Les Mills appreciation thread

Miss.S said:
Hey guys!

I came across this thread and am relieved to find other Les Mills fans too - my boyfriend gets sick of me being at the gym so much but now I know it's him, not me ;)

Did body attack today - loving the new release, esp the running track, press ups and the abs track is a killer!!

Haha yeah mine gets fed up with me talking about the gym too!

We joined together, the idea being we could go together then enjoy the spa, sauna etc together afterwards. He went for about 2 months then stopped, and now I feel guilty for wanting to go to a few classes per week!! Killjoy!!

Got body attack again tonight, the instructor isn't as hard on us as the other one though so I shouldn't feel like I'm dying when it's done!!

I can't seem to my head (or legs ) around the sideways kick that you cross you back leg over before you do the kick. I'm even worse when they are sped up. I don't know if it's cos I'm so fat and find it hard to move my body in time but I REALLY struggle with this Combat move.

:( sad news.

my fave instructor is leaving (holiday for 6 monthes), and the other is going on maternity. neither of them will be getting their job back after either :(

not happy.

attack was really good tonight too, will miss claire when she leaves. pushes you to go further alot, even got the entire class minus the pregnant ladies doing the full walking burpee's. she actallu said before the track "unless youve got an injury, or pregnant theres no reason you cant do them. they hurt and they arnt liekd but they work"

best instructor going at the gym, all her classes are jam packed and always over by at least 15 people

ohh chublock! i love that move in combat, its my fave! struggle to get though.... and that song :D

Last edited:
i dont have the confidence :(
there is another good instructor there but he only does mondays. booooo

I'm getting ready to make my weekly Friday night dash to the gym - have to travel from work to the gym, park the car, get changed and fill my water up all in 30minutes!! All for 45 mins of body attack! :)

YAY!

fave instrructor got her job back, woohoo. she will be coming back after her holidays now, eeeee! happy happy happy

forgot to pack my gym clothes in my bag before work so i had to go and buy something from town... ooops. made it well in time for attack though :)

tonights attack was so good, 4 other instructors turned up for claires last cass so had 5 in the front! a card went round for her and a box of choccies too :D shows how much they are appreciated really

gina_b said:
YAY!

fave instrructor got her job back, woohoo. she will be coming back after her holidays now, eeeee! happy happy happy

forgot to pack my gym clothes in my bag before work so i had to go and buy something from town... ooops. made it well in time for attack though :)

tonights attack was so good, 4 other instructors turned up for claires last cass so had 5 in the front! a card went round for her and a box of choccies too :D shows how much they are appreciated really

Yay! That's excellent news! :)

That's fab news!! It makes such a difference to the class if you like the instructor!! Yay!!x

very happy now, does mean 6 monthes of a potentially bad instructor, canceled classes or replaced classes.

the gym tried to replace combat with high intensity aerobics last time an instructor couldnt make it. it wasnt high intensity, the class was full with 30 people and ended up being about 10 in the class soon as "high intensity aerobics" was mentioned...

for those 6 monthes i might do something different :)

Hi guys

That's me back from my holidays. Its also coincided with me going full time at work and working a new shift pattern. Unfortunately it means that I'm going to miss one of my Attack classes and I need to go 10 miles away to attend the other Attack class.

I've got my new plan organised so I'll see how that goes this week. Bums, Legs and Tum followed by Balance tomorrow.

It's nice to be back :)

:/ ive been trying to book in for tommorows attack since sunday. no one seems to be canceling their place on it, and im desprate to go.
that desprate i have booked in for pilates that just before it, in the same room and boring boring boring. my plan if i cant get in attack sooner is to do the pilates (yawn) and just hide in the cupboard until the manager has done her check list of people in there. its gonna be packed out tommorow, the instructors last tuesday class so its gonna be a toughie. wednesday is her last one for 6 monthes, but ive managed to get in that one (took 15 mins of me ringing up constantly)! these classes are getting hard to book in for now, but im a regular there, i dont pay membership to not get full use of it. so i will go them. being illegal or not illegal.

got in the class, they made it in the big sports hall and allowed 60 in the class!

may have been a bit chilly in there but im so glad i got on it! the hall was booked for badminton so we got cleared out.... they staff didnt seem to like us in there. they were getting the badminton poles out and the instructor walks over to one and says "and now its pole dancing time!" the staff wernt impressed lol. tried to get us out without doing a cool down but the instructor was having none of it, said what can they do? sack me? was a good fun class :)

her last tuesday for 6 monthes :( she will be missed alot

Im just glad all the new years resolution crew have given up, means I can actually get on a class now.

I've no problem with people who want to join the gym but if you not planning on staying more than 3 weeks why bother.

And one more thing they've gone n dropped my monday night combat class for a zumba class, now I like zumba but this class is possibly the worst class I have been too!

Ahh ok rant over.

on a possitive note i'm really getting in to the new body pump (release 80) with no legs, I thought it would be pointless but you really can feel the benefit of focusing on your core.

Malibu xx

That's so true, we were warned by one instructor about 'January Joiners' but I had no idea how quickly classes would get booked up. At my gym you can book about 10 days in advance, but if you leave it just one day you've got no chance of a place! And the waiting list for attack next weds is 18 and counting!! That's like a whole extra class!!

I have a day off tomorrow so am booked into a morning body pump class-my first in a very long time!! Eep!!
Xx

ooh. that pump will hurt tommorow.

already got a sore bum from it, well lower body mainly.

good news is the new years resolution people have stopped gymming it now. horray i can finally book a class! its not the ones who carry on that bug me, its the ones who go for about a month then give up. grrrr

Tell me about it, my favorite bodystep class that takes 34 people booked out in less than fifteen minutes this week for next weeks class, madness !

Back