Lemony loses it

*lemony*

I have finally had enough of feeling like a blob and trying to stick to diets. I have never lost weight from dieting. The only time I have had good weight loss is at times when I have not been eating so much. So, I am going to start eating normal amounts of food....the kind of food and amounts that I suspect a naturally slim person eats. I will eat when I'm hungry, eat what I fancy but in smaller amounts, do more activity and make sure I have my 5 a day everyday. Should be simple enough.

This diary is going to document my ups and downs and feelings rather than be an exact list of foods I have eaten.

I think this is going to work for me :)

Positive vibes and comments more than welcome :D

Well, I have changed my plan already and signed up for ww online. The propoints plan looks really good.
I think I need to focus on keeping to a sensible diet rather than depriving myself as I have done in the past.
Does anyone find the propoints plan to be good? I have done slimming world many times but although I like the free food part I find it really restrictive when trying to eat on the run.

Hello and welcome along lemony :) I am not doing WW, but many on here are and I am sure they will comment and advice you

'Size 16 will do' on here has recently started WW propoints, have a wee look at her recent thread on this page.
You are sounding positive and determined. losing weight and changing lifestyle is not always easy, and there can be blips and rocky moments along the road, but thats when we all support and help each other and that really helps, as does keeping a diary on here..it has helped me along the past 11 weeks!

I look forward to chatting with you, keep posting and remember you are not alone, we are all in it together!!!! :D

Have a good day :)

Thanks Rainbow :)

I think that my biggest downfall in the past may have been not making sure I have a support network in place.

You are doing great with your weight loss! :clap:

Hi Lemony
Just wanted to say Hi! I have just started my 'healthy living plan' today so wanted to say we can do it!!! Sending many positive vibes your way!

Thanks Bubblesgalore :)

We can definitely do it! I did manage to do half an hour on the kinect today and might do some more in a while because I am freezing!

Thanks for the vibes :D I'm sending some your way too.;)

good luck with loosing your weight.
what game do you play on kinect? i have been doing biggest looser ultimate workout. its really good. i was really sore after the first couple of times.

Thanks everyone! :D

I have been playing dance central on the kinect...so much fun and you don't feel like you are exercising because you just want to beat your score and do more! I have the Michael Jackson one too but that puts a real image of you in the middle of the screen and I don't really want to watch myself on tv :S

Anyway...was a little indulgent yesterday as it was a family 'do' but not too bad, I had 3 beers, and some dinner but left a bit on my plate and didn't have any cheesecake :)
Today I have had a oatso simple and a xenical because I was craving buttery toast and didn't trust myself.

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Your exercising sounds fun :) Have you tried xenical before? I took it on a previous diet, it worked well, but for some stupid reason????? i failed and gave up...naughty naughty!

Good luck today :):)

Your exercising sounds fun :) Have you tried xenical before? I took it on a previous diet, it worked well, but for some stupid reason????? i failed and gave up...naughty naughty!

Good luck today :):)

Yes, I got prescribed it a while back and did it for about a week and a half and lost 10lbs! But...I was getting headaches everyday which I attributed to the xenical and also started uni so was really worried about having the other side effects (I never experienced it but decided that pooing your pants in lectures is not the way to make new friends).

I find that if you think you are going to have a binge day it is good to take one in the morning just to keep you in line though :)
Maybe give them another go Rainbow?

i tried dance central before it was quite good. today i tried a demo of zumba on kinect. it was really good so i bought the full game.it should get here by tuesday/wednesday. i cant wait.

Yes, I got prescribed it a while back and did it for about a week and a half and lost 10lbs! But...I was getting headaches everyday which I attributed to the xenical and also started uni so was really worried about having the other side effects (I never experienced it but decided that pooing your pants in lectures is not the way to make new friends).

I find that if you think you are going to have a binge day it is good to take one in the morning just to keep you in line though :)
Maybe give them another go Rainbow?

LOL, i didn't get the dreaded side effects, thank goodness, but was definately wary of wandering far from home just incase :D I'm too embarrased to ask for them again after 'giving up' last time, despite losing 12lbs in 2 weeks whilst taking them :eek: My doctor who was young and had a fresh outlook on things (and was very understanding and supportive of me) has recently left to work elsewhere..boohoo, that was half my battle, having a good doctor! He had arranged for me to weigh in with the nurse and possible a twice weekly health 'work out' at the local gym to 'help me'..just waiting for word on that!
Anyway I am waffling now, the point is I don't think the older doctor will be as supportive, and he probably wouldn't prescribe me more xenical after he realises i gave up so easily last time!!! :)..but never say never, maybe one day i'll give them another go if i need a kickstart to keep on track again.

I'll be very interested in following your success on them.

Have a good day :)

Back