Les Mills appreciation thread

Hi lovlies! Not been to a class ALL WEEK!
Been doing the Dukan diet, and while it's workingn on the weight loss (1lb a day so far :D) you can't do any 'stenuous excersise :() It only recommends a 20 min walk per day. meh!

That being said - I'm doing a 10k walk tonight, so will probably try a class tomorrow night.

BODY ATTACK!!! OR Pump... or jam... probably more than one :p

ooh cant complain at that loss! well done you!

gym i go to wont have jam either, theres already zumba and another dance class, all too popular to be replaced (although jam would be more popular i bet)

gina_b said:
it should be squats thats the heaviest one really, i really pile on the weight for that one. bicep one is begining to feel a bit easy so it might be best to change the weight of it, 3kg is a big jump though

according to the guildline printout i have
in order of heaviest:
squats
back
chest & lunges
triceps/biceps/shoulders
warm up

x

I think I need to increase my weights because after squats I don't feel out of breath, I think I'm being overcautious.
Thanks for the list that really helps xx

i know ive got a good weight on if i can pick it up, but its not easy to pick up... and if its too heavy i cant lift it over onto my shoulders. does that make sence?

squats are agony, pure pain. always feel like my legs have gone dead after doing them!

gina_b said:
i know ive got a good weight on if i can pick it up, but its not easy to pick up... and if its too heavy i cant lift it over onto my shoulders. does that make sence?

squats are agony, pure pain. always feel like my legs have gone dead after doing them!

Yeah definitely, that makes sense to me :)
Thanks for that lovely, I don't think I'm pushing myself enough. Xx

:)

x

Does anyone else shake whilst doing tricep track?
I have no strength in my tricep and I shake- is this right or should I try lighter weights? X

YES! everytime my arms shake :(

when i did lighter weights i didnt feel this, only since i upped my weights did i feel it. i use 10kg on my triceps- thinking of upping it to 12kg, they shake alot! my old tricep weight was 5kg x

gina_b said:
YES! everytime my arms shake :(

when i did lighter weights i didnt feel this, only since i upped my weights did i feel it. i use 10kg on my triceps, they shake alot! my old tricep weight was 5kg x

Is it okay that I shake lol?
I upped my weights today- not quite up to your weight though! You're doing amazing! X

i assume so, did you used to flare your elbows out rather than keep them in before, even slightly flared? only when i got the right technique did i shake.

i go by this for the right weight: if it feels like your can do it all over again and its easy its too light, and if you struggle then the weight is right- the last set should be a push x

took some time to work up to it, i attempted it when i first started, almost dropped it on my head!

Last edited:
gina_b said:
i assume so, did you used to flare your elbows out rather than keep them in before, even slightly flared? only when i got the right technique did i shake.

i go by this for the right weight: if it feels like your can do it all over again and its easy its too light, and if you struggle then the weight is right- the last set should be a push x

I only started pump again last week and before this I've only done it once before so never really noticed too much, it's every time i do it, I guess I'm doing it okay then!
I think I'm getting there with my weights, I need to add more on to back track though, I could have done another 50 clean and presses lol - oops!! X

first classes people dont tend to go that high anyway.

the bicep track is cruel. you think the songs finshed and then it starts up again. one of my instructors starts lowering her bar to see if peopel pay attention. half of them think its over and put it down lol x

gina_b said:
first classes people dont tend to go that high anyway.

the bicep track is cruel. you think the songs finshed and then it starts up again. one of my instructors starts lowering her bar to see if peopel pay attention. half of them think its over and put it down lol x

Fair enough.
I know haha! I love it though :) when is new release due? x

ill be doing the new launches (of pump, jam, attack, combat, step and balance) on the 4th of september in the unleashed event, not sure of the official day of it being launched in gyms though.

already exited for it, its gonna be good :D x

gina_b said:
ill be doing the new launches (of pump, jam, attack, combat, step and balance) on the 4th of september in the unleashed event, not sure of the official day of it being launched in gyms though.

already exited for it, its gonna be good :D x

Woo that's so cool!! I'm excited for
It too - I love les mills! x

cost me £50 for the day to do it, but so worth it.

might be worth getting my broken finger fixed first lol x

gina_b said:
cost me £50 for the day to do it, but so worth it.

might be worth getting my broken finger fixed first lol x

Have u ever been to unleashed before?

Ouchie!! Yeah maybe! Can't believe you're still working out with a broken finger! x

first time ill have been, theres a few i know going but all are insructors!

its been broke around 3/4 weeks- if its not broke ill be surprised. that mup thats ticking out hasnt gone down and is painful to touch. it dosent affect bending my hand as its at the bottom of my finger :) x

gina_b said:
first time ill have been, theres a few i know going but all are insructors!

its been broke around 3/4 weeks- if its not broke ill be surprised. that mup thats ticking out hasnt gone down and is painful to touch. it dosent affect bending my hand as its at the bottom of my finger :) x

That's so cool!! :)
Aww nooo! That's rubbish :( maybe you should get it checked out before you go lol!

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm in so much pain today- I'm fine if I stay still lol as soon as I move I can feel the effects of combat and pump - at least I know its working haha!! x

ill be feeling the same tommorow, today was attack and combat double. double the ouch....

Back