Les Mills appreciation thread

Pump is incredible...its the only class that I have seen such fast results.

I'm getting used to Attack...still not a great fan, but its growing on me. No classes this weekend. I'm going down to Liverpool to see the in laws. The selection of classes is dire. I'm doing hot yoga instead.

I've only done attack a couple of times, as I prefer combat. That being said, I'm just about to go to attack and pump back to back. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i started on attack, then tried combat and pump last :)

I am still struggling to get round to the fact that if I start Pump I'll see decent differences. Can it have a good affect if the KGs is kept low or does it have to be quite a significant amount of weight being handled? I am due to give Pump a go at 11am next Saturday :) I did combat x3 this week and still love it :D

I have seen a huge difference from pump, my weights arent that big if compared to others, but they are big enough that I find each track difficult. My weight loss has stayed about the same but my shape has changed drastically according to friends

I am still struggling to get round to the fact that if I start Pump I'll see decent differences. Can it have a good affect if the KGs is kept low or does it have to be quite a significant amount of weight being handled? I am due to give Pump a go at 11am next Saturday :) I did combat x3 this week and still love it :D

I'm no expert, but when I was doing it regularly a few years back, I saw a huge difference. I dont think that I lifted any heavier that 8.5 for thighs and 2.5 for chest/biceps. I think gina summed it up quite nicely. If you can do the whole set without struggling, then your weights are too light.

theres no need to go super heavy with the weights, the weights i use are heavy ish but ive built that up over a year as i was getting used to a certain weight too easy. i love the burning feeling, and soon as that feeling goes i dont feel im getting the best out of myself! i started off using little weights (1kg each side for everything). theres no cetain weight that works, its what you can do that matters, as long as you can feel it then its right.

my weights has either stayed the same or gotten a bit heavier, but my clothes are getting looser on me :)

bugs me that i have upper body weakness, i want to amke my squat weight more but lack of upper body strengh means i cant lift the bar over my head :'(

Last edited:
LOVE LOVE LOVE attack! ahhh, the instructor is really tough, her classes can burn alot. todays was over 1000 in just one hour.... woohoo!!

attack AND combat double fun today, woohoo

LOVE LOVE LOVE attack! ahhh, the instructor is really tough, her classes can burn alot. todays was over 1000 in just one hour.... woohoo!!

How do you know so accurately gina? I've finally got myself a new shock absorber bra, so will be going for it tomorrow night :D Still not loving it as much as pump or balance, but that might come in time once I lose more weight.

What trainers do you guys wear? I need to treat myself to a new pair. Mine are rubbish, no cushioning whatsoever! lol

How do you know so accurately gina? I've finally got myself a new shock absorber bra, so will be going for it tomorrow night :D Still not loving it as much as pump or balance, but that might come in time once I lose more weight.

i use a heart rate moniter watch for the classes, i love my HRM :D
forgot it today :( boooooo

i use a heart rate moniter watch for the classes, i love my HRM :D
forgot it today :( boooooo

How does that work then? So it takes your heart rate and then does it have your personal information stored, like how much you weigh etc? So it can work out how many calories you burn? I'm fascinated!! lol

mine just shows my heart rate and how many calories ive burned based on that. i dont have to put in my height/weight/sex ect... mines a cheapy though

Hmmm, I might stick that on my Christmas list lol. Will go and do some research. Thanks gina :)

step and pump tonight, im aching already, upped my tricep weight of 5kg each side is killing me

upped my weights for pump, 9kg for my warm up and 24kg on squats. dont really feel much different though...
want to up my bicep weight, i dont get the burn anymore :'(

Last edited:
i upped my tricep weight the other week but it is still killing, they all are at the moment which is good i guess but i seem to shake most of the way through the hour lol. I feel the chest track in my arms as well as my chest, do you??

yes, always! :( i get the tricep shakes more but i tend to shake during the back track too.

Back