Lent is approaching - who's giving something up?

See thread at the top of the off topic page. There's a few of us giving something up or doing something right!

First day of my 100% on plan and tonight i am going to football straight from work so my food choices will be whatever fast food is available on tottenham high road. So thats burger, chinese, kebab, fish & chips, subway, mcd's, hot dog
Good start eh? Think i'll go for chicken kebab no pitta or sauce, extra salad :) no booze in pub before :(

100% day for me too, sins accounted for, meals planned and about to start with Jillians 30 day shred. That will keep me going most of lent, as I would like to commit to doing some form of exercise for the next 40 days ....(and beyond...!)

What we giving up for lent?? x x

Im giving up the obvious! CHOCOLATE! i'm doing this only because i actually came to the conclusion that i have been having a bag of mini egg's every day since xmas! So i need stop it!

It's my first year on giving something for 'lent' so it will be a hard one but it's worth a go!

Anyone giving up anything strange? x x:eek:

oh well 4 is my lucky number!! Hahaha i forgot bout offtoppic been a while since ive been on ere!
Sowwie, n cheers for the heads up! x x

I suffer from PCOS and have read that sugar is one of the culprits for my body holding on to weight that I don't want! Therefore, I'm giving up sugar, like in chocolate and tea/coffee, biscuits etc Sruff I shouldn't eat anyway, but I'm going to try and be more aware of the type of sugar I'm eating and stopping the "bad" sugars. Hopefully I'll lose a bit more of this chubb!

Good luck everyone :) x

right Ive merged ALL the Lent threads and if ANYONE starts a new one :whoopass: there'll be BIG trouble :mad:

;)

right Ive merged ALL the Lent threads and if ANYONE starts a new one :whoopass: there'll be BIG trouble :mad:

;)

How clever is that ???

well as i said in another thread i am supposed to give up sweets, buscuits and cakes etc[though not processed food, bread or meet etc]..problem is my birthday is on Sunday..know even if i don't break it by then i will on my birthday. and then there is 17th March which some people say is a day your allowed off lent

i will do my best apart from my birthday [my mother will probably get me a takeaway and cake and i won'tbe able to resist] and on my birthday keep treats to a minimum

i really should not break it on my birthday

i am so so greedy

What we sometimes do, when we know there is something that will mean breaking what we intend to give up, is to say there's a charge (going to Charity) for any time you break it. So - give up cake, but you want some on your birthday? It'll cost you £5. Then you choose!

I'm going to give up alcohol.

Hopefully I should get to target then instead of messing about, like I have been over the past few weeks. :mad:

Michelle

Alcohol especially Gin !

I have two or three most evenings!!!

This going to be tough chaps!!!

Last gin was 10.00pm Tuesday 8th March!!!

I'm going to give up alcohol.

Hopefully I should get to target then instead of messing about, like I have been over the past few weeks. :mad:

Michelle

Good luck Michelle, I will join you!!!!

I think I will give up alcohol as well. I don't drink much but I do like a nice glass of white now and again.Be interesting to see if it makes any difference weightwise.

Back