Les Mills appreciation thread

81 is a toughie.... the tracks dont seem as long yet with not many breaks they are just as hard! i like the bicep track :)

tripple attack, combat and pump today. acheing legs from the attack, ended with heavy leg workouts in pump means i have sore legs now!

dont feel like a wimp, the others have proably been doing pump for a long time. we all started off with smaller weights remember!

Looking forward to trying the new combat on Thurs. I really don't want Body Balance to change though, I love the music on the current release too much!

body pump today! this release hurts so much more than last.... ouch.

Also, Pump Queens...is there a rule regarding weights on your bar if you're still a relative newcomer to Pump? I've only been about 5 times and i still don't have any clue on what weights I should have. Especially if they say "squat track should be 1-2 x heavier than warm up weight".

PS I'm going to miss You're The Feeling (Exclusive Hardcore Nation Mix) - Heaven 7 vs Al Storm - YouTube this track was my favourite track in Combat 50!

I think I started off with 2.5kgs for warm up, chest, back. Went down to 2kgs for triceps, biceps and shoulders. Upped to 5kgs for squats and lunges. I'm now up to 3.5kgs for warm up and chest. 6kgs for back, 10kgs for squats and lunges. I've only managed to increase to 2.5kg for triceps and biceps. And I use 2kg hand held weights for shoulders. I find that my upper body strength is fairly poor, compared with what I can manage for my squats/back. Interestly though, we must be a fairly puny class. There was only one man in the class that was lifting more than me for squats!

hmm....

did pump yesterday... put my usual squat weight on and i have no difficulties picking it up normally. could barely get the bar up and over though for some reason.yet when it was on my shoulders it felt fine, like it was too light :S
i wasnt feeling so well yesterday but didnt think it would affect me that bad :( maybe pump wasnt the best thing that day, went dizzy at one point during squats and lucky i wasnt passing out with the bar on my shoulders :( booooooo stupid illness.

That doesnt sound good Gina. Its not good when you want to do something, but your body isnt able to. I felt like that last week.

Well, 2nd time at Combat this morning. I'm liking this class. I was struggling a bit, as I pulled a calf muscle on Wednesday at Step, but I enjoyed it. I've booked in to do the Wednesday class as well. Does anyone else find the chest track in this release tricky or is it just me?? I really struggle with it.

Just done the new Attack release today. Really enjoyed it, although mainly because I think I was getting bored of the last release!
Didn't like the running track, and the abs track is a bit rubbish with all the planky bits, but I liked the leg power track.xx

That doesnt sound good Gina. Its not good when you want to do something, but your body isnt able to. I felt like that last week.

Well, 2nd time at Combat this morning. I'm liking this class. I was struggling a bit, as I pulled a calf muscle on Wednesday at Step, but I enjoyed it. I've booked in to do the Wednesday class as well. Does anyone else find the chest track in this release tricky or is it just me?? I really struggle with it.

im doing pump today, determined to get back to the usual weight. i havent dropped it for a long time, and i could lift it fine on thursday. i can take up to 50kg on my legs, een said dont judge that with pump but ive played a pump track on my ipod, and done the routine that goes with it. it was tough but i managed, legs were shaking that much i couldnt walk proper for a few minutes an all... frustrating i lack the upper body strengh to support the weight i can do :(

im doing pump today, determined to get back to the usual weight. i havent dropped it for a long time, and i could lift it fine on thursday. i can take up to 50kg on my legs, een said dont judge that with pump but ive played a pump track on my ipod, and done the routine that goes with it. it was tough but i managed, legs were shaking that much i couldnt walk proper for a few minutes an all... frustrating i lack the upper body strengh to support the weight i can do :(

Can you lift the 50kgs onto your shoulders? I dont think I could...in fact, I know I couldnt! I'm doing 20kgs at the moment for squats and I think it would be a struggle to lift anything heavier. In one class, I was struggling to lift the 20kgs for the lunges and one of the guys in the class lifted them for me. Thats a good thing about Pump, I think. There are loads of guys in the class (mostly they come with their wives/partners), so there's also someone who can lift for me :)

Bums and tums this morning, followed by Balance. Getting a bit bored with this Balance release...feel like we've been doing it for years lol.

Debbi8489 said:
Can you lift the 50kgs onto your shoulders? I dont think I could...in fact, I know I couldnt! I'm doing 20kgs at the moment for squats and I think it would be a struggle to lift anything heavier. In one class, I was struggling to lift the 20kgs for the lunges and one of the guys in the class lifted them for me. Thats a good thing about Pump, I think. There are loads of guys in the class (mostly they come with their wives/partners), so there's also someone who can lift for me :)

Bums and tums this morning, followed by Balance. Getting a bit bored with this Balance release...feel like we've been doing it for years lol.

I squat 50kg, but I can't lift it over my shoulders, so I use the squat rack! In pump I do 20-30, but that's the limit for what I can get up onto my shoulders!

I squat 50kg, but I can't lift it over my shoulders, so I use the squat rack! In pump I do 20-30, but that's the limit for what I can get up onto my shoulders!

same, i cant lift more than 25kg over my shoulders yet it dosent feel heavy on my legs.

ooh attack today, starting to like it.....

Combat tonight for me. I'm hoping I'll get more used to the moves this evening :)

attack and combat double :D

didnt do thr new attac, did 75 :) love 75 more than 76

exiting! doing the alternative bicep track next week in pump :D i love the current one though

attack and combat double :D

didnt do thr new attac, did 75 :) love 75 more than 76

OMG! You are a complete machine, woman!

I did OK at combat last night...struggling with some of the kicks, but I'll master it! Not great at Attack tonight. I've pulled something in my calf and had to retire from the class. Boo!!

:( retirement is sad times..... very sad.

tonight was the new attack class.... with a newish instuctor. shes quite good yay! had to switch to low impact during both attack and combat after it, my knee kept going numb then normal, numb then normal... really wierd. feels fine now :S

ooh body step is good isnt it?! did it today and i love it :)

I havent done BodyStep and I dont plan to find a class to give it a go ;) Again, I had to retire permanently from Step. Its just too harsh on my calves lol.

I've missed a few classes this week due to being completely knackered! However, I managed Attack last night and Pump tonight. I'm working all weekend, so I'll miss Combat and Pump on Sunday morning. I might find a Pump class at another centre on Sunday evening :)

Bodystep is fab my favorite class, I do it four times a week

its not offically on at the gym i go to, but the insteuctor gets the dvd's anyway, thnk she does step somewhere else....
its only on sunday morning once a week :(

Back