ProPoints Let's give this a go

Going to try working out am currently on my hometrainer bike watching tv series.

You are very wise my little Dutch Tulip :) Healthy Eating Plans (notice the avoidance of the D word :rolleyes:) should allow flexibility and fit in with social and home life situations. You should never feel hungry, you should never feel bored with what you are eating and you should never feel you are depriving yourself. So the Grapefruit and Boiled Egg diet, or Spinach and Sausage or Mango and Mustard or whatever quirky diet is fashionable will never work for long term healthy eating and weight control. IMHO, as you wisely say, you have to deal with real food in a real world with real situations.

Sorry you have had such bad experiences in the past. I can relate to a lot of what you have said. It's all too easy to think it was somehow your fault. That you don't deserve to be slim and happy, or the weight gives you something to hide your emotions behind. You have to let it go, or the person who did those bad things continues to have control of you. You are worth so much more than that. You are doing brill. It took a lot of courage to write that. We are all here for you

love chips xx:bighug:
Hi chips
Totally agree with your words on the soup diet, the mayo diet and stuff like that. I need to learn to deal with food. Funny you call me Dutch tulip hahah.

I have been to so much therapy that I know, by now, that it is not my fault. I know I did not deserve it etc, I know all that and believe it. But the food thing, argh. I need to make it work and I need to let myself be healthy and skinny etc. I just really hope it works this time.

Thanks hun xxx

Hi chips
Totally agree with your words on the soup diet, the mayo diet and stuff like that. I need to learn to deal with food. Funny you call me Dutch tulip hahah.

I have been to so much therapy that I know, by now, that it is not my fault. I know I did not deserve it etc, I know all that and believe it. But the food thing, argh. I need to make it work and I need to let myself be healthy and skinny etc. I just really hope it works this time.

Thanks hun xxx

I always find it amazing the hold that food has over us, at the end of the day it's just food, but the hold is pretty powerful isn't it?

I always find it amazing the hold that food has over us, at the end of the day it's just food, but the hold is pretty powerful isn't it?

We've all had tons of subtle and not so subtle conditioning regarding food since we were small children. A bottle if you cried, a lollypop if you fell over, finish what's on your plate before you leave the table ..., eat, drink and be merry to celebrate, eat, drink and be sad if you're feeling down, stressed etc. etc .... so food is portrayed as the answer to everything life throws at you :rolleyes: Hey Ho. chips xx

Yes it is amazing, the silly thing is its an addiction too. Alcoholics dont need alcohol to live, drug addicts dont need drugs to live but we do need food to live and its a pain when you have an eating... Disorder or problem with food.

We've all had tons of subtle and not so subtle conditioning regarding food since we were small children. A bottle if you cried, a lollypop if you fell over, finish what's on your plate before you leave the table ..., eat, drink and be merry to celebrate, eat, drink and be sad if you're feeling down, stressed etc. etc .... so food is portrayed as the answer to everything life throws at you :rolleyes: Hey Ho. chips xx

That is definitely true.

X

Yes it is amazing, the silly thing is its an addiction too. Alcoholics dont need alcohol to live, drug addicts dont need drugs to live but we do need food to live and its a pain when you have an eating... Disorder or problem with food.

That is definitely true.

X

I was just reading through and about to say this exact thing before I saw you had already written it. We can't really get away from food so need to learn to deal with it in a way we are happier with. That is exactly what you are doing so all credit to you. And you have a really impressive level of self-awareness about how the deprivation from "free- eating" and "comfort - eating" is affecting you. Hopefully that will be enough for you to avoid these behaviours enough that you develop new habits that you feel more comfortable with for dealing with emotions.

I always used to be a hugely emotional eater and a couple of glasses of wine or the stodgiest, cheesiest meal I could think of would always be my first port of call to make me feel better if I had had a rotten day but I can honestly say that isn't my first response any more. I think I noticed it about a year or so ago. Me and OH were having an awful time at work (it looked like both of us were going to be made redundant within 4 days of each other just after christmas at the time) and it was just weeks and months of progressively bad news. At first it occurred to me that I could cope with things in my old way but I realised i genuinely didn't want to. That it would just make me feel a bit lousy and make things worse. And now it isn't always something that occurs to me if I am feeling rotten. I may still want a couple of glasses of wine or a very stodgy dinner on occassion but thats because thats what I want to have rather than an automatic reaction to a situation.

I am sure you will get there. You've done so well so far. Just hang on in there.

On a liight note - fish fingers for breakfast?? Mmmm. Potatoe croquettes for dinner??? Mmmmmmm.

