ProPoints Less skinny jeans, more lumpy sausages!

So pleased as just updated my stats and realised I now have less than a stone to lose!

Feels much more achievable now I have seen that. Am aiming for another 2lb for next Thursday. It's important I stay realistic as it will take a while to come off because its that last stone, plus I am better when I can still allow my little treats. That's why I love WW! Where else could I have a creme egg and a pizza all within your daily allowance?

Well today has gone well so far:

Breakfast:

Melba toast (2pp)
Laughing cow (1pp)

Lunch:
Warburtons roll (4pp)
Chs and onion s/wch filler (2pp)

Dinner:
Tbc about 10pp

Snacks
Creme egg (5pp)
Rice cakes and philly (1pp)

Leaves me 1pp plus 3 aps and 49 weeklies.

Need to plan something nice to do with my weeklies this weekend!

Well I blew all my weeklies and APs at the weekend (which was always the intention) However I don't feel like I got the best value out of them really, I used a big chunk of them last night for a kebab but would have much preferred a nice roast dinner if I am honest, and I feel a bit like I cheated all weekend even though I tracked everything and it was all within my weeklies.

I will stay super on track til WI on Thursday and suppose I will find out then if I have done any damage.

I did manage to go power walking last night for 45 mins, and will be doing Zumba tonight. Hoping all this exercise pays off.

I really really want to be down 2 solid lbs on Thursday so fingers crossed!!

Well I blew all my weeklies and APs at the weekend (which was always the intention) However I don't feel like I got the best value out of them really, I used a big chunk of them last night for a kebab but would have much preferred a nice roast dinner if I am honest, and I feel a bit like I cheated all weekend even though I tracked everything and it was all within my weeklies.

I will stay super on track til WI on Thursday and suppose I will find out then if I have done any damage.

I did manage to go power walking last night for 45 mins, and will be doing Zumba tonight. Hoping all this exercise pays off.

I really really want to be down 2 solid lbs on Thursday so fingers crossed!!

fingers crossed :)

Okay so the weigh in wasn't good. I got a STS. I can live with this and making adjustments this week by not eating my ap's.

Stayed on plan, and have some nice meals planned for next week so I am hopeful of a loss this week!

The weekend is nearly over and it looks like I have got out the other side with 24 weeklies left and all my ap's. Happy with that.

I haven't mentioned before I don't think, but I also gave up smoking and drinking on 1st January. The drinking is just for January, but the smoking is hopefully forever. This has made the whole dieting thing in one way more difficult because of the extra pressure of all three together, and in another way it has been easier because I have been more focused, after a few glasses of wine all self control goes out the window!. Plus I haven't used any points for alcohol so there has been more available for other treats.

Really hoping I can stay on track and see a good result on Thursday!

So looking forward to my dinner!

Today so far:

Breakfast

Melba toast x 6 (2PP)
Laughing cow x 2 (1PP)

Lunch:

Brocolli Stilton Soup (HM) (3PP)
Lots of fruit

Dinner:

Homemade burger in a bun and chips (11PP)
Yum Yum Yum!!

Zumba tonight too so will probably have a little snack before then my burger after. Will see xx

Well I may only be cheating myself but I ended up actually weighing myself Friday last week, so am putting off Official WI til tomorrow as I didn't like what I saw this morning!

Just 3/4 lb off which seems very unfair. I have had a couple of lapses but nothing serious. Previously I would have lost loads on what I ate. I have also upped my exercise from once a week to 3 times!!

Anyway, hoping for a better result tomorrow.

Will stick with it in any case as I know weightwatchers does work in the long run!

Oh Happy Days!!

Glad I changed my WI to Friday, same as I did last week. I made it a permanent change in my app as well. Down to 10st 6 1/4lb. Happier with this loss.

I definitely feel the exercise if toning me up as well. I can feel it all over.

Tonight I am planning on venison with red wine sauce and mashed potato. Venison is very low in PP and delicious!!

Back on the wine tomorrow, so will either be a good thing or a bad thing. I seem to lose better when I use my weeklies for wine, but all self control goes out the window! So swings and roundabouts!

Planning pizza night at my friends. I make the bases using dough from my breadmaker, so I roll them out really thin and can point them easily. Its usually around 15PP for a pizza with all the toppings I love. Will be lots of points used on wine though as well!

Firstly, well done on your weight loss so far!

