left slimming club to join gym and fallen off wagon :(

conlou1

Gold Member
i used to go to slimming world but decided as i was only a stone and a half above goal i would join the gym and do it off my own back-BIG MISTAKE!!!

so i am looking for some words of encouragement, im going to rejoin s.w. on monday and i have arranged to go swimming and do a legs bums and tums class and going to go to the gym also hopefully i can stick to this. really struggling with the diet more than the exercise though :cry:

Hi Conlou1 :hug99: big hugs coming your way..... I haven't posted on here for ages because I had totally lost my way and gained major amounts but I keep looking and reading everyone's posts to keep me positive. I speak for myself but I'm prob right in saying that lots of us have left a club to go it alone and realise we've made a BIG mistake. The main thing is that you've realised in time and all that exercise will be toning you up and increasing your metabolic rate so any diet mismaps wont be so major. You could try going back to basics and start the diet as if your on week 1, weighing your A and B choices etc, it might help to refocus you. But also remember what you have achieved so far and feel proud of that. I hope you feel a bit more positive and don't worry about whats gone because that's in the past, its the future that you can change. xx

aaw thanks for your reply it put a real smile on my face. have got a hectic weekend planned where dieting is going to be impossible unless i cancel everything which i cant do so going to be as good as i can for the weekend and when i join tuesday (not monday as i previously said lol) i will start afresh i think its the only way im going to succeed. i have had such a hectic social life lately and havent had the time or energy to cook so it will be nice when things have died down and i can get back on track properly. im actually missing eating healthy food!!!! x

Congratulations on the baby news ;)

I have followed WW and SW and lost significant amounts of weight. I always quit the classes about 2lb from goal weight. Alas I always gained the weight, as I went off plan so quickly.

I would have said start again at SW, but with the baby news, possibly start a class again after the baby is born. Google advice on healthy eating while pregnant, then you can mitigate the natural weight gain.

Congratulations on the baby news ;)

I have followed WW and SW and lost significant amounts of weight. I always quit the classes about 2lb from goal weight. Alas I always gained the weight, as I went off plan so quickly.

I would have said start again at SW, but with the baby news, possibly start a class again after the baby is born. Google advice on healthy eating while pregnant, then you can mitigate the natural weight gain.

hey hun, ive had my baby it was a year ago that i posted that and am now at slimming world again, i havent been on this site for nearly a year lol, shes my last baby so im determined to lose the weight now and keep it off. its so hard though. i find week days a doddle its the weekends i struggle with

Back