Lentils

LazeeLady

Hi all

Just wanted to ask a quick question about lentils.

I used to love making a soup that was basically passata (sieved tomatoes) and lentils with some stock cubes and pepper.

I remember on WW it was really low in points and v filling but thinking about re-feed I'm not really sure what lentils are classed as (are they carbs?) and on what day do you think it would be ok to start having the soup?

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

LLxx

I would leave it until the second week. Carbs are back in on day 3 or 4 but I would leave it until the second week. I love soups, I have them most days and I use red and green lentils.

Thanks Mary

Really need to start educating myself about food:)

oooh lazy - dont suppose i could pinch your recipe for this soup?
Never tried lentils, want to but dont just wana grab a handful and munch em lol

Wouldn't be too good if you did Tan! They're dried and have to be reconstituted before you can eat them. Lol! xx

oh really? so lentils are a no no?!!!

No not at all they're really good. What I meant was your comment about grabbing a handful & munching on them .... YUK!!! You've gotta cook 'em xx

oooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Shows how little i know about them! lol

Hi Tanya

Here is the recipie if you want to give it a go:

In a big pan put the following:

750ml to 1000ml of pasata (its like chopped tomatoes already all mushed up). It's normally on the pasta ailse in the supermarket

Add about the same amout of water

Add 2/3rds of a mug of red lentils

Then add two veg or chicken stock cubes and salt and pepper to taste

I sometimes add some garlic, mixed herbs or chopped basil

Give it a good stir and heat it up on the hob til its almost at the boil then put a lid on the pan and let it simmer for about 30mins so the lentils can cook - keep giving it a stir every now and then.

All done!

If I can make it then anyone can

LLxx

YUMMMMEEEEE, gotta have me some of that!!!!!

Ahhh fankyou lazeee!! :D:D:D

Back