LET THE BATTE COMMENCE!!!

Zenloola

I WILL fit my clothes!
Ok guys!

I've been a lurker on here for a while and NOW - Now after having 2 weeks of illness (tonsillitus & chest infection & a cold hehe) and therefore 2 weeks of eating CRAP I am going to start my blardy food diary!

No more will I spin in my vicious circle (well I probably will but instead of having a blog that I don't share with anyone I'm going to put one here! On the off chance that I can get a bit of motivation and butt kicking from other slimmers!)

I NEEEEEEED to lose weight as I am unhealthy and my knees and back are buckling under the weight of me... However I am an emotional eater, a depressed eater, a MASSIVE LOVER of tasty foods and someone who for some reason never feels sick when foods are too rich! Most people I know have to stop once they have had too much blue cheese - me well I could eat a whole block and then go on to eat a giant galaxy.

EVEN THOUGH I know what the healthy choices are I still go 'sod it' a lot and then eat until there's no food left in the house! I have my second weigh in on thurs - I know I've gained because I missed a week and sneakily weighed myself. I believe the 4lbs from the week before has reappeared. But one day! One day my dears I will be slender and as such able to wear my lovely sisters clothes (which are all very beautiful and expensive but about 10 sizes too small) - she has kindly offered this to me as an incentive. However since the age of 10 I have been the size of a moose so never took advantage of it before...

One day though. One day I will!

Things I NEEEEEEEED to do:

• Plan my food/meals for the week & make/prepare for the day ahead
  • Stock up on free/low fat goodies
  • EAT MORE FRUIT!!!!!!!!! (I have it in all the time but it just never appeals! need to make exciting fruity concoctions!)
  • Drink more water!!!!
  • make my own FREE versions of old favourites (I'm a SUCKER for hummus, curry and mousakka and pesto!!!)
  • Stay out of the sweetie cupboard!! (My OH constantly has a cupboard full of goodies that his mum supplies him with - I'm thinking about bolting it!)
  • Think up/ find out alternatives for things in my favourite recipes! EG instead of mayo use low fat fromage frais.... Any other tips guys???

Today I have had a filter coffee with skimmed milk & 1 sugar (NEEEEEED to buy sweetener instead!)
For lunch I will have roast chicken w pasta, sweetcorn & fromage frais (all in the fridge)
Tea will be something with rice...

Tomorrow I will go to weigh in and then do my weekly big shop! I think after meeting is prob best time EVER to do the shopping!

WISH ME LUCK! I WISH IT TO YOUUUUUU

Ok kids decided that THESE are things I'm going to make myself track...

These are all the things that will help me become the super slender, happy bunny that I deserve to be! Not only you see do I need to lose weight but I also need to kick depressions an us too! And become more motivated AND get more stuff done!

What I've ate:
breaky - ​giant orange & coffee
lunch - 2 slices WM ww bread toasted (HEB) with toms, red onion & quark & cathedral city mixed together (heA) - just got idea from the SW website - says it turns into a MASSIVE amount of free cheese spread! I'm going to use it to make carbonara for tea!!
tea - slimming world pasta carbonara (eggs, lean bacon, red onions, fat free fromage frais, rest of quark & cathedral city, lean chicken)
snacks - pear, tangerine
5 portions of F + V?? - YEA
HEa - Yep
HEb - Yep
syns - 1.5 (milk in coffee)
Amount of water type things - Pint sugar free OJ squash, big glass water, herbal tea
exercise - NONE :(
meditation – as above - but maybe before bed???
alcohol/caffeine/fags/other bad stuff - Filter coffee
Plan for tomorrow – SW weigh in, clean the house, walk the dog, get my Phd Application nearly finished!
Did I achieve plan for today?? – didnt set one... officially not editing this post again now :)

The carbonara was WELL GOOD and I could hardly believe it was free because it was SOOOOO creamy!! now IM STUFFED!!!!

