Letzes' Diary

I've just read that today is No Diet Day! Is someone else "celebrating"?

No :-( :-( :-(

Currently "enjoying" dinner

image-426394293.jpg

Hey hey, another pig day! Norway has a kind of kit kat chocolate that is much better than kit kat! I read that Norwegians eat an average of 9 bars of this chocolate per year, I think I'm going to eat 9+ in 4 days. Coffee break 2 today had lots of dry fruits, de-li-ci-ous. We have 2 coffee breaks with different treats and also lunch (fish + dessert). I think I'm going to be fat and happy. Tomorrow is my presentation, glad I didn't explode and will manage to do that. I'm seriously considering the possibility of not weighing in on Monday... maybe I don't want to see any scales in my life for a long time. If I don't know, it means I didn't get it (at least until my pants fit).

I love kit Kats, esp from the fridge

Good luck with your presentation

I think if you get straight back to healthy eating, are in the zone and really focused I think it's not worth torturing yourself with a mean number on the scale as it might totally destroy your mood and resolve.

On the other hand if you are struggling to get back into the swing of things with the constant "I'll start tomo" then for me a short sharp shock on the scales is often just the shock you need to get back on it :)

Cat, pig-mode-holidays was part of the plans for May, after that, back to the healthy life with an increase in my caloric intake. I think I'm going to keep things as planned and weigh in on Monday, mainly because I want to see how the increase in calories will work. It's also a good idea to see how much you can gain when you go pig-mode for ages, it kind of gives you an idea whether it's worth or not.

I'll arrive at home Saturday night and the plan is to go back to the gym and do my groceries on Sunday :)

So, if it was a plan from the very beginning, why not keep it!? There is another pig-mode planned for birthday. I knew May was going to be full of planned pigisms. Then there is June, when I go back to my home country for a month and the only thing I know is that I'm going to join the gym there, apart from that... better not even say anything.

Cat, pig-mode-holidays was part of the plans for May, after that, back to the healthy life with an increase in my caloric intake. I think I'm going to keep things as planned and weigh in on Monday, mainly because I want to see how the increase in calories will work. It's also a good idea to see how much you can gain when you go pig-mode for ages, it kind of gives you an idea whether it's worth or not. I'll arrive at home Saturday night and the plan is to go back to the gym and do my groceries on Sunday :) So, if it was a plan from the very beginning, why not keep it!? There is another pig-mode planned for birthday. I knew May was going to be full of planned pigisms. Then there is June, when I go back to my home country for a month and the only thing I know is that I'm going to join the gym there, apart from that... better not even say anything.

Trip home is exciting - woop.

I gain 6lbs at my most gluttonous over a weekend. At 9st 6 that is basically 5% of my body weight ! And comes off again in 3 days.

When is your birthday? Mine is June 7th but I have non stop parties until then :-/

Hello girls,

The conference went very well. I watched so many interesting presentations and also had the opportunity to get some feedback about my own presentation. It was also a kind of a personal achievement. I'm in the intersection between disability studies and communication studies, this conference was about disability studies. It was great to see so many different bodies around and feel no discrimination, no stigma, just great people. It makes me realise how I should be healthy, but not obsessed about my own body.

I arrived home today and jumped on the scale. The plan was actually to take Sunday to at least give the body a diet time to lose the water, but I couldn't avoid the scale. I was too curious to check the damage. I got 2.1 kgs (4.6 lbs). I thought I would get even more, because I didn't eat as a person who is not on a diet plan, I ate as if the world was going to end (really, I am admitting it with no pride, but it is true). But even so the result made me sad and I ended up eating things that I was not going to eat today, just to give a "fatality". Now I am more focused and motivated to start again tomorrow. I have no groceries at all, but I found a supermarket nearby which is going to open and I am going to more and less buy lots of SP food (still on calorie counting, but will also use the SW's idea of speed food to help). I think the increase in calories will go well, mainly because my body is shocked with the amount of food that I ate in the past 4 days.

I am not going to update my status, because I don't want to count the weight gained as weight lost later (and also to keep the motivation). But the post is here to register that what enters your body, stays in your double chin and thighs.

Healthy-me comes back again tomorrow :D

Hello!

The day went almost as expected! I went to the gym in the morning and thought that the supermarket would be opened until 18:00, but, well, I was wrong. When I came back from the gym and checked the address I saw that it was going to close in 10 minutes. I still tried to go (perhaps Google was wrong), but I just had the chance to hear the girls saying that the entrance was not allowed. So, I couldn't buy my groceries decently and ended up going to a small version of a large chain of supermarkets. It seems everything is more expensive there, thus I bought some essentials and will finish my groceries tomorrow.

Even so the food was super good :)
I was missing all the thinking and counting and cooking.

