Les Mills appreciation thread

beachbody do a pump and combat dvd I think, but you cant buy the official release ones (unless your sneaky and go on ebay.... I own combat 50 and attack 73!)
they go for stupid prices sometimes, but if your lucky you can get the last bid and its only gone up to £20.

whenever I can!

did pump this morning before work, not used to the 5am wake up so now im really tired :(

question..... the 45 minute format class, dosent include biceps and triceps does it?

whenever I can!

did pump this morning before work, not used to the 5am wake up so now im really tired :(

question..... the 45 minute format class, dosent include biceps and triceps does it?

Yeah, much to my annoyance it tends to (I'm terrible with both sets- can manage 20kg on legs, 10-12kg on back, 8-10 on chest but barely 5 on arms!!) They do shuffle the tracks to suit the instructor so it differs slightly which is great as I can't always get to the same one because of shift pattern. Am going to try this week and see as I've not been for 3 days and have only managed 1 pump session but can do fri (55) and sat (40) sessions.

Hmm. This '45' minute class didn't cut any out.....

Really disheartened tonight, had to really push myself to get to gym tonight only to find the Instructor was 'bored' with the latest release and did her own thing!! I reckon she forgot her cd! Just wasn't what I was geared up for and have to say my motivation and enthusiasm got very lost! Having a bit if a weight loss breakdown lately so it's not taking much to make excuses. :'-(

:(
Sounds bad! Is she your regular instructor too?

Which gym do you go to Baileygirl? Just spotted your location. OH is from Huyton and I've never found anywhere nearby that does Combat or Pump at the weekend.

Thanks for that Baileygirl. Looks like you need to have a monthly membership and that isnt any good to me. I need somewhere that I can just dip in and out off :)

Was meant to be back at Combat last night, but surprise, surprise, the instructor cancelled yet again and no replacement. I will need to write a complaint letter at the weekend. Getting really fed up with this.

Thanks for that Baileygirl. Looks like you need to have a monthly membership and that isnt any good to me. I need somewhere that I can just dip in and out off :)

Was meant to be back at Combat last night, but surprise, surprise, the instructor cancelled yet again and no replacement. I will need to write a complaint letter at the weekend. Getting really fed up with this.

Oh how frustrating!!
Yes, Hearts is monthly membership. I'm not sure of anywhere that does pay per class session locally, sorry x

Where are you from!? We have two gym places here one you have to have membership but the other you can just do the classes and they are fab!
I'm in Cambridgeshire!

There's a lot of local instructors in and around Preston so if any instructors can't make it then there's always cover, but some arnt... Good.
Did attack today, bloody hard. Still doing latest release but no ones getting bored of it yet and it's still so hard. Loved tonight's class though, it's fab :)

Where are you from!? We have two gym places here one you have to have membership but the other you can just do the classes and they are fab!
I'm in Cambridgeshire!

I'm just outside Edinburgh and I'm a member of the local authority gym. As well as offering packages, they do drop in too. I'm looking for somewhere around Liverpool as we go there quite regularly, but no joy in finding a 'pay as you go' type gym. We also go to Penrith regularly, and I can pay and go there.

There's a lot of local instructors in and around Preston so if any instructors can't make it then there's always cover, but some arnt... Good.
Did attack today, bloody hard. Still doing latest release but no ones getting bored of it yet and it's still so hard. Loved tonight's class though, it's fab :)

The problem here is that the local authority changed the terms and conditions for the instructors. Since then, more than half of them walked out and there is absolutely no cover whatsoever. So I'll need to complain.

Havent done Attack for ages. My poor knees certainly couldnt cope. However, trying for Combat tomorrow. Fingers crossed the instructor isnt on holiday lol.

Hi I have been reading your posts and I thought I'd say hello. I'm a big Les Mills fan too. At the minute I have been doing Body Combat (which I love) & I have been doing the GRIT classes too. I attend the gym 5 times a week. My weekly schedule currently runs like this:

Monday GRIT cardio
Tuesday Body Combat
Wednesday GRIT Plyo
Thursday GRIT Strength
Friday Rest day
Saturday GRIT Strength
Sunday Rest day

I used to do body pump but to be honest I didn't enjoy it. I find the GRIT strength classes more to my liking because it has cardio in it too.

The gym I go to doesn't offer body attack but if they did I'd love to give it a go

I have never done Body Balance either. Is it like yoga?

I used to do body balance but the instructor now just isn't my cup of tea...
It's like a fusion of yoga, Pilates and tai chi.
It's nice when you have a great instructor!
Tried GRIT for first time last week.... Ouch!!!!! It's hard!

Really disheartened tonight, had to really push myself to get to gym tonight only to find the Instructor was 'bored' with the latest release and did her own thing!! I reckon she forgot her cd! Just wasn't what I was geared up for and have to say my motivation and enthusiasm got very lost! Having a bit if a weight loss breakdown lately so it's not taking much to make excuses. :'-(

Try to stay motivated, just got to say to yourself you CAN do it and sorry about that- annoying instructors!! X

Back