Lent Challenge. What are people giving up?

naff off! i thought it was only til next wed/thursday?

i have to wait another WEEK for a takeaway? that bites! :(

Lent began Wednesday, 22 February 2012, and ends Thursday, 5 April 2012. <--- that's what it says when i google lent 2012

i wanna go with that! rofl. i want my takeaway! :)

I expect it says that about the Wednesday/Thursday because then the remaining days leading up to Easter all have specific names, rather than just being generic Lent. Mandy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday. But in the Christian calendar, which is what Lent and the idea of self denial as a discipline come from, Lent leads right up to Easter Day, which is Sunday the 8th.

JimofTroy said:
I expect it says that about the Wednesday/Thursday because then the remaining days leading up to Easter all have specific names, rather than just being generic Lent. Mandy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday. But in the Christian calendar, which is what Lent and the idea of self denial as a discipline come from, Lent leads right up to Easter Day, which is Sunday the 8th.

What she said!! :)

oh knob that!

i'm well cheesed off :(

stupid lent :( I'm not even religious! I'm doing this because i'm stubborn as hell! :( damn damn damn! was looking forward to my takeaway on friday :( *sob*

so what's with the 40 days and 40 nights malarky? lent this year is 46 days, isn't it?

*shakes fist*

yeah i realised that before :(

well- i'm hardcore- i included sunday- because really, if i'm giving something up, i'm not going to have a day off :p haha.

I've stuck to plan every sunday since lent started and i've had no takeaways either

Oh well- a week friday I'll be having chicken in blackbean sauce and I will enjoy iiiiiit :D

Im going right up to Easter Sunday too!!
On official countdown now tho.....cant wait to get back on Facebook and check out all the gossip that iv missed out on, lol.

Just been invited to a party on Saturday night. Sooo tempted to count the end of Lent as midnight that night and have some wine!

Tinnedtomato said:
Im going right up to Easter Sunday too!!
On official countdown now tho.....cant wait to get back on Facebook and check out all the gossip that iv missed out on, lol.

You could set up a countdown on Facebo......... Oh, no, wait. :):):)

Well done on giving it up, I did it last year and it was haaaaaaard. Although, I deactivated my account so didn't get notifications or worry that people had contacted me otherwise it would have killed me. Lol. Congrats.

First thing I'm doing Sunday morning is having a cup of tea but I think I'm going to try to minimise my intake of caffeine as I feel so much better for not drinking it.

Last day of the lent challenge. How is everyone feeling? Will anyone be waiting till midnight and then having/doing whatever it is they gave up? I for one am looking forward to having a cup of tea with my Sunday lunch tomorrow. Nom nom. Well done all. :)

I have a bottle of wine waiting for me until midnight... :D

Back