Let's try this again

End of Day 8 :D
Met a friend for a playdate and lunch today and felt on the spot at lunch so chose a goats cheese salad without tomatoes. It had dressing though so I'm a bit worried but it's all I've had all day (not ideal I know but it's a one off) so hoping it won't do any damage *fingers crossed*

I was so sad to hear about Robin Williams today and it really made me think about something, it's a bit hard to articulate but I can't say I've ever really struggled with depression (had a few dark moments over the years but wouldn't say depression) though I have come very very close when I was at my biggest. I don't like saying that because it makes it sound like I'm trivializing depression and making it about looks or something, that's not it at all. I felt so trapped inside this big body, didn't recognize the person in the mirror, every joint ached and I could almost feel the stress on my heart trying to pump blood around my enormous body. I didn't want to get dressed because that simple task got me so down, I hated leaving the house or bumping into people, my day would instantly be ruined if I got a glimpse of myself in a window or a mirror. I had no confidence in myself and it spilled over into many areas of my life, it stopped me doing so many simple things that even now I take for granted. My feeling is this, Robin Williams so so many like him struggle with similar (I'm assuming much worse) feelings all the time, regardless of their weight, financial situation, love life etc etc. I on the other hand am lucky enough to only be a "circumstantial sufferer" that's probably not even a real thing, but my circumstances made me feel that way nothing more. A few stone off and even though I'm still obese I feel like a new woman, all that darkness has left me thank goodness. There are so many women who I've said before in this diary, I envy so much, who are able to still be *happy* whatever their size and the sad fact is I'm honestly not. All my happiness was hugely muted, even on the happiest day of my life when I had my daughter I wouldn't have my picture taken, when forced I felt so shocked as I simply didn't recognize the mother in the photo.
It might sound vain but I truly don't think it is I think it's a lot deeper than that.

My point is, that has really brought it home to me just how important this journey is for me. Lifesaving in a sense (in that I need to live, not just sadly exist like I had been doing. I'm really really lucky that I have the "get out of jail free card" to escape that dark place by just losing a bit of weight when some people are plagued no matter what. It's time ty count my blessings I think and continue on this road to a better life mentally.

Day 10 and I'm feeling amazing!

Really in the zone at the moment. Tried on a winter coat that's been in my wardrobe since long before I had my daughter, size 16, tried it on last night to see how far until I can close it and it closed!! In this very diary I wrote about jumping around with glee when my size 20 winter coat fit!! Now a size 16 fits, albeit very very tight but by the time I'll need it it'll definitely fit! Next is a beautiful size 14 one which didn't even nearly close but it will!!

Day 11 is here and my motivation is strong! Autumn is my favourite season and I can already feel it creeping in :D

I'm on this until I'm in the 13s no matter what! My mission then is to just stay in the 13s using 5:2 for a while, I need to trust myself that I won't put all the weight back on. I went from the 20st bracket to the 16st bracket and maintained that myself for a few months so next stop is the 13st range, do the same and maybe come back for more!

Day 12 coming to an end and I feel great!

Saturday nights are usually a killer for me but I had such a wonderful day!! Lovely ramble around town, got a beeeautiful faux leather biker jacket, the very one from my "fantasy outfit"! It's a size 16 and fits gorgeous! I wore it today with shape wear tights and a dress, felt brilliant!

Sitting down with netflix eating kale crisps, there are so many better things than food!

Thank you Clin!!

I ended up going to a house party last night :eek: late last night Haha! Didn't even touch a single drop of drink, even brought my own coffee!! Now there's a first!! So proud of myself :D

Weigh day tomorrow eek!

Day 14 I still can't believe I managed a proper night out/party with absolutely no drink, I'm so pleased with myself and really believe in myself this time, but in saying that I also know how easy things can change in a mood, circumstance etc so I won't take anything for granted.

Please let me see those 15s tomorrow!!

You are doing so well, good luck for your weigh in.

Day 15 weigh day!

Disappointing really because I weigh every day (it really motivates me generally) and because of that I was expecting a bigger loss but Ah well! I had a LOT of salty things yesterday, kale crisps, oxo, salt on my lifestyle meal etc and not nearly enough water so I shan't get down about it, a loss is a loss and I'm pretty sure the 15s will be waiting for me next week!

