Les Mills appreciation thread

and me... today was 7.45 so not bad

Good news - my gym has started an extra body combat class at 5pm on Thursdays :) this means not only can i actually do combat again, but also do a class on a Thursday! Brilliant!

lucky! im going to have to drop two attack, and two pump classes. priority is my half marathon training and my run days are tues, thurs and saturday. still wont be missing much on saturdays, instead of 3 classes ill do two and drop attack. only until october though.

How's your half marathon training coming along Gina? I'm sure you're doing great!
Have you done the new attack release yet? We did some of it today, it's ridiculous!!! Even the warm up is harder!!

It was my first class with the new instructor too, she is good but will take some getting used to, she has 3 levels - low, high, hers!!! Eek! She's also a bodybuilder and looks incredible. Makes me want to start actual training!!

its the new stuff on saturday, heard alot about attack though. track 4 makes you feel sick from what i heard!
pump dosent really vary that much ive noticed, combats supposed to be good too. get to do step aeorobics aka body step too :D yay

trainings going great!

Track 4 is horrid yes!! Our new instructor has added in all kinds of extras like burpees too, absolute killer!
Did new pump today, not really keen on a lot of the tracks, and some of the tempo changes in the back track are v random.

did all three today, how hard is attack! felt sick afetr that one, had combat then pump after it though. quite like combat, good music. pumps all the same to me, it dosent vary that much but still enjoyed it. was fun today, had a few laughs about the instructor being called mr grey (50 shadeds of grey book.....) and he made me do all press ups on my toes for all three classes.
the instructor that left to have a baby came to visit, little baby with her! little cutie ^_^ joshua loved all the attention he was getting from all the ladies

How's your half marathon training coming along Gina? I'm sure you're doing great!
Have you done the new attack release yet? We did some of it today, it's ridiculous!!! Even the warm up is harder!!

It was my first class with the new instructor too, she is good but will take some getting used to, she has 3 levels - low, high, hers!!! Eek! She's also a bodybuilder and looks incredible. Makes me want to start actual training!!

I thought it was just me struggling as I'm not long back from my holidays!! lol

its the new stuff on saturday, heard alot about attack though. track 4 makes you feel sick from what i heard!
pump dosent really vary that much ive noticed, combats supposed to be good too. get to do step aeorobics aka body step too :D yay
trainings going great!

Loving the new combat "I'm sexy and I know it" I've really got into combat and wished I'd started it sooner.

I thought it was just me struggling as I'm not long back from my holidays!! lol

Loving the new combat "I'm sexy and I know it" I've really got into combat and wished I'd started it sooner.

i couldnt keep a serious face during that track....

on the "wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah" part, the instructor did a bum wiggle. every time. could not be serious at all.....

Last edited:
i couldnt keep a serious face during that track....

on the "wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah" part, the instructor did a bum wiggle. every time. could not be serious at all.....

None of the instructors do it, but they encourage us to do it. The only one that did it was another instructor who was in the class and she was laughing away lol.

the new body step is good too, so hard. then agin i find step hard anyway, but that one is defo tough

I'm too old for Step, gina. I dont usually say that, but in this case, I'm prepared to make an exception lol.

Combat yesterday and again on Wednesday. We have just got a puppy, so I'll be around the house a bit more, rather than at the gym every night ;)

ooh a puppy! *squeals* id love a puppy! never too old, the instructor that does step is 50 in a week and still makes it fun! shes got more energy than anyone ive seen

quite like the combat track bring me to life, i love that combats using the rock music more now. it fits in so much better, whereas attack is more dancey music, combat is definatly great with the rock sound

I must admit i used to gym 3 times a week following a weights/cardio programme and since i've been doing les mills for about 6 months now i absolutely love it and wouldn't go back into the gym. Prefer combat to pump but on average do about 3 combats a week and pump. Mind you as had a few days off this week managed combat in the morning and then another in the evening. (Count 5 this week) Probably too keen or ocd!!!!!

I'm always surprised as to how few men actually do les mills. Probably few more doing pump. I'll have a go at most classes and the only one i have retreated after 45 mins was zumba being the only bloke in a group of 50 women with twinkly wrap around skirts!!!! When it was time to wiggle ones butt i was mortified.. lol :giveup:

shaun

I must admit i used to gym 3 times a week following a weights/cardio programme and since i've been doing les mills for about 6 months now i absolutely love it and wouldn't go back into the gym. Prefer combat to pump but on average do about 3 combats a week and pump. Mind you as had a few days off this week managed combat in the morning and then another in the evening. (Count 5 this week) Probably too keen or ocd!!!!!

I'm always surprised as to how few men actually do les mills. Probably few more doing pump. I'll have a go at most classes and the only one i have retreated after 45 mins was zumba being the only bloke in a group of 50 women with twinkly wrap around skirts!!!! When it was time to wiggle ones butt i was mortified.. lol :giveup:

shaun

theres a few blokes at the gym i go to doing the classes, an average pump class about half are men and combat/attack around 3 guys?
alot of men do think that classes are the easy workouts though for some reason

some of the best instructors ive known are male, exception for one that is!

theres a few blokes at the gym i go to doing the classes, an average pump class about half are men and combat/attack around 3 guys?
alot of men do think that classes are the easy workouts though for some reason

some of the best instructors ive known are male, exception for one that is!

Gina_b

How do you find attack compared to combat. There's another gym that does attack which I am contemplating on just doing that class whilst carrying on combat at usual gym.

Just done combat tonight, cracking class instructor has everyone singing along. We must have been heard through the whole club. Lol

its alot harder i find, more energetic.... its a great workout though.
ill always love combat and pump more than attack!

There's more men go to Pump at my gym. Lots of couples, actually. Only a couple of guys go to Combat and none to Attack. I dont know why its like that. I think you need to be quite co-ordinated for Attack. I usually make a mess of it at some point lol.

Puppy is sooooooo cute. Love him to bits :)

Back