Les Mills appreciation thread

My back muscles are killing me today though, all that twisting!!

I kind of have a crush on my attack instructor, even though he's not my type at all. Probably just because he's nice to me and remembered my name!!! How ridiculous!!!

Will definitely do combat again, just wish there was an earlier class!!

Glad you enjoyed it! I agree about good looking instructors. The one and only body pump class I accidently went to at 6:45am (I thought it was circuits) had an amazing looking instructor, worked so hard so I didn't look lazy infront of him haha.

Combat was okay last night but not great. Instead of using the current release, or an old release, she just made up her own tracklisting from combinations of releases. Meant it didn't flow properly, and she kept stopping to change the CD :mad:

usually when the insructors do that at our gym, they have it already on one playlist so theres no need to change cd's :S makes it easier for them though with using ipods instead of cd's. the gyms cd player isnt kind to cd's sadly, they all skip on the tracks :/

i went for attack last night, and well it was terrible. that instructor was known for being down right crap, and she hasnt got any better. i walked out of the class, first ever attack class ive walked out of, and made a complaint about it to the manager there. a few others did the same but in written form.
so no attack for me last night.

today made up though, attack and combat double with brilliant instructors!
the one who took combat was rather dishy too.... very dishy! and hes got a nice car.... ;) i seen him drive up in it, im not some wierdo who stalks cars.
i like the car anyway, he has a yellow smart car.

All our instructors are women so male inspiration to try harder lol.

I upped my tricepts to 7kg I was shaking afterwards and still feeling it 2 days later. ouchy pouchy!!!!

only a couple more weeks of this pump release and then its back to squats and lunges I'm really scared. Im just going to have to start light and work my way up or just jump in at the deep end and deal with the pain :S eeek!

gina_b said:
i went for attack last night, and well it was terrible. that instructor was known for being down right crap, and she hasnt got any better. i walked out of the class, first ever attack class ive walked out of, and made a complaint about it to the manager there. a few others did the same but in written form.
so no attack for me last night.

That sounds horrible Gina!!! What happened (or didn't) to make it so bad?
The one and only zumba class I went to I nearly walked out of, the instructor was terrible!!!

I've started doing attack/pump double on a Friday. So good!!

That sounds horrible Gina!!! What happened (or didn't) to make it so bad?
The one and only zumba class I went to I nearly walked out of, the instructor was terrible!!!

I've started doing attack/pump double on a Friday. So good!!

the instructor is very good at zumba, not attack. shes trying to have the tuesday class until the reg instructor is back too.
the cover though, is terrible. she dosent memorize the routines properly, and was doing one track completely wrong (another instructor was taking part in the class too) she said to him "why didnt you tell me it was wrong?"
its her job to know herself!!!
during the agility track she was following another girl, while the rest was doing it right she was going the opposite way and they all literally stepped into each others way. disaster.
stopped the cd after each track, wasting more time than she'd already wasted re starting tracks....

shame really, she shouldnt have been asked to cover it. given more time to practise maybe and not made to cover so soon. shes a nice person, just not good at attack! wouldnt even mind if the days she has to cover it was changed to zumba!

todays pump went good, lowered my back weight to 15kg due to a pulled back muscle, today was a mix up :)

I was at Attack for the first time in weeks on Tuesday. I got carried away and pulled a muscle in the warm up. I had to withdraw from the class :( I managed to do Pump this morning no problem.

I did a step class last wednesday. I really enjoyed it. I havent done step for years. Its a fully booked class tho, so I'll need to be persistent to get into it ;)

My 2nd combat class tonight, got a stand in instructor so hope she's as good as the usual guy!

dont like it when theres a stand in instructor... most of the of them are good though. they will all do different releases too, so variety :)

ive got a stand in on for tommorows combat... i hope its not the one who did it last week. she was good, yes, but did a very old release and it wasnt the best one ever

:D yay!

found out today who is taking the classes until claire is back, and they are all good ones! the manager did say that claire being expirenced in instructing (around 10 years) will be alot better than a newbie (nicola... the crap one) dosent mean that any instructor should be bad though. new or not, if shes trained why cant she do the job right? anyways, nicola isnt doing any of them. pleased!

