Let's talk about bars!!

Drunk Tinkerbell

So... Week 2 weigh in tonight and I'm permitted to buy bars!

I'm not being weighed after today for another two weeks so need to buy two weeks worth of stock. So.... I was planning on buying a bar for every day!! Mistake!?

I'm a bit worried that I'll buy a load and then hate them... Has anyone HATED them or do some people not really enjoy them? I don't mind having them if I'm not in love with them but couldn't force myself to eat something I really hated!

What's everyone's favourite flavour?

start - 12.2 current - 11.12 target 9.7

I have a bar most days and have never thought they have effected my weigh loss.

I really only prefer the Cranberry ones (lovely) Toffee and or Choc Mint - I am not keen on the others.

I would say get a selection and see what you like.

heya DT:)
I would get a lil selection if I was you try everything...they make a change from shakes and soups and you are only alowed one a day.
The chewy ones...take small bites , they grow in your mouth lol...another tip is chop them into bits and pop them in the fridge then you have sweeties!
Iv red how on here a few ppl hating the cranberry crunch but theyr my faves....tried the mint crunch this week as well and they were quite nice too.
Cant wait to hear how buzzing you are after your weigh in:-D x

People like different things, so we can tell you what we love and hate, but obviously its all personal taste. But if you don't like orange chocolate bars - don't buy the orange bars!! Simples!!

I now have 2 bars a day (i know i'm not supposed too, but it works for me), and i loose consistently (and of course I was when I was just having 1 bar). I couldn't do CD (or I would have stopped a long long time ago), if I couldn't have bars and my mousse - that's all i have now. Don't bother with anything else.

I know people will say about the carb content, but really - considering my carb intake before CD, two bars are probably ok (for me! - not telling other people to do it!!).

I'm happy with my losses... and i love the bars (my faves, for interest are the cranberry and mint crunch bars, the malt toffee bar, and the chocolate bar...). Word of advice - drink lots of water when you are eating them... lol

Lx

Ooooh I'm very excited!! Getting chicken tikka and salad from the Indian tonight and my desert will be a chocolate bar! Woohoo!

Got my first lot of bars today! Have had a choc mint one this morn and was lovely :) felt really naughty eating it! xx

Hi. I didn't like any of the bars, even to the point of not being able to finish them (and I hate waste). The malt toffee was the best of a bad lot but I wouldn't get another.
X

Oh, that is my all time favourite treat on CD - chicken tikka from the Indian takeaway - remember not to have the onions, and I ask them for mushrooms instead - i didn't think it would work - but, oh, it does...

Mmmmm....

MrsC999 said:
Hi. I didn't like any of the bars, even to the point of not being able to finish them (and I hate waste). The malt toffee was the best of a bad lot but I wouldn't get another.
X

Oh dear. Maybe I'll just get one of each this week just for a treat and if I like them i'll get more next time! I can't risk having a load of stuff that I can't eat!

LV30 said:
Oh, that is my all time favourite treat on CD - chicken tikka from the Indian takeaway - remember not to have the onions, and I ask them for mushrooms instead - i didn't think it would work - but, oh, it does...

Mmmmm....

Does anyone know why it is that you can't have onions!? It seems an odd thing not to be allowed! Are you allowed it on 810 as I'm probably doing that rather than ss+. I'm not really sticking to the food list for ss+!

Hey There

I have had bars since day 1, they really keep me on track, and prefer the crunchy to the chewy kind, have 1 a day! My favourite is peanut but before I was on CD i loved all things peanut, m&ms and snickers and such like!! So they make me feel like I am having a treat.

Im not sure about the onions, I do ss+ and spring onions are on the allowable foods list!!

Le xx

I've wondered that about onions too! Hopefully someone will come along with the answer soon!

I love the cranberry bars and usually get them and maybe a couple of peanut bars for a change lol. I think the crunch bars are slightly lower in carbs but I could be wrong there...?

Em

if you like peanut butter, you'll love the peanut crunch bar. Very nutty taste, I don't think i'll evver give them up even after CD. I love chewy chocolate bar, like a mars but chewier. I thought the cranberry was ok but left bad after taste. I liked the first choc mint, but after that I couldn't eat them, very bad consistency. Toffee nice, not tried orange yet.

I've had peanut bar from day 1 (all crunch bars - peanut, craanberry, miintchoc) have same carbs as shakes/soups/porridge. The chewy ones are higher in carbs & I wasnt allowed those till after first 2 weeks.
I only ever had 1 per day. If I were you, I'd buy 2 of each but get spare shakes just in case.
x

Just ate a peanut bar and it was lush lol!

Em

I used to always have the peanut bars but it got to the point where I would gag when eating one and I don't know why! I loved them at first!

I now have choc orange ones and they are so nice. I find the chewy texture a bit weird though. They have never affected my losses either, but I think I'm not very sensitive to carbs as it takes a lot to knock me out of ketosis.

Hope you enjoy them!

Back