Lets do this!

Shiv13

Well day 1, I'm actually really excited!
Just had a nice coffee and a strawberry shake, happy today the shakes seem quite nice
Now I'm off to teach some drama classes. Hoping that'll keep my mind off food until lunch, if I can do day 1 and 2 without cheating I will be so proud of myself!

Have a good day, stay on track :)

Well day 3 and I'm doing pretty well. Saturday and Sunday were fairly ok, mainly because I was too busy to have the opportunity to cheat. Very nearly said yes to a beer on auto pilot past night but saved myself just in time and had a black coffee instead. Much to the disgust of my friends.
In some ways that's the hardest thing, many of my friends are very sceptical about VLCD's and so I'm finding it hard to explain, I don't want to just keep making excuses for not eating/drinking though. I'm hoping this forum will help.

First day of working on the diet though today, was dreading it. I work in a school, it's safe to say the staff room is always full of treats, the children can stress you out and make you want to eat and drink everything and anything, and in the past it's always been noticed when I'm not eating much or am obviously dieting, and because I don't look as big as I am I often get the 'you don't need to do that' tirade.

Today though no one said anything... I sat and ate my bar and drank my green tea (this is really not normal for me) and not a word... I was amazed and confused and relieved...

I must mention it's quite a religious school. R.E. assembly later in the day, talking about preparing for Christmas, what different people do etc and different religions. One of the kids mentions fasting and I get held up as an example of someone doing just that.
Brilliant. It's made it much easier! 4 weeks until the end of term, no one will ask annoying questions and because most of the staff are fairly strict with their religions, people will actively try to help me 'fast', no more cakes or samosas for me!
I'm just going to power through and think how much I'll enjoy my Christmas dinner!!

Bring on Day 4. May check to see if I'm in ketosis tomorrow, I e got the sticks, is it too early for that?

Good Luck on ur exante journey. It's not too early.Kitosis kicks in by day three or four.

Ohhh glad people aren't bugging you too much about it! I don't even tell people anymore as can't cope with the comments lol!

Thanks guys!
These forums make such a difference. I'm not the best with willpower, so writing on here is really helping!
Apologies if I do ramble on though.

Knackered now though, and craving hot choc so I think it's time for bed.

It is nice not to have people asking and judging, I've had that completely knock me off track before. I did diet chef 2 years ago, and lost a fair bit but got fed up of people telling me I was eating cat food, etc etc.

Keep smiling everyone! :) xx

Another day in the staff room, not hungry had to force myself to eat my bar today!
I'm thinking this is good. I've also got past my grumpy hungry stage, life is good. I feel like this is going to work.
So much happier already!
X

Well Done shiv, I think u r in Kitosis. Carry on and stay strong.

Yay!!
I'm going so, it's a really busy week, which I think was a good plan. I do a lot of am dram acting stuff, tonight I'm stuck in the lighting box operating sound and lights, just realised I haven't had dinner yet....

Though I would kill for a glass if wine. Working with kids, I love them, but I'm glad to give them back at the end of the day...massive kudos to anyone doing this diet while parenting too!!!

How's your day been Harry? I read through your diary earlier, you're doing so well, such an inspiration!

S x

Well my stick turned pink this morning- whoop!
Woken up with a bit if a headache though, painkillers and shake for breakfast. Need to make sure I'm drinking my water though, finding it tough to drink that much!
Any tips?

2 litre is more then enough if you drink coffee and bouillon as well.I drink about 3 mugs of coffee and two mugs of bouillon + 2litre of water.I hope it helps...

Ooh good. I haven't tried the bouillon yet, will order some.
I'm a big tea person, black tea is ok though yeah?
Getting there...

Today has been a bit stressy. Kids being a bit difficult, lots of arguments etc...ho

...hoping this afternoon is easier!

And breathe...

Had a sneaky look at the scales this morning though, won't say what it was, don't want to jinx it but a massive motivation to carry on!!!!

Yay.

Hi there and welcome Shiv 13. keep going hun your doing well.:p ... I quiet like the water flavourings and the bouillon but it is a little salty so I only have 1/2 spoon in water. xx

Ooh ok, I shall order some tonight, where do you get it from? I'm one of those people who quite likes a cup of Bovril so maybe I'll like it? Lol.

It's been such a stressful day, but not because of the diet- all work stuff. I wanted to cry at one point but the thought of how well I'm doing weight wise perked me up. This morning when I'd checked I'd lost 6 lbs, and it's not weigh in day yet!

Normally if finish work, after a day like this I'd definitely buy some wine, and a fat Chinese or I'd ask mum if she wanted to order.
So I'd waste money, eat a load of rubbish and then feel bad because I'd eaten it all.

I'm not sure what I will do when I finally get home, but I think it'll involve a bubble bath, a face pack, some music and maybe some sparkling water in a wine glass.
This has been my hardest day so far. I'm sure there will be others, but I will do it!!!!

Stay strong shiv, don't let yourself down. You don't need to order bouillon you can buy it from any supermarket. In Tesco it's near the gravy granules .Veg bouillon(marigold) I hope it helps.

Cheers. I'll get some tomorrow.
I'm still being good, it's just new job stress and not loving it as much as I thought I would. But it's all a means to an end. I'm starting my Masters degree next year and need to save up, also determined to have lost the weight by then.

Still, if it doesn't work there are options.
I lived in India for 6 months a few years ago and despite eating all the time I came back 3 stone lighter, I wouldn't mind an excuse to go back!!

Seriously though I'm being good, at my local theatre again tonight, operating lights for a show, went to the bar and thought I'd cave in and just get a glass of drink but then I realised I didn't really fancy one, and I stuck to sparkling water instead.
Very happy!
How's your day Harry? X

Well Done hun, my day went well thanks....Bring it on :)

Glad to hear it.
Breakfast time now. It's almost Friday....yay!
Only working a half day today, so glad, going its an easier day today, less of the stress would be nice!
Feeling awake this morning. Though I have got a sore throat, may have to just buy some soothers or something and see what happens.
Up and at 'em!

Back