I was just reading through and about to say this exact thing before I saw you had already written it. We can't really get away from food so need to learn to deal with it in a way we are happier with. That is exactly what you are doing so all credit to you. And you have a really impressive level of self-awareness about how the deprivation from "free- eating" and "comfort - eating" is affecting you. Hopefully that will be enough for you to avoid these behaviours enough that you develop new habits that you feel more comfortable with for dealing with emotions.

I always used to be a hugely emotional eater and a couple of glasses of wine or the stodgiest, cheesiest meal I could think of would always be my first port of call to make me feel better if I had had a rotten day but I can honestly say that isn't my first response any more. I think I noticed it about a year or so ago. Me and OH were having an awful time at work (it looked like both of us were going to be made redundant within 4 days of each other just after christmas at the time) and it was just weeks and months of progressively bad news. At first it occurred to me that I could cope with things in my old way but I realised i genuinely didn't want to. That it would just make me feel a bit lousy and make things worse. And now it isn't always something that occurs to me if I am feeling rotten. I may still want a couple of glasses of wine or a very stodgy dinner on occassion but thats because thats what I want to have rather than an automatic reaction to a situation.

I am sure you will get there. You've done so well so far. Just hang on in there.

On a liight note - fish fingers for breakfast?? Mmmm. Potatoe croquettes for dinner??? Mmmmmmm.
Thanks hun for these words. It is so true eh, the food addicts are confronted with their food everywhere. It is a real pain. I am going out for dinner 2x this week, ouch. Like getting a cocaine addict to walk through the druglord alleys.
At the moment I am trying to do other things instead of eating, doing silly ipad games, watching tv etc. Works for big percentage of the time so thats good.

Yes, I needed to have a filling yum breakkie because I was feeling a bit hungry and unsettled so really filled me up. When I go back to work I will be having more muesli and sandwiches which is boring so I am taking full advantage of my days off foodwise. I usually have bread and muesli on worksdays and I just find that to be super boringggg.

I am glad to hear you have overcome your emotional eating. It has so much to do with strong will and determination, doesnt it? You have to have a very strong will to not grab something thats just.... Right there, in front of you. I just want to get to a healthy weight. I still have like 23kg to go before I get near healthy and I want to get to 70kg to have some buffer lbs. Sometimes I think if I stop obsessing about food, that wojld help. But right now o sessing aout my food is the only thing keeping me on plan.

Food and eat out wise I know what I will be having tomorrow evening.. Either tomato mozarella pizza or chicken pasta.. So thats good to know beforehand. Bulking up on fruits as snacks and having homemade egg salad for lunch so that should fill me up too.. Will have some weeklies reserved for it so it should be ok.

I may have had a bit of a nibble on my weeklies today so have 32 weeklies left at the moment.... Hrm. Haha. On Friday I will be going to a family day of bfs family no idea what they will be having foodwise. I am considering bringing a salad but dont want to be rude. We shall see on the day. Bf himself is not going so cant lean on him haha.

Food tomorrow, yuck work.
Breakfast and lunch
Bread 14pp
Egg salad 6pp

Snack:
Banana 0pp
Strawberries and grapes 0pp

Dinner: have reserved 25pp for pizza in restaurant or pasta.
Hope to earn a lot of walking pp for walking to station and walking for an hour before dinner.

Morning lovely, I'm trying to work out how to give u the recipe for the pasta I made last night. It's out of a WW recipe book and I don't think we're allowed to share recipes from books on here. My friend had her thread removed coz it had loads of SW recipes. Ill see if I can PM it to you.xxx

Thanks so much for trying. I have some cookbooks but we do not have a lot of them here unfortunately.

Real quick msg foodwise.
I had a pizza with mozarella and veggies so the app said 23pp, I had some bread and olive paste rough calculation 6pp and a lemon tart 9pp putting dinner total on 38pp. Ouch. I only had 25pp for it. This does not appear to be a good week ha ha. Weeklies are diminishing :"). Going out to eat tomorrow as well so will have to do a few hrs of working out to earn it. I will probably gain water weight @ WI and that already ticks me off haha. Eating out 3 nights in a row..

Eating out three night in a row is going to be hard, I think just try and do the best you can while still enjoying yourself. Tonight's dinner sounds gorgeous. Lemon tart is one of my favourites :)

Eating out three night in a row is going to be hard, I think just try and do the best you can while still enjoying yourself. Tonight's dinner sounds gorgeous. Lemon tart is one of my favourites :)
Yes, true. I think I may skip WI.
The thing is, I have free points left and AP earned today. Without using AP I would still have like 15 weeklies left but I have never been this close to usin all weeklies plus eating out will be salty and make me retain water weight.
Friday I am going to a big family party where there will be a bbq and tons of other foods. I think I may bring a salad but dont want to be rude.. Its bfs family and he isnt there ha..ha..