Your story echoes with me... I got to goal - 11st 4lbs down to 9st 11lbs - from Jan 2012 to July 2012 (and even lost a few more pounds still!) Then got complacent, went back to old habits and continued gaining but staying around 10st/10st 7lbs.... Managed, through pro points, to continue losing weight again in fortnightly spurts every so often (the most recent being half a stone 3 weeks leading up to xmas). However, at 9st 12lbs currently, I still feel a bit "wobbly" and think it's now or never to lose it for good! Think I could lose another 12lbs to get me to 9st (i'm 5'3'') and I will try following the Filling & Healthy plan. However if that doesn't work (as I have a soft spot for all things carbs!) then back to pro points for me.

Will be following your diary - good luck to you :D

Hi BugsBunny, welcome and thanks for your post.

Yes your story sounds very similar to mine, I avoided dieting altogether for years and now I find myself yo-yoing all the time. I really want to create healthy habits!

I have upped my exercise a lot which I hope will give me more breathing space to eat what I like.

This weekend I have just written off all my weeklies. I have had a mcdonalds, lots of wine, chocolate, pizza (homemade so not too bad) and thoroughly enjoyed it all.

Now back on plan and tracking and am confident I can do another loss on Friday. I do miss the big losses I got when I first started. Now I am quite close to my goal weight everything seems to happen to slowly!

I spent some time yesterday making tomato and mascarpone soup. It's truly delicious and here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1kg tomatoes (nice and ripe)
1 large onion roughly chopped
1 large carrot diced
garlic clove crushed x 2
herbs
600ml chicken stock
150g mascarpone

Recipe total 10PP
Serves 4

Chop the tomatoes. I used a mix of plum, cheery and vine. You need to chop them roughly and remove as many of the pips as possible. I just scoop them out of the big ones, and squeeze them out of the little ones. Don't worry about getting them all out.

Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and season well. Roast in the oven for around 30 minutes.

Next gently fry the onion and carrot in a large pan for 10 mins. I use frylight to fry everything. Add a couple of crushed cloves of garlic and some herbs to your taste. I used thyme.

Once tomatoes are roasted gently peel off and discard the skins from as much as possible.

Add the tomatoes and any juices from the tray to the pan along with around 600ml of chicken stock (made with a stock cube) As well as a tbsp. of tomato puree.

Bring to the boil and leave for 10 mins.

Then add around 150g of lighter mascarpone (available from asda or Tesco)

Blitz with a stock blender.

Absolutely rich and gorgeous soup for 3pp.

Yum yum yum...

u do the same as me lol i tend to write my weeklies off for fri/sat for alcohol take aways etc...but then get back on the wagon sunday with my roast n healthy meals ready for a loss on fri! lol

Yep Shez that's exactly what I do. When I take the time to point everything I am usually not too far out anyway. It has always worked quite well for me.

Zumba was exhausting last night and I am a bit achey, but debating about going for a swim tonight. While I am out of the house I can't be snacking!

Food today:

Melba toast x 6 (2PP)
Laughing cow x 2 (1PP)

Lunch:

Tomato and Mascarpone Soup (3PP)
WW Yogurt (1PP)

Dinner

Planning on a chicken salad and jacket potato which will come in around 11PP allowing for parmesan and dressing.

Snacks

Crème egg (5PP) of course!!

Few points to play with. Will either beef up my dinner or have a snack after swimming.

So hoping for 2lb off this Friday, but it may be wishful thinking as scales saying 10st 6 still at the minute!

Vicky

Hi Skyvicky - subscribing well done on your weight loss so far! I'm following your diet as I'm doing WW too so like to pick fellow WW dieters brains oh and my name is Nicola and I'm a creme egg addict !!

Hi Nicola

Welcome to pick my brains anytime (best of luck though!)

Ended up swapping my jacket potato for curly fries...now have 4 spares burning a hole in my pocket. What to use them on??

Well I am well into Space Raiders at the minute. The multi pack ones are only 2PP or 3PP for 2 packs. I just had one though.

Today is going to be tricky tricky tricky as I have a work meeting from 12 til 2pm (with lunch provided) This is my worst nightmare as I just love a buffet, and find them impossible to leave alone! When I go to kids birthday parties I have to actually allocate points for all the stolen sausage rolls and sandwiches!

I have a plan though. Got my big flask of soup which I will have before I go, and hopefully this will take the edge off and give me some damage limitation.

Had another naughty sneaky look at the scales and now seeing a loss so don't want to lose it before weigh in!

Back