• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Lentils

Im not pretty convinced I have an intolerance to lentils :(
Since startig Green, Ive used lentils in many cases as a meat substitute. I dont eat masses but I certainly eat more than I did before.
Over the last few days Ive been monitoring it and its defo the lentils.
Such a shame,as I have some great recipes for them! BOOOOO!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

missfortissimo

addicted to minimins
What are your symptoms? If it's being bloated and gassy then that should be normal.

Yes the bloating and gas are normal.
My symptoms ahave been very sharp stomach pain about 20 minutes after eating. Followed by the gas. Followed by a few hours of feeling that I need to go to the toilet immediatly!

If i could have something with the lentils that could conteract it, I would, as I love lentils!

missfortissimo

addicted to minimins
Ouch, that is no fun! :( I wonder if there is a supplement you can take. That's really too bad. I have a similar problem with avocados, they make me quite ill but I like them (especially guacamole :eek: )!

Last edited:
I know! So annoying as i really do love lentils, especially my home made lentil soup!
Oh well, its not very pleasant to experience so will give them up. :(

Before you give them up totally have you tried something like Deflatine? That helps spread the gases out that causes the discomfort. I have trouble with chickpeas :eek: So I dont eat them when Im going to be in public :D

like the idea of fennel tea...will get some the moro :)