Les Mills appreciation thread

the tuesdays and fridays attack have always been very hard to get in now, 30 places go in less than a minute on the onine booking. you have to be online and straight on there to actually book it :/

today was combat. steve kept on forgetting what he was doing and did half the routines wrong but it was fun!

Its funny to see what other gyms do. Once you have a space in the class and you pay by direct debit, its yours. If you cant make a week, if your on holiday, or get held on at work, as long as you phone and cancel, your space is held for you. the only problem with that is trying to change your routine lol. I'm now off on a Sunday and I cant get a permanent space in the pump class. Who knew a Sunday morning would be so popular! But dont get me started on the fact that they only do a Zumba class on Saturday morning. Whats that all about???

I really enjoyed pump this morning (managed to get a cancellation). I have no idea what release it was, but I think it was a oldish one as I hadnt done any of the tracks before.

the one i go to its first come first serve with the classes....

Yeah mine is first come first served. Once the class is booked up they take a waiting list and are supposed to let you know if a space comes free.

That permanent place system is a new one to me! What if you are a new member and want to do classes but they are all booked up? Do they put on extra classes if there is demand? I'm not sure id like that, although it is frustrating not booking your regular class fast enough and having to miss it!!
xx

its annoying... but i just keep ringing up, pestering them for a place. turn up and just sit there and ask every 5 minutes.... i always get in :D

ive lowered my pump weights, just for 7 weeks to really concentrate on my running training. i dont want to burn my legs out when its my run thats priority now

Yeah mine is first come first served. Once the class is booked up they take a waiting list and are supposed to let you know if a space comes free.

That permanent place system is a new one to me! What if you are a new member and want to do classes but they are all booked up? Do they put on extra classes if there is demand? I'm not sure id like that, although it is frustrating not booking your regular class fast enough and having to miss it!!
xx

The advantage is that once you have a space, thats you. I'd be so hacked off if I couldnt get into one of my classes.

The thing is, its the local authority, so I can go to 7 other gyms within the area. But its a fairly large area and I very rarely venture from my home town lol. I did last week, just to attend an attack class. It was a horrible poky, dingy place. I dont think I'll bother going back! lol

I think because they run so many classes, you can generally get on to one. I think attack can be tricky, as my gym only does 2 classes a week, but does 12 pump classes.

There is a new class starting, but its zumba. They havent changed the classes for ages!!

its annoying... but i just keep ringing up, pestering them for a place. turn up and just sit there and ask every 5 minutes.... i always get in :D

ive lowered my pump weights, just for 7 weeks to really concentrate on my running training. i dont want to burn my legs out when its my run thats priority now

What are you your new goals gina? I'm always nosy about everyones goals lol. Probably because I dont know what to set as my goals...

Does anyone have a track list for the latest COMBAT release? There are a few songs on there that I now love :D even if the tracks are killers.

I was supposed to go to my first combat class tonight but have cancelled as I feel a bit ill :(
I really want to try it but there are only 2 classes a week - one at 7.15 in the evening (I like to be done in the gym, showered and home before 8 if poss!) and then one on a weekend morning - not easy when you work weekends!! xx

What are you your new goals gina? I'm always nosy about everyones goals lol. Probably because I dont know what to set as my goals...

weights wise im pretty happy at my lower body weights. its the upper body weights i want to build up on.... to comfortably do 15kg for biceps/triceps defiantly, at least 20kg for chest weight.... not far off the bicep weight as im up to 12kg currently. hurts like hell though, but worth all the pain :D

Does anyone have a track list for the latest COMBAT release? There are a few songs on there that I now love :D even if the tracks are killers.

Totally Les Mills - BODYCOMBAT
there ya go, all on there :D

tonights attack was a let down :cry: bad instructor, she only told us after track 7 it was a 45 minute class, missed out all the hardest tracks.
its her taking it next week too, i wont be going thats for sure.
another instructor is wanting the temp job for it, emma, shes a really good one though. i hope she gets it :( she pushes you to go further too. nice person too

I did a little vom in my mouth earlier today in body attack!!! Can you tell i've not been to the gym for a week ;)

Feel absolutely great now though!! Must get back into my routine, as soon as I have a break I find it so hard to get the drive to go back to the gym!!

ive had to do that, not nice lol! i wont get to attack until wednesday, theres one tuesday but after last weeks disaster i wont be going to any class that instructor does.

cant wait until the reg instructor is back, long wait until september :(

I really feel for you Gina. If my favourite instructor quit or something I know I'd be gutted too!

On the other hand There's also a girl who stood in for the Monday instructor and she was brilliant, but she doesn't work at our gym - unfortunately!!

roll on september.... lucky she got her job back too. as she is taking 6 monthes off the gym advertised her job as a full time one. she had to go to the interview to get it back. the only one who's classes sell in seconds, are the most popular by far and is always more people sneaking in and she had to get interviewed again to know it was safe for her.

theres some more good ones, dan, the two emma's, lynne and katie. Nicola is useless, Steve.... alright but not the best!
claire is easily the best there though, and dans a close 2nd with his fun camp classes!

weights wise im pretty happy at my lower body weights. its the upper body weights i want to build up on.... to comfortably do 15kg for biceps/triceps defiantly, at least 20kg for chest weight.... not far off the bicep weight as im up to 12kg currently. hurts like hell though, but worth all the pain :D

OMG!!! You are incredible!!! I've only just increased to 3.5kg each side for chest. And I struggle with 2.5kg each side for biceps/triceps/shoulders.

I dont know what I want to set as my goals. I'm very pleased that I have managed to get and hold the side plank in bodypump. I still struggle with the regular plank. I guess I also want to lose some inches as I'm fairly happy with my weight now, I just want to tighten everything up. Any thoughts?

We're doing a good core work out at the mo, you do a press up possition hand on the step and then dip alternate knees to the floor and then move your knee up to be as close to your elbow as you can and then back again. doesn't sound much but you can defo feel it working both you abs and your lower back. you then sit on your step and do V crunches, further out your legs go the more you work you chore. I defo recommend giving it a bash I've noticed a difference in just 3 weeks I just feel more solid when I'm doing core exercises now.

Malibu xx

i hate side plank :( front planks i dont mind but side ones i cant get my balance right!

ooh! back to body pump after about 2 maybe 3 week break of my full weights, managed my full weights without a struggle :) love pump so much.

upper body is now getting better too, not find the weights as hard now. not easy enough to up them yet

I feel the same, not ready to up mine but they are slightly easier, biceps not included !

its taken me a while to find these feeling easier, though it seems to depend on the tracks used.
only the chest track is always hard for me, sometimes back track too....

i certanly cant up my squat weight yet, my legs can take more but lack of upper body strengh means i cant lift more than 25kg over my head yet. now if i had someone to do that for me that;d be great

just thinking, what if i get to my bicep weight goal and still do that weight on chest? surely thats not right. my goal weight to do is 15k, 3kg away from it, and i struggle with 15 on chest weight... confused. why can my arms (biceps, triceps) take the weight but my chest cant?

Last edited:
Back