Les Mills appreciation thread

theres a few of those barbies that go to classes i go to aswell, espeically in pump. the monday night in particular..... i dont see the attraction in steve but without fail theres always the same barbie who stands directly in front of him, wearing a low cut top or just a sport bra and skimpy shorts. face full of make up and smells like a perfume shop exploded over her!
i cant stand behind her or i get a face full of ass when she squats

:p theres a few barbies at this gym.... they dont even break a sweat.

I never know any of the songs used lol. I thought Swagger Jagger was JLo's Get On The Floor, as those are the only lyrics that I heard for the first couple of times. Quite liking this new Combat release, but its very fast. Havent done the new Pump yet as I've been skiving, bad!!

I must admit I haven't done pump for a few weeks now.. Probably wrong but I don't feel like I get the same workout as you do in combat.. Yes new release is fast and before you know it it's over. Gina_b? What is the sizing like on venum shorts do they come up big? Just want to be sure as I can see me looking a British holidaymaker with 3/4 lengths on. Lol

id say the size comes up true to size. they should have waist measurements on the site so go by that.
i get the Xsmall but even that one has a waist size bigger than my own..... i cant find the XXsmall in ones i like :(

on the the body pump topic, i dont get the same workout from anything cardio but i like the burning sensation i get from pump.... especially lunges. i get major burning legs from that.... the weight i use dosent help it much using 20kg!
did some pump on thursday, and the instructor said mid track that im not using enough weight on my warm up bar, it was my normal weight too, but its very very easy.... i go super easy on the warm up and pile the weights on for the rest of it. i dont actually go back to the warm up weight for anything else....

I believe with pump that you continue to burn calories after the class? So I average 500 cals or so in Combat and Attack, but only 350ish in Pump. But the trainer said that you continue to burn cals after class which you dont get with the other two.

Oh I dream of the day I could get into a medium!! Ordered some off amazon tonight so I'll see how ridiculous I look lol

i dont know many men who are thin enough to get in anything smaller than a medium and thats including the male instructors!

ooh which ones did you order?

thats what i heard too debbie, my burn rate is really high and if i continue to burn after im not gonna complain! i like that pump gives me the muscle definition that cardio cant too.

I opted for the jaws version in the end. Trying to keep it plain!

I know in the past re calories and fat burning that gyms used to promote that you keep between 60-70% of your max heart rate to burn the most calories. But then we you exercise at a lot higher intensity you continue to burn calories afterwards for longer.

I know I tried exercising at 70% and I might as well have been asleep. About a month ago I started wearing a heart rate monitor with chest strap and for combat burnt about 650 calories. But then this jumped up by 100 more when they changed routine be it mix and match or new routine.

With pump I was burning about 500 from what I remember. Yes agreed it does give you muscle shape but I find squats irritate my back a bit.

If I could do combat every night then I would be a happy bunny.

I'm doing new attack and pump this afternoon yay!! Excited, but I know I'll be absolutely struggling, always do with new releases, as you're working your body differently. Plus only 5 mins between classes! May skip the warm down in attack to set up for pump and take a breather!!

I opted for the jaws version in the end. Trying to keep it plain!

I know in the past re calories and fat burning that gyms used to promote that you keep between 60-70% of your max heart rate to burn the most calories. But then we you exercise at a lot higher intensity you continue to burn calories afterwards for longer.

I know I tried exercising at 70% and I might as well have been asleep. About a month ago I started wearing a heart rate monitor with chest strap and for combat burnt about 650 calories. But then this jumped up by 100 more when they changed routine be it mix and match or new routine.

With pump I was burning about 500 from what I remember. Yes agreed it does give you muscle shape but I find squats irritate my back a bit.

If I could do combat every night then I would be a happy bunny.

id be ahppy doing combat everynight if it wasnt the same instructor, as much as i love the instructors after doing the same class for 3 days id get bored. done that before, done the same combat class the friday, saturday and sunday and even though its a a great class and instructor ive been bored after the 2nd day of doing it again. i like to have a mix!

Miss.S said:
I'm doing new attack and pump this afternoon yay!! Excited, but I know I'll be absolutely struggling, always do with new releases, as you're working your body differently. Plus only 5 mins between classes! May skip the warm down in attack to set up for pump and take a breather!!

Enjoy the classes!

the only ones i find really change alot of attack and combat, pump dosent really have much change in it

Loving the new releases!! Salt n pepa, Bon jovi, savage garden?! Totally taking me back and I was singing along loads!!
Liking the agility and power tracks in attack, and the leg/plyo track too, though haven't heard the full release as my tues class is only 45min.

Pump, am loving the back track with all the power and clean and press, and of course the squats to Bon jovi, again only a 45 min class so not heard the full release yet.

I don't tend to do combat so much - either the classes are too late for me, or earlier are dead quiet and also I'm kind of wussy when my arms start hurting!!

Hope you guys are all loving them too!

bon jovi? :D i LOVE bon jovi!

gina_b said:
bon jovi? :D i LOVE bon jovi!

Bon Jovi rule!!

Oh hang on, I just realised it's Bryan Adams!! Doh! They do both begin with 'B'...!! Oops! Too excited that I liked it to get my music straight!! Ha ha!!

I also remembered the bicep track in pump is a Pink song :( much preferred the rocky/metally track in the previous release.

Kind of on a related note, Gina, you like rock/metal music don't you?
A friend of mine up here in Leeds has started a class called Aerockbics, which is aerobics but to songs like Queen, Green Day, Pantera, Pixies etc, its so cool, I wish everyone could come to it!

She's even teaching a class of 'zombies' at Leeds Light Night this Friday! Awesome!!

that sounds brilliant...... i do prefer my rock music!

hmm which pink song is it? i also like pink. my music is varied

Back