Pump tonight. I do not like the shoulder track. I'm finding the chest and back tracks difficult too. Hey ho. Have booked in for Combat for the first time on Sunday morning. Felt I should give it a go :)

no classes for me tommorow, got a sport relief run at 12. tempted by the 10am combat class but i dont want to use alot of energy before the run.
done none today either, completely rested apart from walking around town shopping! :D

monday will be a combat day though.... woohoo! (if im not acheing too bad from sunday that is)

I'm a little nervous, my gym is having a sport relief day, classes all say at £2 a class, I'm down for ...

9.00 rpm
10.00 attack
12.00 bodystep
1.00 pump
2 .00 combat
4.00 balance

I can't wait but I'm scared

katoof said:
I'm a little nervous, my gym is having a sport relief day, classes all say at £2 a class, I'm down for ...

9.00 rpm
10.00 attack
12.00 bodystep
1.00 pump
2 .00 combat
4.00 balance

That sounds awesome! Pack plenty of food :)

9.00 rpm
10.00 attack
12.00 bodystep
1.00 pump
2 .00 combat
4.00 balance

:eek: i would love that one! sounds like fun :D

gina_b said:
no classes for me tommorow, got a sport relief run at 12. tempted by the 10am combat class but i dont want to use alot of energy before the run.
done none today either, completely rested apart from walking around town shopping! :D

monday will be a combat day though.... woohoo! (if im not acheing too bad from sunday that is)

Good luck today! X

*grumbles*

not happy.... the second lap was going great until i noticed there wasnt many of the direction signs up, and the stewards let me run in the wrong direction for 15 minutes.... they were taking down the signs already after an hour so i had no idea where i was running to.

my time was terrible. im too ashamed to even say what it was.
i do know i did more than the 6 miles though, just trying to find my way round with NO DIRECTION SIGNS ¬_¬

9.00 rpm
10.00 attack
12.00 bodystep
1.00 pump
2 .00 combat
4.00 balance

Wow! How did you get on? :D

*grumbles*

not happy.... the second lap was going great until i noticed there wasnt many of the direction signs up, and the stewards let me run in the wrong direction for 15 minutes.... they were taking down the signs already after an hour so i had no idea where i was running to.

my time was terrible. im too ashamed to even say what it was.
i do know i did more than the 6 miles though, just trying to find my way round with NO DIRECTION SIGNS ¬_¬

FGS! Thats crap! Was it not supposed to be one mile? Or am I getting confused?

Combat ended up being Attack. I really love Attack. I pushed myself today. I still think 'oh, I'm 16 stone, I cant do that'. Then I remember, I'm not anymore and I should just try to do my best. Did loads of the high options which I normally dont even attempt.

So, I'm booked in for Combat next Sunday. I think I will like it. Step tomorrow. I do like Step :D

Wow! How did you get on? :D

FGS! Thats crap! Was it not supposed to be one mile? Or am I getting confused?

Combat ended up being Attack. I really love Attack. I pushed myself today. I still think 'oh, I'm 16 stone, I cant do that'. Then I remember, I'm not anymore and I should just try to do my best. Did loads of the high options which I normally dont even attempt.

So, I'm booked in for Combat next Sunday. I think I will like it. Step tomorrow. I do like Step :D

i signed up for the 6 mile, i did those 6 miles plus more with getting lost and having to find the correct route :(

on a plus note, combat was fun tonight! amanda (instrucor) is so heavily pregnant she cant do many of the moves now, caught her eyeing up my creme eggs lol... had to give her one! :p was a good mix tonight, all quite recent stuff but good fun. gonna miss her class when she goes on maternity!
got myself booked in for wednesdays attacka nd combat, horray!

OK Gina, I have to ask, how come you had cream eggs in Combat???

I need to rethink my routine. Went to Step tonight, but my calves are screaming. I think I'm too old for Step :( Will see how I get on with Combat and hopefully will be able to slot some more classes.

Back