Les Mills appreciation thread

had 5 men in attack last night :) 3 were new to it and 2 regulars.

Bizarre!! Maybe we scare the men off ha ha.

Combat and Pump this morning. I cant tell you enough how much I'm loving Combat. Unfortunately, my gym only does 3 classes a week and one of those is Friday morning when I'm working. I need to source some more classes, I think. I'm absolutely knackered as I'm back on the VLCD again. I think puppy and I will snooze in front of the tv this afternoon and then go for a nice long walk once the weather clears up a bit. I'm sick of the weather, forgotten what the sun looks like!!

Bizarre!! Maybe we scare the men off ha ha.

Combat and Pump this morning. I cant tell you enough how much I'm loving Combat. Unfortunately, my gym only does 3 classes a week and one of those is Friday morning when I'm working. I need to source some more classes, I think. I'm absolutely knackered as I'm back on the VLCD again. I think puppy and I will snooze in front of the tv this afternoon and then go for a nice long walk once the weather clears up a bit. I'm sick of the weather, forgotten what the sun looks like!!

i see a few of the women doing double the weight men use ;)
was alot of guys in pump tonight actually, id say about 3/4 were guys.
ive not done pump for 8 days, my god it hurt. the faces i was pulling got a comment off dan the instructor. couldnt hide at the back like i usually do either, someone had got there before, i couldnt go put my step there as i was in spinning before it!
i like lurking at the back but i keep being told to go on front row!

First attack class yesterday afternoon. Only 7 people booked in with 3 blokes in total there. Good class and cant believe how my legs were starting to really ache on about track 3. Must admit a lot quicker than combat or seemed to be as had a little trouble with some of the moves etc. But enjoyed it!!!!

i see a few of the women doing double the weight men use ;)
was alot of guys in pump tonight actually, id say about 3/4 were guys.
ive not done pump for 8 days, my god it hurt. the faces i was pulling got a comment off dan the instructor. couldnt hide at the back like i usually do either, someone had got there before, i couldnt go put my step there as i was in spinning before it!
i like lurking at the back but i keep being told to go on front row!

Yup, that's me ;) I had to ask a man to lift my squat weight up for me as I just cant lift them up anymore. I got a row from the teacher. Apparently, if I cant lift it myself, then I shouldnt be squatting it! lol

First attack class yesterday afternoon. Only 7 people booked in with 3 blokes in total there. Good class and cant believe how my legs were starting to really ache on about track 3. Must admit a lot quicker than combat or seemed to be as had a little trouble with some of the moves etc. But enjoyed it!!!!

I think this release is really hard going on the calves, more so than previous ones. I'm not keen on the bounce, bounce, bounce track.

I'm not working late tomorrow night like I usually do, so I'll try to book into the Attack class. Its a very popular class, so I might not get in. I'm hoping that with it being our school holidays, a few people will be away. Fingers crossed :)

i love the bounce bounce boucne track :D so much fun!

triceps are so sore from yesterdays pump.
double attack was very hard tonight, love the new release though

Quite unusual experience the other day doing combat at another gym. Every punch and kick people are making a noise!!! For instance on a move with two uppercuts and cross. The left hand side of the class would make a noise each for the uppercuts whilst the right hand side would then make a noise for the cross. This was continuous throughout the class and waves of this noise moving around the studio. Sometimes it was quite offputting, but never experienced a class like it!!!!

i accidently make a noise sometimes but never on purpose! how odd...

tonights combat was great, going to miss emma when she has to give the class back to claire. its originally claires class, but emma's covering until shes back (early september/late august) but at the same time ill be happy that claires back!

Last edited:
I did hear the instructor saying that if you make noises you burn more calories. Personally i put some much into combat that i wouldn't have the breath or energy to keep making ooh aah noises with each punch or leg. The only noises in our class we make are singing along to the na na na na track and on crazy train where the instructor has us doing the "chooh chooh" .... supposedly a train whistle..... Good fun!!!!

I did hear the instructor saying that if you make noises you burn more calories. Personally i put some much into combat that i wouldn't have the breath or energy to keep making ooh aah noises with each punch or leg. The only noises in our class we make are singing along to the na na na na track and on crazy train where the instructor has us doing the "chooh chooh" .... supposedly a train whistle..... Good fun!!!!

what release are you doing? just curious as thats from combat 49 and were up to 52 now!

Sorry probably confused things but we are doing 52 with crazy train. The track i refer to is track 5 where we're made to sing along.

It was scorching last night doing combat don't think the air conditioning could cope!!!

ah now i understand! in my gym the air con fails, cd player is dodgy! need a new cd player despratly

eek exited! tommorw is the 80's special body attack. 1 1/2 hour tripple peak class :D

Sounds fantastic!!!! Didn't realise they done specials??? Unfortunately gyms around me only do the hour classes but would just love to do a special class!!

it was great fun, mostly 80's tracks :D fun, cheesy music!
not often we do any special classes but if we do all the money payed goes to charity.
the gym has a sports event every year too, the events just been announced and you have to do 3 events off a list. i picked double body attack and 10k run, could have gone for combat instead of a run but thats just a regualr saturday morning so it dosent challenge enough, ive never ran after doing two classes before. this will hurt! looking forward to it though.
body pump and combat done today, woohoo! starting to love pump more and more. was a very busy class tonight, 40 people. dont usually get that many, 30 max? wasnt many plates or bars left either

Does anyone know when the new releases are due? Getting very bored of the latest ones, even if some instructors do mix it up a bit!x

a few weeks i think! new attack is good from what ive heard!

however the new combat has a bit of a dodgy song choice.
cher lloyd swagger jagger anyone? routine is supposed to be ace, its just the song that not many people like

I tend not to do combat so much so that's ok!
Hated the U2 track in the latest attack, and the les mis cool down in pump :-s
I did however love the tricep track - felt like I was in a music video all doing dips in time together!!

the pump cooldown was awful..... :( and i hate U2

whats intersting to me is the very first combat, the warm up track is celine dion my heart will go on! wonder what that was like.... youtube hasnt come up with it

Back