Les Mills appreciation thread

I quite liked the lunge track (that's saying something). With the weights at your side it's easier to keep form as the weights pull you down vertical.

Love combat as well. They seemed on this release to destroy your shoulders!

ooh... i like the sound of the new combat.

i dont like lunges.... they hurt too much!
did pump today, the air con is broke and the floor had to be wiped but was still slippy.

does the new combat start th "what dosent kill you makes you stronger"? if so did part of it today, up until paradise city. did two old ones then did abs and cool down to body balance!

Yes that's the one and I think the 2nd track is the knee knee kick, evasive side kick and push kick.

One good thing is no lunges in this one.

Also the music generally seems a lot quicker.

How did you get on with the abs track? Not the most ladylike of positions! I found it awkward first time but second time around could actually twist through properly.

yeah i liked that then!
:D

the body balance abs? bit wierd at first....

the bicep track is amazing.... i love it. just wish my hands were bigger to grip the 5kg plates

I can manage the 5kg plates and great track that seems to never stop.

Have got pump and combat tomorrow night. Mon night the instructor tried blagging the release and did admit he hadn't had time to learn it. Bit of a disaster especially on the shoulder track which he started the presses far too early which resulted in doing about 35 of them.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow night but then a different instructor sat am who has learnt it properly.

On another note done combat again and for the 2nd time on the abs track pulled my hamstring trying to do the Brazilian ju jitsu part with the knees/legs. I just cannot do it. Think I'm as flexible as a brick!

booked in for body pump tommorow, yay!
doing a 13 mile run before it so i know ill be in pain already

are there alternative tracks in pump?
the launch yesterday was different from the other "new" pump. used a bar in both lunges and biceps, the chest track different also

are there alternative tracks in pump?
the launch yesterday was different from the other "new" pump. used a bar in both lunges and biceps, the chest track different also

I know with the biceps you have the option of using plates or bar. Depending on instructor! With the plates there is a hammer curl and bicep plate curl mixture of full and half.

With the lunges track again you can use bar or with lunges hold plates at side and with squats you hold the plates up near you shoulders.

I have the choreography book if you pm me your email!

back home from combat :) ooh i love it.

i overheard the pump instructor saying she dosent like using hand weights for biceps... maybe thats why they wernt used.

Yes i especially love track 2 on combat where you can let loose the agression!!!

I've done both versions of pump and must admit the bicep track with the plates alone i prefer as you haven't got any opportunity to start swinging a bar etc. Also i find the lunges easier with the 5kg weight either side. I've never really been brilliant at the squat and lunge track.

im not a fan of lunges, i hate them.
i do love squats though. might see if the instructor minds if i use the plates instead for biceps, i prefer it too. i like the hammer curls!

new launches are coming soon :D

Back