1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Green Day Leek and Sweet Potato Chowder

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by *angie*, 6 April 2009 Social URL.

1. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Made a lovely lunch today using bits and bobs in the fridge! I had the original idea of leek and potato, but it developed from there :D We very much enjoyed it, and I know it will freeze well too if you have any left over - this is creamy, comforting food at it simplest :)

Leek, Parsnip and Sweet Potato chowder

Serves 2 -3,
    one HA or 6 syns for total recipe

2 leeks
    1 chunky parsnip
    1 sweet potato
    1 handful frozen peas
    250 ml SS milk (1 HEA or 6 syns)
    2 tsp chicken bovril (from a jar)

Slice the leek and sweat it (soften without colouring) in a frylighted pan.
    Add the chopped parsnip and chopped sweet potato.
    Add the milk, one pint water, and 2 tsp chicken bovril.

Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins.

Set aside some of the chunks of vegetable, and blend the rest (I use a stick blender), return the chunks of veg to the pan and add a handful of frozen peas.

Return the pan to the heat for just long enough to heat the peas.

rosinakathleen likes this.