let's do this!!!

cupcake101

hey everyone!

I've just joined here as a final attempt to keep me motivated to shifting this weight once and for all. I feel like I need to share my weightloss story so here goes...

I've been overweight for as long as i can remember. What made it even harder was the fact that I had a twin sister who was always normal weight. When I was younger I didn't understand why I was the fat one and convinced myself it was just bad genes. Now I am older and I realsise how WRONG I was. The only reason I was overweight was because I ate too much and was lazy, and that's the harsh truth :( and the only person who can change this is me.

My weight has gone up and down over the years, but has pretty much always been bewteen 13 and 14 stone. I was a size 16-18. I know it's not massive, but for a 5"3 women that's still very overweight, and I was very unhappy.

a year ago I started university. I moved away from home and for once I was 100% in control of my diet and lifestyle. I made it my mission to lose weight and I succeeded in going from 13 stone 6 to 12 stone in about 4 months. I am now a size 12-14. The most success i've ever had on a diet! and I did it all through healthy eating (1400 calories a day) and going to the gym about 3-4 times a week for 45 minute work outs (nothing extreme). Although I was still overweight, this was a massive change for me, and proved tat I could lose weight if i put my mind to it!

Losing the weight gave me soooo much more confidence than I have ever had before, and gave me the confidence to really let someone into my life, and I am now engaged to the most amazing guy ever! :)

So.. this is the point that I'm at now. I am now very happy and living with my fiancee. This has its down sides though, as he has massive portions and I fell into the trap of following suit ( I gained 7 pounds and a now 12 stone 7lbs :()

I still have at least 3 stone to lose. I think that I would be happy at 9 1/2 stone :) I am fed up of starting diets and lasting only 2 days. I have lost weight before so I know i can do it. So why don't I? My problem is that I have no will power whatsoever!

That's where you guys come in! I need you guys to motivate me and I'll be there for you too. I think it's so important that you have someone to talk to and compare successes with whilst dieting, it keeps you motivated and adds a bit of competition! So anyone whose starting a new diet or continuing to lose weight, or success stories, I'd love to hear from you to keep me going! and I'll being checking in to update everyone most days :)

I've tried slimming world and weight watchers in the past ( even tried alli tablets), with little success and extra money spent on going to meetings. I just never manage to stick to them. My plan is to go back to what i know and eat 1400 calories a day, drink 6 glasses of water and go to the gym between 4 and 5 times a week!

Wish me luck!

(ps. sorry the story was so long!)

xxxx

i don't belong to any clubs either just eating less and exercising more. I joined this forum to get motivation to.
I hope you do well!!!

Thanks!

I'll keep you posted on how I d, but fibgers crossed I stick to this:).

Good luck! let me know how you get on.

x

Back