Lepicol & Colon care !!

canaryellow

Hi.. I went to Holland and Barratt today on the look out for some Psyllium Husks, but the assistant said that they only had capsule form, but did offer me Lepicol & Colon care, which both contained the Husks, in powder form

I was just wondering if anyone has either used the above, or know if either are suitable ?!

Thanks x

I'd be very careful about using anything that isn't just 'pure psyllium husks'. If I remember rightly, one of the products contains digestive 'additives' (probiotics or something) which DO contain carbs and cals ... not many by enough to affect some people who are particularly carb sensitive.

Here's a link to a company called Healthspan - it's where I get my PH from. Delivery is very fast and their PH is carb and cal free.

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/product.aspx?Id=C-PH

Hope this helps :)

Colon care - nice catchy name eh???!!!!! is pure powdered psyllium husk fibre - but quite expensive compared to online PH.

Yeah Bev is right.
i'd run out of my e-bay husks so popedinti H&B.there were several different proucts all containing psyllium(=ispaghula)but the only one with nothing added & therefore NO carbs was the colon care. If I hadn't been v keen to get things moving I'd have left empty handed as the price was painful.
Onthe plus side the husks are more finely ground than my cheap -ebay stuff & mixes into my mousses more smoothly.

guess you get what you pay for.
Haven't tried the healthspan stuff yet.
Pesonally I like the CD's own fibre89 best,but that also is expensive...but not as expensive as being obese...ho hum .Reckon I need to examine my priorities

Healthspan PH is fantastic: very fine and without a 'strong' flavour so it's great mixed in with the packs.
:)

I've tried loads of different ones and think the healthspan one is the best. It has virtually no flavour so I can even take it in water and just swallow it down :D

Healthspan PH is fantastic: very fine and without a 'strong' flavour so it's great mixed in with the packs.
:)

I've tried loads of different ones and think the healthspan one is the best. It has virtually no flavour so I can even take it in water and just swallow it down :D

well there's a recommendation (or 2.;) )
I tried to get some healthspan stuff,but must have got confused.I ended up with a pot of FOS= Fructo-oligosaccharide.
This is v similar to inulin which is the stuff CD's fibre 89 is made of.It's got a pleasant slightly sweet taste & they say it can be used as a sugar substitute, but it does have some (but v little) carb content.

Have either of you tried it?

well there's a recommendation (or 2.;) )
I tried to get some healthspan stuff,but must have got confused.I ended up with a pot of FOS= Fructo-oligosaccharide.
This is v similar to inulin which is the stuff CD's fibre 89 is made of.It's got a pleasant slightly sweet taste & they say it can be used as a sugar substitute, but it does have some (but v little) carb content.

Have either of you tried it?

Never tried it ... did you get it from Healthspan? You need to click on the 'constipation' section to get PH.

I particularly like PH because it makes a meal out of a shake ... makes them more substantial and filling. Of course, it also prevents constipation ... I really couldn't do this diet without it.

Let us know how you get on with the stuff you bought.

Weight Loss

Hiya Yellow, i've tried lots of these psyllium husk products, and they are all a much of a muchness. Pretty expensive too. They do work, but i found Lepicol gave me bad wind and stomach cramps. Now trying one called Regular Joe.
On my third day, and so far all is well!!!
Will let you know how things go. One good thing is this product is CHEAP!!:p

Back