Let's get started!

Klev

Since i subscribed here three months ago i have been waiting to get started on a VLCD diet. Because i was going through the doctors i needed to wait for several things.

Now finally i have my first apointment with my CDC this afternoon!!

If everything goes as planned i will start tomorrow! I am so excited. I feel liberated at the thought of not having to think about what is allowed or what not, its just not allowed :D

I already lost 21 lbs on my own! Now things will go even better :) i am ready for this bound to be difficult journey, so lets get started!

oooh ooooh oooooh hunny!!!!!! I'm sooooo pleased for you! Let me know how you get on STRAIGHT AWAY!!!

You are brilliant for losing 21lbs already...I know you'll be just fine on CD and your hubby and beautiful daughter will be so proud of you- ooh you'll be a yummy mummy in no time xxxxxxxxx

Thanks hun :D i am so excited :D

Thanks :D well the first apointment was great! We had a good conversation and he thought i had my mind in the right place. I got enough stuff for a week and i am getting started tomorrow morning (have to work today so didnt seem like a good idea to start at work). He told me i could always call him with questions, and that i shouldnt hessitate to do so :D

So my overall first impression is very good. So for tonight my mom (yes my mom :$) made my favorite diner for me and my collegue at work :) and after that the pounds will fly off!

i did talk about drinking water with him, cause thats gonna be a hard one for me, i barely drink 2 liters a day.......most of the time i just dont. Any tips from you experienced lot??

Hi Klev, like u I struggle with my water consumption so what Ive found helps is if I fill a 2litre bottle and keep it on the side, I never drink my water freezing cold, it just wont go down!!! I also have taken a fancy to sparkling water, i can drink much more of this than the normal stuff, getting at least 2 litres isa very important for flushing that fat out!!

xx

Yeah, i figured something with filled bottles would have to do it for me. My CDC gave me the tip to fill up two 1,5 ltr bottles and make myself drink 1 before noon and the other one before i go to bed.

I don't lile sparkles sadly enough :) and it's not that i dont like water. If i do drink it is water most of the time.
It's just that i don't seem to want to or just forget it.

good luck klev! look forward to hearing about your journey! hope you enjoy CD

Hunny! I'm so pleased you got on well :D oooh I'm really excited for you!

The water thing: Bottles work for me I have to say- I try and keep one in the fridge nice and chilled and when I get through one I go, fill it up again and pop it back in the fridge- I make sure I drink it straight from the bottle as when it's in a glass it seems alot more! I also make sure I take one in the car and try to drink at least 500ml on a journey (shops there and back, or on the way to work)- another good tip is when you start to feel hungry- go have some water before you have a shake- that way you bump up your water and supress that hunger for a bit longer, not that after 3 days you'll feel hungry!

Shame you don't like sparkling water- in a couple of weeks you can have the water flavourings and it makes it almost like a lemonade :D Saying that, I normally add mine to vanilla shakes to make a cheesecakey mousse!

Um what else- remember you can have tea and coffee- I've pretty much trained my tastebuds to drinking black coffee now (decaff) and I've almost weened myself off sweetener in it!

Oooh I add extra ice to cold shakes- makes it thicker and my theory is- it's extra water! x

Hey hunni just wanted to say good luck for tommorrow, you do sound like you are ready for it so i have every faith in you! Well done on losing so much weight by yourself, i'll look forward to reading you posts and seeing your weight loss x

Brilliant news, bet you very excited, keep us posted how its all going and good luck hun x

Its great news that you are now fully on board with CD, welcome (but some of us quite familiar with your posts!) and best of luck!

I make myself drink a bit more water before I can do something nice, for example, "if I finish that bottle of water then I can have the lovely bath that I have been looking forward to".

Look forward to hearing how you get on!

(but some of us quite familiar with your posts!)

:eek: is that a good thing?? lol if not .... :479:

All great ideas :D thanks a lot (both for encouragment and ideas :D).