I get to choose where we go tomorrow so I will pick somewhere healthy and have a salad or grilled chicken or something. I will also work out and eat mostly fruits but still.. Salttttt waterrrrr retaininggg.
I think I will wait to WI till monday morning, I will have had a few days to lose the water weight. We shall see. :") Nervous already.

Sounds like a pretty good plan to wait a few days for weigh in.

Sounds like a pretty good plan to wait a few days for weigh in.
Thanks. Unfortunately, tomorrow will be Chinese food BUT I can bring my own salad to the family weekend on Friday. Pfiew. Friday will be 100% daily points, no weeklies or AP or funny nibbles.

I checked my eating out book and have found the following
Mini springrolls, 100g is 5pp so will weigh them as we are having Chinese at home
Fillet of beef with mushrooms in oyster sauce. 8pp
I will not have rice unless I keep some dailies for it. So far thats omly 13pp. Not too bad for Chinese food. Will try to keep 18pp for dinner leaving 17pp dailies for the day. Plan, for now

B:
0% fat cherry yoghurt and fruit 4pp
33,3g muesli 3pp

L:
Fruit fruit fruit, yoghurt 4pp

D:
Chinese approx 13pp but saving 18pp dailies for this

Used
29/35 dailies
17/49 weeklies

Will try to drink 3l of water tomorrow and do 45min on my bike. Hope this works. :)
pLovely boyfriend bought kiwi fruits, grapefruit, bananas, cherry tomatoes, pears and apples for me today. I will make a fruitsalad, have half Thursday and save rest for tomorrow :)

Thanks. Unfortunately, tomorrow will be Chinese food BUT I can bring my own salad to the family weekend on Friday. Pfiew. Friday will be 100% daily points, no weeklies or AP or funny nibbles.

I checked my eating out book and have found the following
Mini springrolls, 100g is 5pp so will weigh them as we are having Chinese at home
Fillet of beef with mushrooms in oyster sauce. 8pp
I will not have rice unless I keep some dailies for it. So far thats omly 13pp. Not too bad for Chinese food. Will try to keep 18pp for dinner leaving 17pp dailies for the day. Plan, for now

B:
0% fat cherry yoghurt and fruit 4pp
33,3g muesli 3pp

L:
Fruit fruit fruit, yoghurt 4pp

D:
Chinese approx 13pp but saving 18pp dailies for this

Used
29/35 dailies
17/49 weeklies

Will try to drink 3l of water tomorrow and do 45min on my bike. Hope this works. :)
pLovely boyfriend bought kiwi fruits, grapefruit, bananas, cherry tomatoes, pears and apples for me today. I will make a fruitsalad, have half Thursday and save rest for tomorrow :)

Loving the breakfast ;)

Loving the breakfast ;)
Haha you inspired me with your yoghurts! I used to have this sort of breakfast a lot in the beginning but I got bored. Haha. Feel like I need sme healthy foods in me after eating out and seeing myself eat out tomo as well. ;)

So far so good, breakkie.

And my collection of fruits boyfriend bought haha, such a sweetheart. Shops are closed today and I panicked so I told him to buy me a lot of fruit and he did <3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    982.1 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 76
So far so good, breakkie.

And my collection of fruits boyfriend bought haha, such a sweetheart. Shops are closed today and I panicked so I told him to buy me a lot of fruit and he did <3

Mmmmmmmmmm looks lovely. How come the shops are closed today?

What's the weather like?xxx

Mmmmmmmmmm looks lovely. How come the shops are closed today?

What's the weather like?xxx
We have a bank holiday today, Hemelvaart... Not sure what the English term is but think its Acsension or something spelled wrong.

Weather is quite nice :) Sunny, not too hot.

We have a bank holiday today, Hemelvaart... Not sure what the English term is but think its Acsension or something spelled wrong.

Weather is quite nice :) Sunny, not too hot.

Ah right, we had bank holiday on Monday. In fact we have 2 in May, we have a weekend called Whitsun??? Bank holidays kind of annoy me coz everything closed.
I hope you don't mind me asking for weather updates. I'm just so desperate for it to be nice when we're there. I think we were spoiled in 2011 when it was ridiculously hot all week.

Back