Letzes' Diary

It could always be a bit of water that has decided to stick around after the increase in calories on Saturday. It is sneaky and likes to do that after a bit of indulgence! I'd give it a week or so--I'm sure you'll see the sort of loss you usually have, given how great your menus always look and how much exercise you've been doing. :)

Good luck getting out of the 90s before visiting your home country! Have people back home seen recent pics for you, or are they in for a surprise when they see how you've changed? :D

It could always be a bit of water that has decided to stick around after the increase in calories on Saturday. It is sneaky and likes to do that after a bit of indulgence! I'd give it a week or so--I'm sure you'll see the sort of loss you usually have, given how great your menus always look and how much exercise you've been doing. :)

Good luck getting out of the 90s before visiting your home country! Have people back home seen recent pics for you, or are they in for a surprise when they see how you've changed? :D

It should be a surprise, but I sent a picture to my mother and she shown it to all my extended family :/ So, no more surprises hehehe.
But most of my friends still don't know.

Food today was fine.

Breakfast: Wholewheat Bread + Laughing Cow + Gouda + A Slice of Tomato + Alfalfa / 1/2 Banana / Coffee
Lunch: Veggie Noodles.
Snack: Fromage 0% + Blueberries.
Dinner: Praws / Butternut Squash / Salad.
Lunch: Banana + Cinnamon (as always).

Calories: 1150 - it should be more, but I skipped my morning snack / fruit because I was not feeling hungry.

I bought a pack of whey today, I intend to use it as a snack or breakfast sometimes. I don't know what is happening, but I always want to eat a lot in the morning. I hope this whey will keep me satisfied and have a good taste (it's the PhD Diet Whey - Chocolate Orange).

Hi Letzes

Sounds like you are doing really well on the CC front! :) And good on you for having a 'day off' and enjoying some naughty stuff, I think that's the key, don't hold too tightly and be too rigid on any diet because none of us can live like that forever.

Thanks for helping with SW! I'm going to adopt their philosophy in terms of good food, but will keep counting calories, as it's easier when you don't live in England :)

I had an awesome dinner today, I'm feeling super satisfied and the taste was great :)
Also, I talked about the Whey that I bought yesterday, it's good and when mixed with 150 ml of almond milk you get almost a light dessert -- if I remember, I'll take a picture tomorrow!
After 8 days in a roll, today I didn't go to the gym. I think my body was in need of some rest.

Breakfast: PhD Diet Whey (Chocolate Orange) + Almond Milk.
Snack: Coffee / 1/2 Apple
Lunch: Tuna + Spinach + Corn / Big Salad.
Snack: Fromage 0% + Blueberries.
Dinner: Salmon (a huge piece) / Butternut Squash / Mixed Greens + Corn + Tofu.
Snack: Banana + Cinnamon (as always).

Calories: 1270

In fact, I'm feeling full for my night snack, but I do crave it for the whole day :/
So might eat anyway. Also, if I don't eat, my calorie counting will be below 1200 again.
Perhaps I should balance my meals better, but evenings are the hardest part of my day in terms of diet, I always want to eat a lot!

I'm the same way with evenings! I start off in the mornings thinking half a grapefruit seems filling. Then late afternoon/early evening strikes and I think I could eat the entire contents of my fridge. I'll let you know if I figure out how to prevent it. :D

Sounds like you're still doing really well! :)

Hello night-eaters :)

I knew that today I wouldn't have time for a proper lunch and the day was all messed up.

Breakfast: Whey + Almond Milk.
Snack: 1/2 Apple.
Lunch: Pear and Banana.
Snack: Whey + Almond Milk.
Dinner: Tuna + Spinach / Lots of Canned Corn / Mixed Greens + Tomato + Gouda Light / Butternut Squash.
Snack: Banana + Cinnamon.

Calories: 1051 counting the last snack, which I'm not sure if I'll eat as I'm pretty tired :/

As you can see, I tried to compensate the calories in the dinner hahaha. But with lots of veggies. I could have easily added some pasta, but I was not feeling like eating carbs :/
Is there such a thing as eating your calories the next day!?
I'll try something more balanced tomorrow.

Me three! I'm terrible for eating lots in the evening, sigh...

Me 4. During the week 70% of my calories are after 7pm - when I'm eating healthily (maintaining) it's a lot more evenly spread out

Hungry!

