Lent Challenge. What are people giving up?

sham88 said:
whoops i fell off the wagon today but i think i had good reason to-I had my driving test this morning so I had two cigarettes to calm my nerves-I passed the test so im too chuffed to be mad at myself-Im not craving another smoke now so i dont see it as too much of a setback-straight back on it tomoro and I still havent broken my choc, crisps and sweets lent!! Keep up the good work everybody xx

Congrats on passing your driving test x

Gave up wine for lent. Hopefully we'll see a good result next week!!

Hopefully you stay of the wine better than me, my boyfriend poured a glass for himself with our dinner last night and me having no will power at all stole his glass. :break_diet:

Also had a friend point out my b'day and 5 of my friends fall in March so I can't have a drink then. Why did I think giving up alcohol would be easy?!?!?!

Hopefully you stay of the wine better than me, my boyfriend poured a glass for himself with our dinner last night and me having no will power at all stole his glass. :break_diet:

Also had a friend point out my b'day and 5 of my friends fall in March so I can't have a drink then. Why did I think giving up alcohol would be easy?!?!?!

I was going to give up wine for lent but knew I wouldn't be able to manage for the same reason as you it's my birthday, my fiance and 2 other family members all during lent which we will no doubt have a get together which normally involves a few drinks.

That's why I gave up wine rather than alcohol in general. I'm very likely to have wine in the evenings, and I wanted to cut down on my alcohol intake, so my thought was that if I give up wine I can still drink on nights out for birthdays and stuff (I'll have vodka and soda probably, cheapest!) but will cut down on casual drinks. I'm doing fine so far!

No takeaways yet but I'm ill and the lazyness appeals!

tallsarah said:
how many days do we have left?

Too many! I just want a pack of velvet crunch :D

It's harder to get syns in for me without eating snacks so really having to think at the moment what to eat. But saying that, the vodka on Saturday night did help! Xx

Good question, how many days left. And what is velvet crunch, i keep hearing it being mentioned.

vanessal said:
Good question, how many days left. And what is velvet crunch, i keep hearing it being mentioned.

They are a bit like snack a jacks but I think they are nicer. The salt and vinegar ones are mega strong, cheddar and onion pretty strong and the Thai sweet chilli ones aren't hot but have a Thai flavour to them. Just a lovely little snack for 4 syns. Xx

A friend just text me to say that seen as im not on facebook at the moment, I hadn't heard the news that she was pregnant :eek: How much more juicy goss have I missed out on.....:( lol. Sooo determined to live it out tho lol x x

A friend just text me to say that seen as im not on facebook at the moment, I hadn't heard the news that she was pregnant :eek: How much more juicy goss have I missed out on.....:( lol. Sooo determined to live it out tho lol x x

You are a stronger woman than me giving facebook up for lent. :)

Congratulations to your friend!

Im going to buy velvet crunch this weekend to try, sounds good.And tinnedtomato I gave up facebook back in October and best thing I ever did, now I really dont miss it at all.

Back