Les Mills appreciation thread

I do 10 on my biceps, 15 on my chest and struggle with both but imagine I will be able to up my chest to 16 before I up my biceps to 12, I'm sure your chest weight will get easier, my shoulders are where I struggle to up my bar weight, I use less than my warm up for it

katoof said:
I do 10 on my biceps, 15 on my chest and struggle with both but imagine I will be able to up my chest to 16 before I up my biceps to 12, I'm sure your chest weight will get easier, my shoulders are where I struggle to up my bar weight, I use less than my warm up for it

Yeah me too, my poor little shoulders are dead from all the other tracks by the time the shoulder track starts!

i can only do more than warm up weight for shoulders when its upright rows, shoulder presses are a no no!

shoulders dont seem to want to work at the end either, its like they are telling me off for trying to make them work :(

Yeah, my warm up is 9kg but can only manage 7 kg for my shoulders and they are screaming and shaking at that lol

most ive done on shoulders is 12, upright rows feel fine. i drop down to using a 5kg plate for the presses! big difference

Snakes and ladders said:
I can't even do 5 kg each side on the presses - most i've done is 3.5 each side, and I couldn't even finish the track!

Me too!!
My back weight and squat weight are heaviest.
Back: 12K
Squat:17K
I've only been doing pump for a few months though so I suppose that's not bad!
My triceps are PUNY!!!They start to shake almost as soon as I start working them!
I've deffo seen a change in my figure doing pump that cardio never achieved.
I also went up 4 lbs in weight from my original goal of 146 but I'm not so bothered because I look better! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

leah717 said:
I've done attack and pump in the past but I absolutely love combat. Only started doing it a few weeks ago but find it so much fun. It's the first time I've actually enjoyed going to a class. Can't wait for mine tonight :)

I love combat too, and do it four times a week! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

did pump today, eee i love it. im booked onto the saturday class too, normally on a saturday i do attack, comabt and pump but im doing a 10k run instead of attack and combat :) not gonna lose pump though, the run shouldnt take me long, less that the two classes anyway. gives me time to chill out before finishing off my body!

I love combat, but I can't make any of the classes at my gym :(

Did pump yesterday and upped my weights. I'm sore today, but also proud:

Warm-up: 5kg
Squats: 20kg (might up this next, as I've been using this weight for a while... Or maybe just work on better form?)

Chest: 15kg (up from 12)

Tricep: 10kg

Back: 20kg (up from 16)

Bicep: 5kg

Lunges: 20kg

Shoulders: 7kg (up from 5, my shoulders are so weak by the end of the class, what with all the push ups etc!)

I was proud of the back weight especially!

I love combat, but I can't make any of the classes at my gym :(

Did pump yesterday and upped my weights. I'm sore today, but also proud:

Warm-up: 5kg
Squats: 20kg (might up this next, as I've been using this weight for a while... Or maybe just work on better form?)

Chest: 15kg (up from 12)

Tricep: 10kg

Back: 20kg (up from 16)

Bicep: 5kg

Lunges: 20kg

Shoulders: 7kg (up from 5, my shoulders are so weak by the end of the class, what with all the push ups etc!)

I was proud of the back weight especially!

:D it feels good to up them dosent it? i use 20 on the lunges, do your legs shake aswell?! or is that just me.... same on squats. about half way through my legs are actually shaking.
in a good way though, i know im working hard that way. same on my triceps, they shake alot :D

im booked in for pump tommorow, weights seem to go really well with running ive noticed. tommorow is gonna be a 10k or 16k run and pump. depending on how much time i have ill try and do a 16k.... roughly 10 miles.

:D love love love pump! made a few changes to some weights.... ive always felt my chest workout in my arms and was told to up it so it works the chest... seemed odd. i tried it though, made it 17kg and it works, felt alot better, no shoulder or arm ache. horray! i could never do a full track without putting the bar down as my arms were hurting too much from a 15kg weight. still feel it a little in the shoulders so maybe ill try a bit more. not yet though!!!

after the class, i was chatting with the instructor and the subject of the new beachbody les mills pump dvd came up.... the instructors dont like it. no one can correct your technique if theres no instructor. its supposed to burn 1000 cals per dvd too. the original pump dosent even burn that and the weights are much much heavier :S its either 10lb or 5lb plastic pates you get with it. hmmm

Last edited:
God you guys are lifting way more than me lol. I'm really pleased that I'm now lifting 7kg for the chest track. My shoulders/biceps/triceps are all fairly low. I just cant up them from 5kg. I struggle with 5kg as it is :(

Pump class at 11.15. I might stay on for Balance today. I must make a note of my measurements too. I've been meaning to do it for ages.

Back