Last edited:
YEYYYYYYYYYY even after 2 weeks of munching blue cheese and white bread I managed to still lose half a pound!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! SO now I'm determined to see what I can dooo this week! my group leader lady has set us a challenge - how many different super speed foods can we eat AND we've to record them all. I guess I'll have to go have a look exactly WHAT food IS super speed... have to dig the book out I think!

weigh in today and food's been a bit sporadic as got a call about some work tomorrow so had to pack up and get on the move... so without further adooo

What I've ate:
breaky - ​skipped - oops I was late for meeting, 1 coffee with skim milk and sweetner then 2 alpen light bars (HEb) - quite disappointed with them actually!
lunch - Tin of mackerel in tomato sauce (GOD I LOVE THIS!!)
tea - 2 slices ww Wm bread (toasted) with quark, wafer thin chicken slices & a small tin of beans - I'd forgot I already had my HEb and nearly KICKED myself when I realised half way though!
snacks - tangerine, 2x muller light yogs (vanilla & toffee)
5 portions of F + V?? - nope :S - bought LOADS just didnt eat it!
HEa - nope
HEb - Yep times 2 - maybe I could have none tomorrow but 2 A's instead?? ?? ?
syns - 1.5 (milk in coffee) 6 - bread if not as a double HEb??
Amount of water type things - 2l diet lemonade - REALLY should try drinking actual water eh!
exercise - scrubbed the house from top to bottom! now my back is sore :S
meditation – nope! but will try before bed!
alcohol/caffeine/fags/other bad stuff - instant coffee
Plan for tomorrow – walk the hound, work at the gallery 10-4 WALK THERE AND BACK!! do uni stuff in the eve PLEASE!!!!
Did I achieve plan for today?? – 2 out of 4 aint bad eh! I cleaned the house but didnt walk the hound because he had already been walked and it went dark! Didnt even look at the phd thing and it has to be in on tuesday! TUT TUT TUT!

what to eat tomorrows... today has been a WIERD day for food and I know its because it was unplanned so:

breaky - melon & yogurt
lunch - ham & cheese salad (toms, lettuce etc etc), fruits
tea - chicken quark pasta thing (that carbonara was GOOOOD!)
snacks - yogs n fruits... & MAYBE a low fat chocolate milk shake! YEY!

well last night after posting I had a belgian chocolate options hot chocolate drink & some dark chocolate easter egg... not loads but I did have some... like a quarter of a side or something. Ah well. Today I've just made lunch, am eating the yogs n melon & testing alpro hazelnut drink in my coffee (1 and 1/2 syns for 100ml) & I added some fruisana sugar so Im guessing another syn? it isnt pleasant... far too strong coffee flavour and well nothing like a hazelnu latte from starbucks put it that way haha! but one can pretend eh! I will walk the hound after work. I didnt sleep last night until 6am and woke up at 7.30. amazing being an insomniac with restlessleg syndrome haha. Need to get some antihistamines for the itch today and use my rescue remedy nighttime!!!! see you kids later XX good luck today everyone!!!

btw - activia 0% fat yogs are actually very nice - Im a total foody so normally HATE diet/low fat foods! xx

Nom... Gu lemon cheesecake 16 syns.... But no other syns today!! Well apart from some hazelnut milk!

I ate everything I was going to eat today! Fruit, salad, lean meats x water!!! He a- cheese heb - none - I had 2 yesterday!

Excersize - I walked briskly for an hour
Plan for tomorrow - go to work and FINALLY DO PHD THING!!

My feet are Killing!!!! But am gona walk there and back again! And I walked the pooch! Wooo Now though I'm DEAD!! In front of tv! Maybe I'll have a hex b for a snack x

Hi, hope you dont mind me having a nosey at your diary, i like the sound of the carbonara, will have to try that one week, although, i really dont like the quark! xxx

try it - its good BUT BEWARE! dont overcook the sauce - just warm it through - otherwise it goes like scrambled eggs - lke mine did last night :S! and looks Very unpleasant. You can make it with 0% fat fromage frais though instead of quark.. I like the quark though Ive a feeling soon I will hate it coz I'm eating it loads. :) Thanks for stopping by too!

now... after posting I ate loads of stuff... so here is my ACTual food diary thing...

