Lent Challenge. What are people giving up?

I'm up for 100% for Lent. Have been decidedly lax lately due to kitchen refurbs and mini-holidays and also being a lazy mare - so I could use the challenge to get me focussed and back in the sensible eating zone.

Updated list!

I like the idea of being 100%, might be a toughie! But put that down by all means, if it floats your boat.

Caffeine is not so bad dreamslim, I've been off it since the start of the month, hitting the fruit teas quite hard though.

No you can't give up washing up ILoveCake? I did think about giving up, giving up?

New list reordered!

Arctic_bng - chocolate & alcohol - 43 days to go
dreamslim - caffeine - 43 days to go
MadameLaMinx - 100% - 43 days to go
MinkyDinky - non HE snacks - 43 days to go
Rorah - wine - 43 days to go
Slinkydawg - chocolate - 43 days to go
tallsarah - chocolate - 43 days to go
vanilla_cupcake - chocolate - 43 days to go
Vanessal - wine - 43 days to go

Last edited:
im tempted to join in....but it may actually kill me to go without chocolate for that long!!!!
if i go off plan i have chocolate and pretty much have chocolate for all if not a large portion of my syns every day....heck even choc weetabix and fibre plus bars!!

im dithering!

lurverick said:
im tempted to join in....but it may actually kill me to go without chocolate for that long!!!!
if i go off plan i have chocolate and pretty much have chocolate for all if not a large portion of my syns every day....heck even choc weetabix and fibre plus bars!!

im dithering!

I'm giving up chocolate bars, I'll be using Philadelphia chocolate spread to satisfy my sweet tooth, Cadburys & Galaxy chocolate bars are my down fall

I'm not christian, so I shan't be giving up anything for lent. for my religion this time of year is a time to celebrate the beginning of springtime plenty.

What's your religion?

(Neo)Pagan.... but I don't like the Neo bit lol. this time of year is about enjoying the awakening sunshine, and all the food it brings. but this IS all the good stuff, seasonal fruits and veg etc. not processed foods, and (funnily enough) not wheats and grasses as they're not harvested until aug/sept.

I'm in! I want to give up "snacks" that aren't a HexB or fruit n veg. So that means no velvet crunch (Like the 2 packs I had today!) or random little jellies or sticks of mikados *drool*

In theory I should be satisfied on 3 meals a day and have both HexA and HexB either incorporated or together to form a meal (eg cheese HexA toasted sandwich - bread HexB). I will limit any fruit to again incorporating into meals.

Sometimes I snack through boredom, sometimes I "think" I'm hungry, other times I just really want a pudding and use syns because I they have been low but really - it's all just additional food that isn't required!

So yes, I'm in :) 43 days of no snacking!

I think you read my mind!!! have beeen thinking about this all day at work and i'm sick of relying on sugary junk to get me through the day-it's purely boredom eating!!!

Am even willing to up my portion sizes at meal times if i break this habit :D

Melissajayne - non HE snacks - 43days to go

Takes me right up to my birthday too :D x

faerieheavyboot - fizzy drinks - 43 days to go

Count me in! It's actually 46 days from Wednesday 22nd to Thursday 5th April though, so I'm a bit confused about the 43 days :) If the 6 sundays are taken away as they're not included in the Lent period it comes back to 40 days!

I know in my heart of hearts I ought to give up lager (not alcohol, no way!) as that's my biggest vice, but I don't know whether I'd be able to stick to that! So instead I'm going to give up cakes/biscuits (not including cereal bars)/cheesecake and all other such goodies!

dudette2001uk - cake/chocolate/biscuits - 43 days to go

hi all, I want in but dont know what to do. thinking no take aways. Im a sucker for a chow mein. or maybe committing to my exercising. decisions decisions decisions!!!
Will post again tomorrow!
Good luck everyone.

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
Updated list!

I like the idea of being 100%, might be a toughie! But put that down by all means, if it floats your boat.

Caffeine is not so bad dreamslim, I've been off it since the start of the month, hitting the fruit teas quite hard though.

No you can't give up washing up ILoveCake? I did think about giving up, giving up?

New list reordered!

I'm still thinking vodka and diet coke in hand. I will find something though. Lol.

My group was like AA today. Very funny meeting.

Bubsorla said:
hi all, I want in but dont know what to do. thinking no take aways. Im a sucker for a chow mein. or maybe committing to my exercising. decisions decisions decisions!!!
Will post again tomorrow!
Good luck everyone.

Genius. Yes takeaways, not even sw friendly takeaways.
Phew nearly gadgets ti give up vodka! Takeaways I am naughty with.

ILoveCake said:
Genius. Yes takeaways, not even sw friendly takeaways.
Phew nearly has to give up vodka! Takeaways I am naughty with.

Lol. Sorry.

Can someone add me with no takeaways for lent please. I would do it myself but apparently I'm in no fit state!

melissajayne83 said:
I think you read my mind!!! have beeen thinking about this all day at work and i'm sick of relying on sugary junk to get me through the day-it's purely boredom eating!!!

Am even willing to up my portion sizes at meal times if i break this habit :D

In theory the 3 meals should be full of stuff that fill you up until the next meal. "Should" I feel hungry then I will allow myself an apple or banana but that's it. One fruit based snack a day or if I have a HexB spare then say a fibre plus bar - I plan on upping my walking for a half marathon in July so I may need to have something with me while training to keep my natural sugar levels up - if that makes sense?! Xx

dudette2001uk - cake/chocolate/biscuits - 43 days to go
ILoveCake - takeaways - 43 days to go
kate,mcg - chocolate, crisps or biscuits - 43 days to go