Les Mills appreciation thread

4hrs combatathon done! So amazing, fab instructors and a brill cause :)

shoulders and arms are so stiff today. can also feel it on my calves badly!

ouch.

just back from spinning and body combat now, used some of the same tracks and they were the ones that really hurt.
only 5 out of everyone who took part showed up in todays class!

owwwwww.

done both afternoon and morning launches of attack, combat and pump.

have to say attack is insanely hard, the plyo track. squat burpee tuck jump combo is an absolute killer.
as for combat, scorpion press ups and plank! love them, they bloody hurt.
pump.... well that chest track. keep your squat weight on for that- trust me. don't lower it!!!
and the ab track, you really love that plate ;)

owwwwww.

done both afternoon and morning launches of attack, combat and pump.

have to say attack is insanely hard, the plyo track. squat burpee tuck jump combo is an absolute killer.
as for combat, scorpion press ups and plank! love them, they bloody hurt.
pump.... well that chest track. keep your squat weight on for that- trust me. don't lower it!!!
and the ab track, you really love that plate ;)

I'm scared!! Had a month off and went back today for old combat and that nearly killed me! New class starts next week. New balance and pump tomorrow after work....

Pump will hurt.
Never done 22kg for a cheat weight but I did on Sunday. Bloody hurts.
It's worth it, there's an alternative track though that uses just the bar and no plates..... So that all depends on what your gym uses.
I'm sure if it's don Oliver plates there's no hand grip to do the move proper.
Prepare for DOM's

Pump will hurt.
Never done 22kg for a cheat weight but I did on Sunday. Bloody hurts.
It's worth it, there's an alternative track though that uses just the bar and no plates..... So that all depends on what your gym uses.
I'm sure if it's don Oliver plates there's no hand grip to do the move proper.
Prepare for DOM's

My god, I'm barely past 10kgs!!! Did pump this morning, loved the new routine but not sure about the tracks :-s We used kettlebells for the chest flies, it was too difficult to hold the bigger plates.
Must admit I'm a little tender tonight, dreading getting up in the morning lol.
What's DOMs?

that is the DOM'S ;) delayed onset muscle soreness.

I have to use 2.5 plates for the flies, I can grip the 5's but it puts pressure on my thumbs and they are agony with them!
couldn't use 22kg for the entire track, just the last part with the bar is enough.

I don't take the days off if im sore after, just go easy and do low impact or go for a jog to ease any stiffness in my muscles. it does help, at the time my body is screaming at me for it.

the dog walk was enough if you was taking it easy.
I might go to a body attack class the day after but I don't do high impact in it if im sore.
still do attempt the squat, burpee and tuck jump though. my attack instructor is fab, if I am being lazy and don't do my burpee's she shouts at me :p

attack is the best :D

I love the new combat! Definitely stick with it :)

About to do the new attack for the first time! I'm roasting already, so this will not be pretty!!

Back