Les Mills appreciation thread

i have something like that for a little energy boost between classes :) i had spinning before combat....
same on saturday morning, i have a little bag of dried fruits or sometimes a naughty treat in between my tripple classes :p

could be worse! a guy who does the classes eats packets of jelly cubes during the class and before it!

OMG talk about DOMs I still can't walk after tuesdays pump class, they've reintroduced the leg tracks and it came as a bit of a shock!!!!

eeeee new launches tommorow at 9am! some songs i like i there too.... ozzy, shinedown.... YAY!

today was attack, the last day of mixing them up. dan did a fun class, all the cheesey tracks :D i love the cheese!

ow.

new launches today....
havent done a pump class in two weeks and im feeling it now. my arms are feeling like lead, shoulders, back, legs.... all sore. i didnt lower my weights from my old ones.
when it came to the squat track was told to make it four times as heavy as the warm up too.... couldnt lift 40kg over my head. setled for 25! might try 30 tommorow...
800 reps in the new pump too according to the instructors (had 3 doing pump).... no wonder im sore.

love the new ones! :D awesome music too.....
not many stayed for all 3 classes, only about 3 of us and one instructor did all 3 :) got some free bottles of water too, the manager came in with crates of water for us :D woohoo freebies

i have something like that for a little energy boost between classes :) i had spinning before combat....
same on saturday morning, i have a little bag of dried fruits or sometimes a naughty treat in between my tripple classes :p

could be worse! a guy who does the classes eats packets of jelly cubes during the class and before it!

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Brilliant!

Well I had my first Combat class this morning. It was OK, difficult to judge on the first session. I think I will like it, but I prefer Attack.

Legs, bums and tums this morning (my only non Les Mills class) followed by Balance. I havent done balance for ages and struggled with parts of it.

Does anyone use myfitnessspal to track their eating/excercise? I'm really surprised that the Les Mills classes arent automatically in the database. Unless I'm being really thick?

Debbi8489 said:
Legs, bums and tums this morning (my only non Les Mills class) followed by Balance. I havent done balance for ages and struggled with parts of it.

Does anyone use myfitnessspal to track their eating/excercise? I'm really surprised that the Les Mills classes arent automatically in the database. Unless I'm being really thick?

I use MFP, and I use my heart rate monitor to estimate a burn. It's probably not in the database because it varies so much depending on your effort? But I guess that's also the case for other activities, hm...

Does anyone else do balance? I've tried it before but I'm so unco-ordinated and I just found it frustraiting. Just wondered if its one of those things that you get to grips with over time or whether you need to have some sort of handle on it to begin with otherwise your just destined to fail.

Balance always seems to be after pump so I would think it would help stretch out what you've just worked and help you recover quicker. Coz lord knows I need to I just ache all week begining to end.

Malibu xx

Does anyone else do balance? I've tried it before but I'm so unco-ordinated and I just found it frustraiting. Just wondered if its one of those things that you get to grips with over time or whether you need to have some sort of handle on it to begin with otherwise your just destined to fail.

Balance always seems to be after pump so I would think it would help stretch out what you've just worked and help you recover quicker. Coz lord knows I need to I just ache all week begining to end.

Malibu xx

only done it once, but it was really nice and relaxing :) great class.

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Brilliant!

Well I had my first Combat class this morning. It was OK, difficult to judge on the first session. I think I will like it, but I prefer Attack.

i dont like the new attack much, it will grow on me....

love the new combat and pump, not sure about the skipping bit in attack, nor the tennis shuffle? feel a bit silly doing it lol

I use MFP, and I use my heart rate monitor to estimate a burn. It's probably not in the database because it varies so much depending on your effort? But I guess that's also the case for other activities, hm...

Yep, that's what I thought...it doesnt really make sense. That reminds me, Gina was talking about using a heart rate monitor and I was thinking about getting one. I may need to speak nicely to OH ;)

Malibu xx

I do Balance and I think it gets easier. Its seems like a good idea to have Balance after another class. I do mine straight after the Legs, Bums & Tums.

love the new combat and pump, not sure about the skipping bit in attack, nor the tennis shuffle? feel a bit silly doing it lol

I always feel silly in Attack...maybe thats why I like it so much? lol

Claire - I have no idea what Combat release I did. Because it seems that Attack/Pump/Combat share tracks, I never remember them :)

could have been the new one, 51?

Not a clue Gina...could have been anything lol.

Any Idea what release I'm doing in pump? its full of Lady Gaga, The lunges are little pulsey ones and then you do pulsing squats in it, its torture, my calf muscle just cramps and I have to walk it off before I have do the next track.

Malibu xx

this is the combat track listing, the new pump 81 isnt on it yet fr some reason :S
Totally Les Mills - BODYPUMP

today was attack and combat, love love love the new combat! the tracks are awesome.... the disturbed track "another way to die" being my fave... bark at the moon my next fave :D

Last edited:
Also, Pump Queens...is there a rule regarding weights on your bar if you're still a relative newcomer to Pump? I've only been about 5 times and i still don't have any clue on what weights I should have. Especially if they say "squat track should be 1-2 x heavier than warm up weight".

PS I'm going to miss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg_VCaNIrtA this track was my favourite track in Combat 50!

theres no set weight you should use really, its all down to your limit and what you can do.

in the new pump 81 the instructors told us to load the bar up 4 - 5 times as much as warm up weight for the squat track, i cant lift 4 or 5 times as much as warm up!
the new one is really tough on me, i love it. when i start muttering swear words under my breathe during a track when it burns that much i know its a good un!

most people that go the pump classes im in use between 10 - 25kg on the squats, a few use 30 or 40 but only one or two

Did Pump 81 today - OMG it's a killer!! I'm really quite weak so had minute weights on my bar (less than 5kg) and my arms were wobbling all over the shop for the tricep track!! I can really feel the burn though and the triceps are what I am most looking to tone (bloody bingo wings!). I am going to keep it light until my arms aren't shaking with weakness before I even consider upping the weight - I just feel like such a wimp when a lot smaller framed people are hoiking big heavy weights!!

Back