Les Mills appreciation thread

ive started doing my pilates dvd at home after ive done pump, it does helped ease the aches i get. still ache after it the next day, but not as bad as i would normally.

speaking of pilates, i did a class today. did not enjoy it, i felt like id wasted an hour doing nothing. i got reccomended to try that class too as the instructor works you "really hard"
wish there was somewhere in preston that did body balance, now that one i really like!

Hey gina,

You know in your signature it says you got your body fat down from 22% to 16.8%? I had my BF measured a couple of weeks ago and it's 23.6%. The trainer said if I lost 7%, then I would be super toned.

I'm now about 11 stone at 5ft10, quite slim in clothes but still have wobbly bits hanging over my waistband. Although I feel it's definitely going...I would like it to go faster!

What nutrition and exercise tips do you have? And how long did that take you?

SL xxx

How do you get your body fat measured? What is a healthy percent?

Hey gina,

You know in your signature it says you got your body fat down from 22% to 16.8%? I had my BF measured a couple of weeks ago and it's 23.6%. The trainer said if I lost 7%, then I would be super toned.

I'm now about 11 stone at 5ft10, quite slim in clothes but still have wobbly bits hanging over my waistband. Although I feel it's definitely going...I would like it to go faster!

What nutrition and exercise tips do you have? And how long did that take you?

SL xxx

nothing in particular, but im putting it down to doing body pump and weights at home/gym floor too. i try to limit any low impact options in cardio classes, i tire myself out but i feel energised at the same time :S
first body fat reading i did was in feb 2011, the last reading i did was october 2011. so 8 monthes :) feels like ages!

How do you get your body fat measured? What is a healthy percent?

i use the scales in boots, they seem accurate with matching the weight on my home scales

i do alot of core strengh exercises, not sure if its helepd but its improved my press up technique (being able to do them on toes now and not my knee's)

nutrition wise i do take protein shakes, and if im doign weights that day i have creatine tablets (they are awful, i feel sick off them) just plenty of protein and carbs. i tried cutting out carbs and it was horrible, never again. i need them beloved carbs :D

I'm too scared to find out the percentage of my body that is fat

i only take those evil creatine tablets to help build up strengh and bulk faster though, hate taking them. they are too big to swallow properly i feel really sick after having the correct dose (7!!!) :( its helped with the strengh issues though!

Thanks Gina!

I think I'm a bit of too scared of the tablets, but I will do more weights and step us the protein shakes. I feel like I've already de-flabbed lol, I'll have to get measured again next month though, so we'll see! Thank you for your advice, it's really helpful.

Went to Pump yesterday and was able to increase the weights on nearly all tracks, and I did all the press-ups on my toes! Woop! Xxx

Was knackered last night so I failed on the squats and didn't bother using any weights, but on the plus side I did up my hand weights and I can defo feel the difference this morning.

They're starting a new release of bady pump next week. All the instructor could say about it was that it was 'interesting'. Hmm i'm slightly concerned about the rumour that there are no leg tracks. However I might be pleasantly suprised.

Malibu xx

bought my own pump clips finally, theres only a few decent pairs of clips and lots of little flimsy things in the box. the instructor had some for selling, £4 for them. ill get to try them out on saturday :)

tonight was pump, but mixed this time. the squat track in particular was hard. i asked if she could do "what ive done" from pump 71 next week, love that track. super slow biceps and bottom halves, track seems to never end too :D

I'm too scared to find out the percentage of my body that is fat

Me too!! lol I think my scales might do it, so I'll check that out. At least it'll be much better since I've lost 4 stones!!

BodyAttack last night and BodyPump this morning. Mixed tracks with Pump. I love the abs track 'just a little'. I got a carried away with the tricep track as I want to really concentrate on my bingo wings. I'm going to be very sore over the weekend!!

its the les mills SQW this weekend, sure theres an unleashed for the public to go to tommorow :( boooo i have my instructors on my fb and its all ive been looking at

its the les mills SQW this weekend, sure theres an unleashed for the public to go to tommorow :( boooo i have my instructors on my fb and its all ive been looking at

Whats an SQW?

We've started release 80 of body pump this week and theres no leg tracks, instead theres 3 core sections which work you legs but not as much, their aim is to increase your core strength bfore reintroducing the legs, in the hope that it will improve your all round performances. hmmm sounds good in theory but we shall see, I have really bad core strength so will defo be able to notice an improvement if there is one.

Malibu xx

no squats? :( i love squatting :'(

sqw is the super quarterly workshops, the les mills instreuctors go and do the new ones, get the music and dvds ect... occasionally theres an unleashed attached to it. on the unleashed day members of the public can go, i loved my unleashed day, it was ace

if theres no squats i wont be pleased. they can skip lunges all they want, dont like them. but not the squats... :(

ouch. woke up with my shoulder in agony, must of slept on it funny. dosed up on painkillers and the pain was forgotten until i did pump. it was so sore, in the cool down, on the tricep stretch it popped and felt like something went back in place. felt loads better though, why couldnt it have done that before the class? :( i was forced to lower my weights becuase my shoulder kept hurting. i could only do side raises in the shoulder track, with lower weights than normal.

:'( i got a donut to cheer myself up though.

A rare Sunday off today. I went to BodyBalance. I had the best intentions to go to BodyPump as well, but slept until 11.15! Well, at least I managed one class lol.

im having a weekend off, just yesterday and today.

my shoulders still twingy and i dont want to make it worse doing pump two days in a row :)

There isnt any point in aggravating things Gina, even though it must be frustrating for you.

Legs, bums and tums, then BodyBalance for me this morning. Pump tomorrow night.

Back