Though I weigh in on Saturdays, I usually have a monthly weigh in every first day of the month. So I can write down in my calendar how many kgs I lost per month (I don't write weekly).
Tomorrow is April's weigh in and thus I would like to have an awesome day today, but... my body seems to think exactly the opposite and wants to eattttttttttttttttttttttttttt hahaha.

By now it's still under control, but I find it awesome how it doesn't want to cooperate :eek:
Come on, body, you will have a full week to eat next week!

Though I weigh in on Saturdays, I usually have a monthly weigh in every first day of the month. So I can write down in my calendar how many kgs I lost per month (I don't write weekly).
Tomorrow is April's weigh in and thus I would like to have an awesome day today, but... my body seems to think exactly the opposite and wants to eattttttttttttttttttttttttttt hahaha.

By now it's still under control, but I find it awesome how it doesn't want to cooperate :eek:
Come on, body, you will have a full week to eat next week!

Loving you talking to your body - you can overcome the sodding thing!

Girls, body cooperated and we had a good day! I had to give us some work to keep us busy hahaha.
I cleaned my "cave"/house and as my cleaning skills are far from great, it kept us busy until lunch time. Then gym :)
Now I can have my planned salmon as dinner without going over the calories. I'm going to come back with the full menu later.

But now I'd like to share something that made me a bit uncomfortable. A guy in the gym commented how I looked good because I had trimmed a lot. He said that the first time he saw me I had too much fat and now I was good. I know it was meant to be a compliment, but I don't like when people compliment you because of your weight loss by emphasizing how being fat is not nice :/ I think it's offensive and biased. Additionally, I also don't like random people taking care of my body... (your body - your business, unless you ask for opinions). I think I should be happy for the compliment, but that's so strange.

I agree - people are too quick to judge us on our size, which makes me really angry.

It's about the appearance, not the person.

That would make me angry as well. Especially as it's a stranger! A stranger who needs to mind his own business. I'd like to think I would tell the person off, but I'd probably chicken out. Then I'd passively aggressively buy a new tshirt to wear to the gym that said something like, "I'm not here to decorate your world" or similar.

You don't need to be happy about the compliment when it came wrapped in an insult to your former self. It'd be totally different if he had said something like, "Hey, I've seen you here for a while, and you've made really good progress. Keep it up!" The way he phrased it sounds more like a judgment of how you used to look, and that's not OK. I'm never on board with people dehumanising and insulting the person I used to be, no matter how complimentary they think they're being. Totally reasonable and understandable that you aren't, either.

I had a rant about the same thing on my thread. People coming up to me all the time and saying how much weight I lost and how good I looked. But my brain could only think about the fact they thought I was fat before. I know it's stupid and I should be happy with the compliments but it's hard especially with random strangers doing it!!

Thanks for all the comments, girls. Yes, I'll never accept as a compliment something that judges my past self and a lot of people together. I really don't mind being called fat, I just don't like how society sees it as always ugly and negative - I think it causes lots of damage to the mind of fat people, and our mental health should be as important as our physical health. You know, you may want to lose weight to feel better and it's great, but people shouldn't be obliged to lose weight for not being accepted -- and for not accepting themselves.And I totally want a T-shirt like that, GSP hahaha. In fact, do you girls know an online store (delivery in Europe) which sells funny t-shirts for chubby girls? As I said before, I never find tops that I like here and I do like the geek / funny / rockish style.Back

Back to business, me and my body had an agreement after the cleaning and we did pretty well :)

Breakfast:
Wholewheat bread + Laughing Cow Light Wedge + Tomato + Alfalfa / Coffee / 1/2 Apple.
Lunch: Tuna + Lots of mixed greens + Carrots + Tomatoes + Gouda Light (I was in need of a big portion just to satisfy my mind - so I got a huge salad with a small amount of calories).
Dinner: Salmon / Butternut Squash / Mixed Greens + Tofu
Snack: Banana + Cinnamon.

Calories: 1150.

I know the calorie counting is quite low, but I was satisfied after my meals. I'm planning a bit of pasta for tomorrow!

I think feminist apparel ships to Europe? I don't know how much the shipping costs, though. I think that's where I saw the "I'm not here to decorate your world" thing. They also have "Cats against catcalls," which I love. :D And for more geeky stuff, there's teefury and qwertee, both of which ship to Europe. I *think* all of those stock sizes that would fit you. I'm guessing, based on the fact that they sell shirts that definitely fit me, and you and I are pretty close in weight right now. :)

Back