Leg pains?

jennikay

Gold Member
I woke up halfway during the night with a sharp pain in my right calf. Had to roll around in agony until it went away and it's not quite better now :cool:

Do you think it's caused by CD, or if not then what?

I occasionally get it in my left calf, but it normally just goes away and I'm fine in the morning :confused:

Could it be cramp? That can often happen at night, when you stretch in your sleep? Can be caused by too little salt, so maybe a cup of bouillon would help? Just a thought. HTH!

I have been on the Cambridge Diet for two weeks and am getting cramp in my legs. Is the diet causing this?
A few people are prone to cramp while using the Diet as their Sole Source of nutrition. It is not caused by the diet itself, but by the increased throughput of fluid in the body’s tissues. The muscle spasms result from changes in sodium levels as the water shifts between cells. The remedy for most people is to keep warm, whilst a drink of slimline tonic water just before bedtime may also help, as it contains quinine – as may "Crampex" tablets.

Side Effects on Cambridge Diet

I get the odd occasional cramp in my legs or feet if I am cold at night and I find even at this time of year I have to take a hot water bottle to bed with me.

If symptoms persist or you notice any discolouration of your foot you would need to consult your GP, especially if you were flying recently.

Airhealth.org - Messages

Love Mini xxx

Thanks to both of you :)

I haven't been flying (of any kind) in at least a few months, and about 2 years since I last went on a commercial flight.

I'll get myself an extra quilt :p

I hope it settles down for you as it is very annoying.

No harm to keep a bottle of slimline tonic in the fridge for emergencies.

Love Mini xxx

slimline tonic is the low / no cal version of tonic water like you would have as gin and tonic :)

i dont think its anything to do with cd, ive gotten these myself and although its the hardest thing to do is stand on your foot. it stops the cramp but for bout to days after you will still hav the after affect of the pain.

i dont think its anything to do with cd, ive gotten these myself and although its the hardest thing to do is stand on your foot. it stops the cramp but for bout to days after you will still hav the after affect of the pain.

Sounds like it would work! But I always have cramps in the middle of the night so don't have the wherewithall to do anything but clutch my leg and wait for it to go :eek:

When would I have the tonic? Keep it beside my bed to drink if I get cramps during the night?

When would I have the tonic? Keep it beside my bed to drink if I get cramps during the night?

Probably the best and safest place to keep it:)

Drink it if you get a cramp and it takes a little while to work but does give relief I find.

Don't forget that extra quilt:D

My poor husband hangs over the side of the bed naked most nights as the heat gets to him:giggle:

Love Mini xxx

It sounds like cramp. I too am prone to it on cd, so have a cup of buillion (just adds a bit of salt back into the diet, which is why the cramps occur in the first place; lack of salt, the nerves need it to function correctly), and have a glass of slimline tonic water at bedtime. The quinine is good for cramp, but also for restless leg syndrome.

LOL!!!

I would love to show you all what a gorgeous body he has and especially his pert bum:p but I think he is a little too shy for that.:D

So this will have to do so you will know what I am talking about:rolleyes:

[youtube]wd_KQXdGKcA[/youtube]

I just got myself some slimline tonic, and it has citric acid in :eek: am I allowed it? :confused:

The slimline tonic is for emergencies at night when you are most likely to get leg cramp and it is not like you are going to be drinking that much of it... this is what was recommended to me and is what is recommended on the Cambridge Diet Site.

The quote below is taken direct from their site.

cambridge company history

I have been on the Cambridge Diet for two weeks and am getting cramp in my legs. Is the diet causing this?
A few people are prone to cramp while using the Diet as their Sole Source of nutrition. It is not caused by the diet itself, but by the increased throughput of fluid in the body’s tissues. The muscle spasms result from changes in sodium levels as the water shifts between cells. The remedy for most people is to keep warm, whilst a drink of slimline tonic water just before bedtime may also help, as it contains quinine – as may "Crampex" tablets

Ah ok, thanks mini :eek:

I should be ok, since I seem to have gone into ketosis easily, so even if it takes me out of ketosis it'll only take me a few days to get back into it :)

Ah ok, thanks mini :eek:

I should be ok, since I seem to have gone into ketosis easily, so even if it takes me out of ketosis it'll only take me a few days to get back into it :)

I took it at night and I did not feel it took me out of ketosis as I was half asleep and still fasting until the morning...

Even if did it would be short lived...the only danger is that if you did feel a pang of hunger not to feel tempted to eat... drink water or make a cup of tea and it will pass.

I would be interested to know if you keep getting them and how you manage with the slimline tonic if it works for you.

If you need something stronger CD recommend "Crampex" tablets.

I still believe keeping warm at night is the secret.

Love Mini xxx

Back