LENT: 40 days and 40 nights without....?

I've got myself some vitamin b as its meant to help with the choc cravings : ) and help release energy from the food we eat so I'm ready to attempt 40 days and nights choc free! I've filled up today with chocolate even though I wasn't craving it.. That sounds a stupid thing to do but I was kind of trying to stock up!! As well as a couple of pancakes : 0
I will be allowing the odd desert that might be chocolate flavoured to slip in if I'm out for a meal but no bars or biscuits or cream eggs etc ... Mm cream eggs are a weakness. I can eat 4 in one sitting!! Anyway.. Good luck guys with your pledges for lent!!

Vitamin b sounds good. I'm using fenugreek as suggested by my personal trainer apparently meant to be good for fat metabolism. I haven't really seen much difference but going to use them up cos they cost me £10!

I have had a chocolate muffin but no actual chocolate bars or biscuits. Which is my plan. But I do want some very much : ( so this is day 6
34 left!!
I don't know how long the vitamin b take to start making a difference or even if they do, but I will keep taking them. When pmt time comes around will be my challenging moments!!
The vitamins were only 5.49 for 260 days worth so can't complain about the cost.
But worry that I'm going to eat everything in sight just to avoid chocolate : (
I'm 10.7 at the moment so still up a bit from Xmas but still at goal size if that makes sense.
Kind of hoping to get to 10 stone exactly by end of lent though by not binging on chocolate..,, let's wait and see!

I have had a chocolate muffin but no actual chocolate bars or biscuits. Which is my plan. But I do want some very much : ( so this is day 6
34 left!!
I don't know how long the vitamin b take to start making a difference or even if they do, but I will keep taking them. When pmt time comes around will be my challenging moments!!
The vitamins were only 5.49 for 260 days worth so can't complain about the cost.
But worry that I'm going to eat everything in sight just to avoid chocolate : (
I'm 10.7 at the moment so still up a bit from Xmas but still at goal size if that makes sense.
Kind of hoping to get to 10 stone exactly by end of lent though by not binging on chocolate..,, let's wait and see!

Well done you!!

So, one week to go! Who has managed to keep to it, who has had a slip up?
I was drinking a diet coke or two every day, now not had one in 33 days! Had a sip of my hubby's dr pepper though :-/

Well I did it! I gave up chocolate for lent!!

Was it worth it??? NO!!
I am 5 lbs heavier and ate every alternative sugary carb loaded alternative I could stuff into my greedy little mouth!!
I even went back to eating bread which I had virtually given up, In favour of bagels, wraps crispbread etc.
I just could not stop the craving so I ended up overeating. I really had this vain hope of maybe losing 5/6 pounds but I know now that even though I am a greedy piggy when it comes to choc, if I give In and have it. I'm satisfied and as long as I count the calories and don't make myself feel guilty about it, there is room In my new slimline life for chocolate.
So next year I have decided that for lent I am giving up......CABBAGE!! Muwhahahahah!!

Oh no that's rubbish hotspur, how disappointing! Still, well done for completing it! I achieved on the diet coke front but have seen little or no difference in weight, & I reached for calorie related alternatives so it's back in my life - in moderation :)

Back