Les Mills appreciation thread

I've also been skiving pump and on saturday instructor noticed that the woman next to me had the same weight on for the biceps track and pointed it out. i'm not very good on biceps and like a fool went slightly heavier. Ouch Next time i will do what i want and take no notice of others lol. There's another guy in there and he just keeps talking about himself and how much weight he's lifting. "Bore"..

Good class though and new release thursday night...

I've also been skiving pump and on saturday instructor noticed that the woman next to me had the same weight on for the biceps track and pointed it out. i'm not very good on biceps and like a fool went slightly heavier. Ouch Next time i will do what i want and take no notice of others lol. There's another guy in there and he just keeps talking about himself and how much weight he's lifting. "Bore"..

Good class though and new release thursday night...

did the instructor not think that maybe she might have been doing pump for a long time and could do a heavier weigth? ive been doing pump for a while now and its taken me ages to work up to what i do, guys from the gym try and it and use a heavier weight straight away. dont take notice if they comment on it, its your workout afterall. what you do on the bar wont affect them in anyway!
what was the weight, im nosey now...?

In all fairness i think the instructor was having a bit of a joke but did feel a bit that people were watching.

For the weights I always take it easy on the squats as can aggravate back but have 10kg either end. Biceps the most until sat was 6.25 each end but went to 7.5.

Now the back track with the clean and jerks I can pile the weight on for some reason and have more than squat weight so have 12.5 kg each end. The only problem is when you have heavy weight on its a job grasping it when you're using overhand grip.

To be honest I generally don't compare to others but do smile to myself when they have too much weight and their form suffers. Ie on biceps you see some of them swinging their arms etc whilst mine are tight against my body.

i see alot of people swinging during biceps..... one does it every time even though shes told not to. half the time she looks like shes going to injure herself. evcery instructor has tried to correct her, but she dosent actually listen !

well you do more than me :p

i only have that much free time beucase of the work time i finish, and i dont have any children so i am free to spend all my spare time doing what i like really! i hate being cooped up indoors so id sooner do something after work

Good combat class last night. I can usually tell by how much I slip in my own sweat yuk.

Also realised after losing 10lbs weight last few weeks that its easier.

i did no les mills tonight, but zumba.

I'm craving a class so much, not been since last Thursday due to work commitments, double attack/pump tomorrow, can't wait!!

Then I'll do Bokwa and attack Saturday, also need to look for a new gym for when we move house in a month! :)

I chuckled to myself last night in pump! It was the first time pump had been held at the gym as brand new leisure centre and the class was packed. Quite a few of the young lads in, you know the ones you see in the gym doing weights and looking in the mirror all the time. Anyway whilst pump was underway I could see them behind me in the mirrors and the look on their faces. They looked shocked and horrified and didn't have much weight on (wise). I think the best track was the bicep track when I could see them bright faces and huffing and puffing through clenched teeth. Lol

Bet they're not there next week!

attack tonight :D
wasnt the regular instructor, the clutch snapped on her car so she couldnt make it, the cover was good though. cant belive im acheing from zumba..... my legs are killing me today. serves me right for thinking zumba is easy i suppose....

i miss my saturday attack, combat and pump :(

not long until the runs are over i suppose.... still miss the classes

Am I right in thinking you've a half marathon to do? I was booked in for the great eastern one last weekend but I get so worked up about races that I make myself bad. Must be taking me back to school days or something. So for now maybe the odd park run on a sat morn.

Pump and spinning this morning. That bloody squat track on pump hurts!

yeah my first ever running half marathon, ive walked them before but never ran it in a race! i keep having days where i feel i cant do it, im going to be the slowest runner there and that the full marathon runners will finish before me, its the reason why im doing them thas keeping me going though. doing it for aimee and nothing gonna stop me. its a week today, eek!

Looking forward to a charity fitness day that's being organised for Saturday. £5 a ticket and I'm doing attack followed by spinning, followed by combat.

There is Zumba after but might draw the line there.

ooh that sounds brill!

was tempted to do a double attack tonight, it took me over double the usual time just to go to the shop walking, so think attacks a no no today!

Fitness charity day today.

Started off with attack followed by spinning and then combat. Must have been 60 - 70 woman and 5 blokes in attack and combat. Spinning obviously limited by bikes

I can honestly say that attack is the work of the devil. Lol. ****** almighty!

Then when you expect the normal combat release she mixes it up. Knackered or what!

attack may be the devils work, but its so brilliant!

Back