Puddings LEMON SPONGE FINGERS (3 = 1 SYN)

Oooooh my! I have just cut up a handful of strawberries and had them with the left over frosting from the sponge fingers!! Totally scrummy!

I have made these for tonight's taster evening (minus the frosting, just a shake of icing sugar instead) Thankyou for posting!! xx

furrysmudge said:
I have made these for tonight's taster evening (minus the frosting, just a shake of icing sugar instead) Thankyou for posting!! xx

Hiya Furry

Let me know how they go down ;)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I will :) xx

Did you try one??

Kx

These sound awesome. I love lemon flavoured desserts so I can't wait to try this out :)

Hey kwise1,

I am thinking of doing these for my taster evening and was wondering how much quark do you need ??

Thank you

INGREDIENTS (makes about 27-30 and only 9 SYNS total ) :)

SPONGE FINGERS
2 Eggs
1.5 Tblsp Splenda
Grated rind of 1 lemon
50g Plain Flour, sifted

TOPPING
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tblsp sweetener or more to taste
Quark
A few drops of orange essence

PREHEAT OVEN TO 160 fan/ 190 C/ 375F / GM5
Line 2 trays with baking paper

In a kitchen mixer , whisk the eggs , lemon rind and splenda for 10 minutes on full speed. The mixture should become mousse-like

Fold in the flour carefully, making sure it is well stirred in.

Pour into an icing syringe or piping bag with a star end nozzle. Pipe finger length amounts onto the trays. This should make between 27 and 30 fingers.

Cook for 6-8 minutes until golden brown . Cool.

Meanwhile mix the lemon juice within the sweetener and microwave for 30 seconds. Slowly add the quark until a thick consistency is reached. Add orange essence and sweetener to taste.

Pipe on top of fingers.

Only 9 SYNS for the whole lot!!

Experiment by omitting lemon and using cinnamon or mixed spice (1tsp) or vanilla essence. If chocolate required - work out additional SYNS.

Enjoy

Kx

These would work well in a trifle methinks!!

Back