Breakfast: Wholewheat bread + Laughing Cow + Tomatoes / Egg / Coffee.
Snack: I should have had a snacked here, but I was looking for a supermarket.
Lunch: Tuna + Corn / Red Beans / Mixed Greens + Tomatoes + Light Mozzarella / Apple.
Snack: Whey + Almond Milk.
Dinner: Tuna + Butternut Squash + Onion / Red Beans / Mixed Greens + Tomatoes + Light Mozzarella / Pear.
Snack: Whey + Almond Milk (still to be).

Calories: 1365 - the plan is to go to the 1400-1500 range and it was all good when I planned yesterday, I could even reach the 100% vitamins and minerals for most things, but then... no groceries.
I'm still a bit afraid of this increase and will control the weight closely this week. Also because of the massive gain, I want to see whether it goes fast or not.

And here is the day in pictures:

DSC_0476.JPGDSC_0478.JPGDSC_0469.JPGDSC_0479.JPG

Last edited:
Straight back on plan and id call that quite a modest gain really. Will fall off in no time. Glad your presentation went well ;-)

Straight back on plan and id call that quite a modest gain really. Will fall off in no time. Glad your presentation went well ;-)

I wouldn't call it modest hahaha, it was very kind of you. But I enjoyed my time (and the Norwegian chocolate). You girls must try if you go there:
kvikk-lunsj.jpg

Also cat, I forgot to reply about my birthday, it's on May 26th, but I don't have any party planned. I'm quite lonely here, my friends and family are all in Brazil. I just want to please myself with a fast food feast and that's it. I don't even tell people that's my birthday. I don't complain about being lonely, I am a bit (totally) introverted and in fact prefer to be on my own than among crowds.

--

I updated my status with the massive gain, so sad I'm no longer below the 90's, it was a kind of accomplishment (nothing compared when I went below the 100kgs and felt as person who wouldn't break furniture).
I'll be there again soon. Maybe not so soon, as I realised that weight is not going to drop as fast as it came, but that's ok. I'm now at a point in which I want to enjoy eating and dieting at the same time, so I'm not going to go back to the 1200 calories nor try a crazy-diet just to lose the weight gained. After all my readings, here and elsewhere, I concluded that 1500 calories is a healthy amount which still allows weight loss.

I always check everybody's diaries and see that many of you can still have a treat almost daily. Like a piece of chocolate or something like that.
I kind of limit myself on that aspect and I think it's one of the main reasons why I eat as if the world was going to end during pig-mode, because then I think that I won't be able to eat again for ages.
So, I'm going to introduce small treats on my plan as well :)
I'm going to try to find treats that are not so packed in calories today when doing my groceries!

Hi hun

Don't worry about your small gain, that will whooshie away in no time! :)

I have a treat in the evening as part of SW's syns - so i can have a chocolate bar and some cheese - great idea, really, because then it (usually) stops me from eating loads of rubbish! Well, that's the theory....:D

I love theories, Susie. This is why I became a researcher. So, I'm going to adopt it!
I bought a pack of KitKat, just because the Norwegian chocolate activated my sweet-tooth so much, and now I'm going to monitor my days to always leave some space for a treat when I want one.

Today has been good so far! Lots of exercise! I thought I would go back to the gym and be unable to jog again because of the 4 days stop, but nah, I'm at my best (which is like the best an unfit person can be).

b5e7b5ac4448f81fb2fce75459c94ae3.jpg

Well done, getting right back into it! I always feel like it takes me a week to recover after a holiday with indulging. :D

Can you believe that I was missing it? I also had decided that I'd increase my calories after the holiday, so it gave me more numbers to play with, which makes me happy and anxious to try. I even feel that I am eating a lot (even though it's a lot of veggies and fruits).

Let's give my report of the day. It was good so far, but I'm still a bit afraid of totally increase the calories, so I didn't even reach the 1300. It was also because I'd have a night snack, but I'm still feeling full after dinner and don't want it (ok, I want it, but I'm trying to respect my "feeling full" sense).

As you might have perceived, my menus are pretty repetitive, but today I had chocolate (hihihi).

Breakfast: Wholewheat Bread + Laughing Cow LW + Tomatoes + Alfalfa / Coffee / Apple.
Snack: Whey + Almond Milk.
Lunch: Tuna + Onion + Butternut Squash / Mixed Greens + Corn / Red Beans.
Snack: Raspberries + Fromage 0% / Kitkat (2 fingers).
Dinner: Tuna Pie (Broccoli + Tuna for the dough / Laughing Cow + Corn + Tomatoes for the filling) / Mixed Greens / Kitkat (the other 2 fingers).

Calories: 1275.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day as I have to start AND finish a paper whose deadline I got wrong (thought it was for 30th May but it's for this week). Usually when I have to do things like that, I power myself with LOTS of treats. Will see how I'm going to manage - perhaps coffee, lots of coffee with stevia (which is not as good as coffee with sugar).

I didn't realise you had a diary lovely, here to subscribe :) x

Back