INSANITY!

Bucks

Hey there, I'm pretty much a gym addict, well when it comes to classes atleast. I was doing Les Mills cardio workouts such as Body Combat and Body Attack. I certainly enjoyed them and liked seeing the other gym members all the time but after a couple of years I noticed I wasn't achieving much in the way of a change to my body type. I had lost alot of weight but not much in the toning up department.

Then I discovered Insanity...

It's a freaking awesome workout but extrememly difficult to start on. I can honestly say I've never sweated and pushed myself this far before. I'm into my third week of it and coupled with some protein shakes I've already noticed a big change, especially in my torso. Abs are becoming defined nicey and I've got bigger shoulders and developed biceps already.

Has anyone else tried Insanity yet? Or is anyone thinking of starting it?

I'm doing the insanity workouts but not every day. I've been doing them every other day and doing other things on the days in between. This is purely because, with 3 children its hard to fit it in every day, especially as my little boy is teething and clingy at the moment. I'm also hoping it will stop me getting bored with it and quitting! So I do either skipping, sit ups, spinning or go out for a run on the days in between x

I have recently finished my first round and loved it. My fitness went through the roof! I am now doing another programme but try to squeeze in a couple of insanity workouts each week along with running. I'm also looking at Convict Conditioning too.

I've bought insanity and planning to start it Monday as I'm away this weekend and don't want an excuse to miss a work out.
Is it as horrific as I've heard?

I'd like to give it a go, but I think I'll wait til I've lost a bit first. I'd like it to be the program I use when at goal weight to finish the toning. Plus- I can't afford it yet!

I've bought insanity and planning to start it Monday as I'm away this weekend and don't want an excuse to miss a work out.
Is it as horrific as I've heard?

It somehow manages to be horrific yet brilliant. Addictive, ruddy hardwork, tiring.....but gets results and for me a real sense of achievement. I was already pretty fit when I started, but the progress I made amazed me.

Oh the workout is awesome, gruesome but well satisfying I've just completed week 1 & looking forward to the rest of it :) x

OKay so just did day 1 fit test. Who knew I could sweat so much on a 15 minute workout!
First half was okay but just died in the second half! For someone who plays a lot of sports and just coming off half marathon training, I didn't think my cardio fitness was as bad as it clearly is.
Looking forward to getting started on the workouts tomorrow (might regret saying that tomorrow!)

I started again and decided to follow the programme properly and do the 6 sessions a week with one rest day. I'm currently on day 10 and have a big love/hate relationship with it! It's a killer....but addictive and I can't wait til the next day to have another go! Already I am noticing that I am 'digging deeper' each time so my fitness must be improving already!

i have just started doing Shaun t rockin body as well. Rockin body in the mornings and insanity in the evenings! Lovin' it!

I started again and decided to follow the programme properly and do the 6 sessions a week with one rest day. I'm currently on day 10 and have a big love/hate relationship with it! It's a killer....but addictive and I can't wait til the next day to have another go! Already I am noticing that I am 'digging deeper' each time so my fitness must be improving already!

i have just started doing Shaun t rockin body as well. Rockin body in the mornings and insanity in the evenings! Lovin' it!
O
Oh my goodness, how are you doing two at once?!?
I had a netball match in the evening yesterday after insanity in the morning; and literally have to drag my legs out of bed to do insanity today!
Well done you, I'm only on day 3 but love it so far. I like being pushed and looking forward to getting fitter!

Back