Lets do this.

Mcg87

Hello all.

I am finally in the right mindset to restart my journey. I lost 1stoneast year but then various parts of life got in the way and I didnt lose anymore. Now is the time to get back to my goal weight!

I've gone for exante as I need to take choice out of the equation. Plus now I live alone I just dont want to cook.

I started on Monday and so far so good. Woke yesterday with so much engery! Today not so much.

I'm going to weigh in on Fridays so my first weigh in wont be a whole week.

Enjoying the shakes. Had carbonara for dinner tonight. It could definitely be better.

I have 1 shake left for the day but I just dont feel hungry so we shall see.

I need to incorporate some low intensity exercise so my aim is to start that tomorrow.

Welcome to Minimins and good luck with Exante.

I love the fact that I don't have to think about planning meals etc, it's just so easy to grab a shake and that's it.

I've been doing this 100% since about mid April and I'm just finding it so easy this time, I mean don't get me wrong some days are still a struggle and the urge to eat is sometimes still there but I'm just so focused this time that I am determined to do it!

Looking forward to seeing you get to your goal weight - you can do this!

Thank you! And well done your loss!

I'm feeling hopefull that this will work this time. I'm glad in not at the office currently so I dont have any temptations around.

This weekend will be a test as I'm out for the day. But I'll take a shake and be as prepared as possible.

Thanks very much.

I think that has helped me massively aswell, I've been working from home since the end of March and it's made such a difference.

I really miss the social aspect of work but I'm glad I've got at least the rest of this year to get to goal weight and then learn how to maintain that before I go back to work.

I sometimes pick up a Lighterlife bar from Superdrug if I'm going to be out which I find helps.

I keep an eye out on the sale stuff in there and usually buy a few of them when they are down to £0.50.

You can do it.

Thanks for the tip dolly rocker - will take a look!
And thanks mini!

Feeling full of energy again today. Just had shake 2. I think I need to increase my water intake but it's so hard.

Its just nice to feel motivated again (and the lack of washing up is a huge bonus!)

Weighed in this morning. 4 days in and 5lbs down! Will weigh again Monday to see what the weeks loss was.

This is my first weekend on the plan however, so this will be a test. I think today and Sunday will be fine but tomorrow I'm going out for the day. Hoping it will be fine as my head is in the right space, but the person I'm with loves food! So there will no doubt be temptation.

I looked last night at people making cookies, muffins and pancakes from the shakes. I am going to give this a go next week. Just need to buy eggs.

Also realises I am maybe not following the plan correctly. I have stuck to 3 shakes I've not been eating 200 cals of real food. I'll introduce that after week one. In all honesty I haven't felt hungry but I'll get some veg in for that.

Well done on starting, I started Cambridge 2 weeks ago which I believe is similar to Exante except I see a counsellor. You've had great weight loss in just a few days!

Ohh so my weekend went a bit to pot. I have not stuck to plan but I'm ok with it. Life happens. And I have been sensible, stick within my calories and most importantly dont feel like I have failed, so instead of deciding **** it and falling off the wagon I'm raring to get back to the shakes.

Dating and dieting are hard to combine! Still I'm home tonight so a good 5 days to get a nice loss in.

Well done you, it's hard to not just throw the towel in and think sod it so sticking to the calories is still sticking to plan!

Oh how is the dating going? I'm too scared to date :classic_tongue:

I think the dating is going well! I'm so out of practise but I'm not going to let either get in the way. Back home now so back to shake life. Will weigh tomorrow to see the damage but I'm also planning on incorporating working out into my routine again too so that should help!

Good for you.

I've been talking to a guy I met on a singles FB page since the end of March, I'm not that bothered about the restrictions in place at the moment cos I want to get as close to goal weight as I can before I meet him :classic_tongue:

Will need to do it soon enough though but until the restaurants and pubs are a bit more relaxed around the 2 hour bookings etc we will go out, his pals and family are saying we should just meet at his house but I want to go out on proper dates.

We met at the very start of lockdown, and have clicked, it's been interesting dating without the pubs and places open! But its been fun we are super comfortable around each other so it's worked well. I'd like to be official but thats on him. I hadn't expected that to happen. I had been looking forward to dating and meeting lots of men lol.

You should meet him! But I agree public places to begin with are much easier, the 2 hour limit would be frustrating though.

I went to the shops and got to drinks etc. Normally sunday I enjoy a beer/wine on 2. My chill day but not today. I'm feeling totally in the zone.

I'm even debating doing a work out later to do a bit of making up for the amazing food I had this weekend.

I also need to start trying to drink my coffee without milk. Will start that tomorrow too.

As Dolly says well done for staying on plan with the calories even though it must have been tempting to think oh I'll pick it up tomorrow

I only drink black coffee now unless I have a latte or something as a treat.

Oh I know I should just meet him but I'm just gonna hold out for as long as humanly possible, I mean it is a pandemic so it's a good excuse LOL

We will go out eventually and we do speak on the phone everyday, we get on so well but I just want to be as comfortable in my own skin as I can be when I meet him.

So happy for you!

Hi, you seem to definitely be in the zone! Weekends are hard. I cooked the family a roast yesterday and ended up having one Yorkshire pudding - it felt like failing at first but really isn’t lol. Hope you do well all week.

Back