Les Mills appreciation thread

im sure that summer of 69 has been a squat track before.... :S then again it probs has. sweet child o mine was in 2 releases both chest tracks

checked the playlists, and it was already done as a squat track on pump 71.

sweet child o mine was in 78 and and 37 too, both chest tracks! thought i recognised it, ive done as far back as release 54

I'm really not a fan of pink, try to zone out during her tracks!!

It's amazing with all the music in the world they have to re-use tracks, but then I suppose not all have the right tempo etc, and then they'd need to clear licensing issues etc.
I wish they'd put Poison back in attack though, we had a stand in instructor once who used a proper old school mix and it was ace!!x

thats waht its like in attack in gym i go to, whenever claire mixes it up she used the really old stuff in both combat and attack. shes been doing both for about 10 years now, so has all the old ones. think earliest shes done in combat is release 12

YES! nayone can be converted given the right release!

tonight was attack and combat double, i love wednesday doubles

Unfortunately the gyms round here don't do much attack and as for doubles my idea of heaven but again only choice is tues night with pump andthen combat which I can only do on a day off. I'm surprised doing so many les mills classes you haven't gone down the route of instructor?

im happy taking part, i doubt id be as good as the current instructors and my memory is really bad.
if i did choose to try though, id go for pump. easy enough to remember it and theres nothing too complex

Grrrr, went to Combat tonight but it ended up being Attack! Seeing as I hadnt done an Attack class for weeks, I wasnt very impressed. They just dont seem to have the cover for Combat, but they do for Pump and Attack. Not impressed *sulks*

Grrrr, went to Combat tonight but it ended up being Attack! Seeing as I hadnt done an Attack class for weeks, I wasnt very impressed. They just dont seem to have the cover for Combat, but they do for Pump and Attack. Not impressed *sulks*

total opposite at gym i go to, they dont have many covers for attack so they replace it with combat every so often. i love both so im not fussed either way

Just had combat with new instructor rob. Really nice guy came over and talked to each of us. Involved the class really well. Mix and match with few new release. Good class.

its always nice when instructors are getitng to know the members!

one of my attack and pump instructors has just qualified for combat :) zumba too! hes a great instructor, always a busy class if Dan covers it.

So I tried Bokwa this morning! It was really good, despite the sound system being awful - must put a suggestion in at the gym about that!
I think I picked it up quite well, can see after a couple of classes you could string some moves together and really go for it!!

I was going to be tough and do attack after too, but it got cancelled :( boo!!

its the 4th annual fitness event tommorow, double attack and combat :D

it was great! :D
156 people turned up for this one, last year it was only 96.

Hey guys, if you have one of the 20 JJB stores near you that have had all the remaining stock shipped to them, it's definitely worth a look!

Everything's half price, I just got some running leggings, a top and a good sports bra, all branded, for less than £40!!

You have to rifle through the rails to find the good stuff, and then queue for a while to pay, but if you like the brands it's a good opportunity!

Can't wait to get my new gear on tomorrow - attack then pump is my Tuesday eve sorted!!x

the JJB near me is shut already, i went to buy some cheap stuff but shuutters are down.

its the combat launch tommorow.... tempted to go to that instead of attack

I loved the new attack even more the 2nd time, the power track is my favourite!

Also a new class has been put on Thursday mornings, I don't normally gym Thursdays as the classes are rubbish, but I get every 3rd Thursday off, and now I can do attack/pump in the mornings :)

I'm moving house soon from Leeds to Nottingham and have been checking out the gyms. Made the huge mistake of comparing the timetables of my gym with the same chain down there - their timetable is incredible!!! But it's too far from where I'll be living to join *cry*

Back