I am deff gonna drink a glass before i take a shake, sounds like a good reminder to drink. And also gonna take some with me (made my first day quite busy so i wouldnt be focussed on hunger or whatever).
And the drinking before doing something nice, its just perfect!! It will put drinking in my system!!

I have already started on my water......i am postponing my shake cause i am not hungry yet, but i'll have to take it in about half an hour or so, cause i have to leave and i don't want to drink my first shake when i'm out :) ( what if i dont like it!! Looks stupid an plain public :D)

I'll come in at the end of the afternoon again and let you very lovely and supportive folks know how i did :D

Hi Klev, you can get small cartons of ready made shakes called tetras for when you are out, no one would ever know it was a diet shake- to be honest I find them not as satisfying as the packs you make up,but they are useful. When you are allowed bars they are great to take out with you.
Good luck today,you have already taken the hardest steps by taking control and finding cd, like everyone says I just wish I had found it sooner and the results are amazing. x

Yeah water was always a problem for me. What helped was that I work close to the fridge (this was a major problem pre-diet haha) so I had a jug of cold water handy and used a glass. I always made sure I filled the glass and chugged it as soon after filling as I could. Also, every time I logged onto Minimins it reminded me to go get a glass of water :D

Thats cool :D everything is going okay so far, had a few times that i felt hungry, but just grabbed my water bottle, already have 1,5 liters down, starting on the second bottle now. Just had my second shake as well.

I think the shakes are okay, had cappucino (gonna try that hot next time) and butterschotch. I do feel that when i am halfway through it, i start to ehm repulse it? I don't like it that much, and i start to feel like i have to clock it away fast or else i'll start to ehm gag?? Like throwing up, but not for real.... I have a bit of a problem with the foam thats on them cause of the shaking :).

But! So far so good!! :D tonight i'll do some soup :D

Thanks for all the support guys :D

OH! About water out of the fridge. My CDC told me its best to not put it in the fridge cause you will get even more cold, because you drink so much cold fluids.....

But i got the two bottles near me at all times!

@Jim, how are you dealing with the fridge now?? Still only for water?? I admire you very much! You have come so far already!

Okay, so my first day is over :) i had my soup little less then an hour ago :) i'm full up :)

Tomorrow i think i'll just split my shakes. How do you lot do that? Do you weigh the powder?? And perhaps i might try a warm shake as well. Chocolate for instance! Cause i rather enjoyed eating the soup!

I have also managed to cluck away 3 liters of water. Also had 2 glasses of tea and for a nice cosy evening there is a pot with tea waiting for me on the table. I take a blanket and just hang on the sofa :)

So far i am pretty content with today :D i have to say though, the hour of sports i usually do at the fysiotherapist was hard. I could really notice it in my legs :) but! That should get better with time :D

I hope you will all have a good nights rest and i'll see you again tomorrow :D

Yay :D i'm on my third day! And so far i am going good! I had a bit of a downer yesterday. I nearly fell asleep at work :( Also i am starting to get some headaches.

Good news is, i still don't have any problems with "not" eating. Sure i would want to have something to nibble on yesterday evening, but i just didnt, and it didnt cause me any trouble.

So far, i think i am lucky!! Cause it doesnt cost me a lot of effort to not eat. I also havent found one flavour i didnt like yet. So far everything is at least okay. I absolutely loved the tomato soup! I am now eating the vegetable soup :).

Besides that, i couldnt resist this morning and went on the scales. It was a bit tricky cause i was also very worried to see no result at all. But! I was 107,1 KG, that is 236.15 lbs! So that means i have already lost nearly 5 pounds!!

I was so thrilled when i saw that!!

This evening i got a night shift, i'll take my shake along, luckely i get to sleep, only less that normally, so i thats why i am stretching my meals a bit. This way i can eat half a shake short before i go to bed (i hope), cause normally thats when i start eating stuff :(.

Ah well :D i think everything should be going okay, today is supposed to be the hardest day right?? I sure hope so, cause it would mean i would start to feel better after today :D.

Have a fun day all :D

Back