-2lbs. Current weight: 16st 2lbs
Total loss since beginning: 4st 3lbs :D

Usually I use ANY excuse for falling off the wagon, in the old days this would be without a doubt reason for me to have a "cheat meal" to kick start things, making myself a scientist or nutritional expert to basically okay anything! This time I know the right thing to do is simply keep going, more water, less salt and a little more exercise (a little more than zero can't be hard!)

Come ooon 15s, I'll appreciate them so much more now I think because they're playing hard to get!

Day 16 and have a new plan of action as I felt a bit slippy last night and had 3 wafer thin slices of ham (that was all that was left so who knows how that would have ended!) I'm meeting a friend for lunch today so today will stick ridgedly to my 3 packs and a light low carb lunch with her but tomorrow I'm going straight back to simplicity for the next 2 weeks!

Still feeling really confident and motivated but need to catch myself before I start getting too laid back, scales are still the same as yesterday so picking really does make a difference. I'm not buying ham anymore or anything that I'm likely to snack on, there's plenty of healthier things I can buy for my daughter!

So kind of as predicted, lunch was low carbs but HIGH calories. I saw it coming to be honest, don't feel great about it but not beating myself up either.

I have the dentist tomorrow so won't be able to eat anyway and right back onto simplicity until the 29th when I have another lunch (chicken wings) so 8 days totally 100% until then.
Will try my best not to look at the scales until Tuesday as I'm scared after today :eek:

Day 17 coming to an end and I've been 100%.

Tooth out and getting implant in the Saturday after next :eek: so no choice but to be 100% for the next good while!

Hello Day 18!

Feeling really good today, wearing a pair of size 16 jeany/jegging things! Size 16!!! Massive fluke really but I'm getting into quite a few 16s now which feels unbelievable!

I'm really looking forward to placing a months order in two weeks, when I use up all the dregs and stuff I don't like!! It should do me for the whole month of September and I intend on doing the whole month of October too so hopefully I will be in the 13st range by then and plan on 5:2ing and 30 day shreding for November and December and maybe back on it in Jan.

Yeah I started at the end of November last year, weird time to start but I just felt I'd hit rock bottom. I really had, I feel so sad when I remember back to who I was then :(

I definitely want to celebrate my birthday this year though (November), and meet up with old friends etc which I didn't have the confidence to last year. Really hope my plan works!

It scares me to look so far ahead!

Good morning Day 20 :D

Had a friend over last night and he had pizza, chips and a few beers and I had shakes and soups! Feeling very proud of myself!

The scales definitely thanked me this morning but I'm taking nothing for granted until my official weigh in on Tuesday.

Meeting a friend for coffee in a while, really looking forward to catching up with her and it's great not thinking to myself "Oh God I wonder is she shocked at how big I've gotten" etc

I hate speaking too soon but I do definitely feel in the zone this time and the 13s don't look that far off at all. It doesn't feel like a pain being on plan until then, usually it's always Ugh have to do this now for x amount of time etc and I think I big factor in that is still having a relatively normal life like still seeing friends, being around drink, food etc and not locking myself away like I'd previously have done.

HELLOOOO 15s!!!
Day 22 today, weigh day!!

-6lbs this week (3rd week)
-1st 3lbs since restart
-4st 9lbs in total!

Current weight 15st 10lbs :D (start weight 20st 5lbs)

So so so happy and to top it off, I had an AMAZING night last night. No drink, no food just great company and conversation!!

Day 24, I'm so happy I've made it this far! The craziest thing is it doesn't feel like an effort whatsoever anymore. But I know better than anyone how quickly that can change so taking nothing for granted!

Was out yesterday all day so ended up having a warm goats cheese salad for lunch. I left about a third of it as it was very filling! My friend was over yesterday and had pizza, drinks etc and it didn't bother me at all. I had 3 veggie sausages that evening as I'd failed to have any packs (not ideal and definitely a one off)
but it was so much better than ordering something "low carb, high fat" which I did consider for a few minutes.

Back