What I've ate:
breaky - pack of mixed melon & activia yogurt
lunch - lettuce with wafer thin chicken & quark wrapped inside, choc orange muller light, carrot sticks n quark, tangerine, bit of cheese - WAS STUFFED!
tea - tried to make carbonara sauce again with chicken thighs and panchetta... didnt eat much because it looked like an egg omelette - not pleasant and put me off haha with linguini pasta (my fave) with onions and garlic & grated cheese (left from hea)
snacks - an alpen light bar, a NAKD choc bar (6 syns) & quite a lot of sainsburys oriental chilli snack mix - at least 11 syns AND a Gu lemon cheese cake (16 syns)
5 portions of F + V?? - yes! the nakd bar counts as one portion, melon - 1, onions & garlic 1, tangerine 1 and carrots & lettuce WOO
HEa - yea - white reduced fat cheddar!
HEb - think I just had half coz 1 aplen bar...
syns - 1.5 (milk in coffee), pancetta - 3, 6, 11, 16 - 37.5 OUCH!!!!!! ok be good today:S
Amount of water type things - 500ml bottle water, 250ml water, coffee (dont count as caffeine), glass of sugary juice (OH NO IM DRINKNG IT NOW TOO TOTALLY FORGOT CORDIAL HAS TO BE SUGAR FREE!!!) - need to drink more water!
exercise - WALKED the pooch and 1 hr brisk walk (to work and back)
meditation – nope! but will try before bed!
alcohol/caffeine/fags/other bad stuff - instant coffee
Plan for tomorrow – walk the hound, work at the gallery 10-4 WALK back (oh dropping me off today) DO UNI STUFF!!!!!!!
Did I achieve plan for today?? I did 2 out of 3 again... humm maybe 3 out of 3 today eh!!!

and today is here!!!! I've had cheese on toast (heA+B) thin ham, a coffee & half pack melon! Lunch is prepared and tea will be SYN FREE!!! wish me LUCK! x x x

Welcome to the SW diary section! Hope you didn't mind me popping in to say hello!

You're doing really well, keep it up! x

Oh bloody ell!! Tea was syn free! Fruit and then a lentil and carrot curry I'd made a while ago - pinged out the freezer! But then.... After a full day of arm excersizes (felt making) and then starting that phd app (yey!!!) I needed a chocolate hit! So I had 2 alone lights (6) a nakd choc bar (6) and an options hot choc - 3 maybe?? So 15ish maybe a few more coz of hazelnut milk (which alone is very nice!!) ah well at least am not just stuffing a giant milka daim bar down my neck eh!! X x x

ooooh yeah i will try it with fromage frais instead, i tried the quark with a highlights sachet in it and some strawberries and it was ok-ish! :rolleyes: I actually have an allergy to milk but what is hazlenut milk? dont worry about going over syns the other day, i went over today, chinese...oooops, but im slowly learning that its about getting straight back on it and not letting it derail me for an entire week that matters! have a great easter sunday xxx

It's milk made from hazelnuts! Alpro make it! It's called hazelnut drink - alone its yum! Gona have it with porridge later and I'll let u know if it's a success x

ok sunday is here! This thread is actually very good for my 'food diary' sheets from my consultant - which Im useless at filling in - and feel like a twerp taking them to work etc with me haha.

OK here is todays... I didnt plan yesterday AGAIN so I'll be left in a pickle but gona go sainos before work. I hope its open.

What I've ate:
breaky - cambridge diet maple and pecan porridge (YUK!!!!!) My mum is following it and keeps raving on about the packets so has given me a load. Dude - let me tell you dont even bother. it tastes like GARBAGE and now I feel a bit nauseous. lovely!
lunch - I have carrot sticks, cucumber sticks (hopefully buy some LF hummus - 3 syns), muller yog and 2 tangerines.
tea - Got to actually make something tonight because that curry I had last night was disgusting and the egg disaster the day before... however I'm working and I'm busy this eve so will hopefully stay on the wagon. got some pasta in - maybe I'll just make a quick tom sauce and have cheese on top?
snacks - dunno as yet! wish I would actually eat fruit. maybe once the alpens and nakd bars are all gone I will!

5 portions of F + V?? lunch should cover 4 hopefully
HEa - maybe cheese
HEb - that rancid porridge
syns - hummus 3 probably a nakd bar 6
Amount of water type things - LETS DRINK LOTS!!!
exercise - WALKED the pooch and 1 hr brisk walk (to work and back)
meditation – nope! nNEEEED to do this!
alcohol/caffeine/fags/other bad stuff - Yesterday at work I had a filter coffee with milk actually (will need to record that!)
Plan for tomorrow – walk the hound, work at the gallery 10-4 WALK back (oh dropping me off today) DO UNI STUFF!!!!!!! - same as today!
Did I achieve plan for today?? YEAAAAAAAA - well yesterday. I always muddle things around unfortunately for you guys :) stay with me though - the encouragement is GOOOOOOD x

Well... Tea was 4 slices of wm bread with reduced fat cheddar and a chocolate shake - from the Cambridge diet plan. Once again guys DON'T BOTHER! It was FOUL!! And had no resemblance to chocolate at all. Who u kidding hehe.

