Let me pick your brain!

ma.bo

Right...

I am exactly 1 week in, I have kept to Exante Total Solution for the whole week. I am in Ketosis - mildly. But I am still VERY hungry.

My body is slipping very far into ketosis like it did on the Cambridge Diet.

Any reasoning for this? I know Exante has 4 to 8g more Carbs in per day compared to the recommended 4 packs on Cambridge.

Any advise? or thoughts?

Black coffee isn't counted as part of your water intake, try upping it to 4 per day on water alone :)

I thought Tea and Coffee were included?

I thought Tea and Coffee were included?

They are included.

If you were drinking Tea, Coffee + 4 litres of water you risk overloading your body... Which can potentially be life threatening!

This is bad advise. Please refer to medical guidance and the Exante handbook before handing out advise like this.

Drink around 2-3 litres of still or sparkling water per day.
Black tea or coffee also count towards your fluid target.
Tablet sweetners can be used if required.
Quote from the Exante handbook.

Last edited:
andyfofo said:
Black coffee isn't counted as part of your water intake, try upping it to 4 per day on water alone :)

Sorry I have to disagree. Don't know why you think that but it IS counted

4 litres per day PLUS tea and coffee is MUCH more than Exante recommend. Exante recommend around 2.5 litres a day so even 4 litres in total is on the high end. 4 litres PLUS other drinks could be bordering on downright dangerous

Easily 3 litres a day. Between water and black coffee, however mostly water.

Thats an absolutely perfect amount to be having :)

Last edited:
its most certainly not dangerous especially spread out over a day, "water intoxication" doesn't occur at that level, you'd need far higher at least 6+ litres at a bare minimum since healthy kidneys can process 1 litre of water per hour :) medical guidelines say people on a normal diet should ideally drink 1-2 litres a day, the excess in exante is to replace water lost from food ( which yes actually do contain water) :)

But in answer to the other question tea and coffee DO count

Exante at no time say you need anything like 4 litres of water on top of other fluids you're drinking. If they say 2 - 3 including coffee and tea is the correct amount then that's the best advice to be giving.

If you're able and happy to drink between 4 and 6 litres if water good on you I know I sure as heck couldn't and I personally don't think telling someone to drink 4 litres PLUS tea etc is correct advice when Exante advise otherwise

its most certainly not dangerous especially spread out over a day, "water intoxication" doesn't occur at that level, you'd need far higher at least 6+ litres at a bare minimum since healthy kidneys can process 1 litre of water per hour :) medical guidelines say people on a normal diet should ideally drink 1-2 litres a day, the excess in exante is to replace water lost from food ( which yes actually do contain water) :)

You are making an assumption that everyone is the same, see NICE guidelines for further clarification.

I used the word "Potentially" for a reason.

Back