Not as good as it could have been BUT it was not a KFC or maccies or take out curry - which it would have been pre slimming world!

The phd app is complete!! Well just have to do the references tomorrow. And dude I am SERIOUSLY ACHING ALL OVER from felt making! I had a nice foot soak earlier though and on weds day night when I finish work (I freelance so it's off and on) I'm going to have a gloriously hot bubble bath for hours!!! Woooo!!!! Hope everyone else is doing great!! X

Tightened up my application, walked to work n back, didn't walk the pooch coz my feeeeeeeet are aching!! Had 2 alpen lights with a yog for breaky. Fruit n salad for lunch... Then a nakd bar (6) 3 slices of brown toast with butter and a cup soup... Ooo ops and now am having a hot chocolate . Arrrrr well at least I'm counting and excersizing x :)

Ok - been MEGA busy past few days so I havent been doing this proper - just a quick message from my phone so here goes!

What I've ate:
breaky - coffee with milk and 2 sugars... (2 syns) 2 crumpets with loads of butter... (6.5 syns EACH) butter (3.5 syns) = 17 ARRRRRRRRRG OOPS - I'm at my mums and I wasnt going to have porridge gruel when there are crumpets about - will MAKE myself have gruel next time!
lunch - Activia 0% yogurt & tinned peaches (they were in syrup and I washed it all off with a strainer so HOPEFULLY they count as free????
tea - Going out for a curry... balti - 6.5 naan - at least 20... HUMM maybe I can BULLY myself into having plain rice instead...

snacks - none yet. hummmm Not doing very good today am I

5 portions of F + V?? lunch should cover 4 hopefully
HEa - little bit of milk in my coffee this morning.
HEb - none yet.
syns - 400, 000 !!!
Amount of water type things - 1 bottle of water
exercise - 1 hr brisk walk (to work and back) and loads of arm excersizing (felt making!!)
meditation – nope! nNEEEED to do this!
alcohol/caffeine/fags/other bad stuff - coffee - NEED to stop having caffeine it is VERY BAD FOR ME!
Plan for tomorrow – REEEEELAX - only in work 12-4.30 WOOHOO
Did I achieve plan for today?? YEAAAAAAAA - went to work and handed in my phd app! heres hoping!!!!

back in the 14's ... BOOOOOOOO - not gona dwell on it. Gonna move onwards and upwards and try to have a super speed week! are all the red and green super speeds the same on extra easy?I hope so!

ok guys so last night I made superspeed soup (or rather a variation of it using all of the veggies I had in the fridge...) and I had it with sw wedges, quark mixed with spring onions & bbq seasoning - YUMMMMMMMY) tomatos and lean bacon. Just about to go get myself a yogurt and some fruit for breaky, I'll have the soup for lunch and tea will be lean meat sw chips and baked beans. Maybe with a small salad for starters.

I AM GOING TO LOSE THAT 3LBS AND THEN SOME THIS WEEK! my oh has also joined sw. YEY - but not in my group - I told him he wasnt allowed because he gets too competitive and makes me want to kill him. hehehe. He's only got a stone to lose and I've got 4-5 but hopefully he will stay as a target member and give me more courage!

last night's tea was DAMN tasty! this being the reason I've been HATING diet foods for so long. I just think it tastes pants. but with LOADS of herbs and spices it's not half bad. xx

my soup ingredients:
green & red lentils, onion, leek, parsnips, courgettes, mange tout, broccoli... think thats all the veg cant remember... I've soaked the beans overnight (kidney beans, butter beans, chick peas, aduki beans) and I'm going to add them. Tomorrow I will add some peppers... then it had chicken stock cubes, barbeque seasoning (mustard seeds, cumin, fenugreek, salt, pepper - think thats it)... cooked in slow cooker for half a day then wizzed it up.

Now how long do you think I can keep veg soup in the fridge before it dies?

Back