Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Sunday 10th Nov

Forum etiquette

I love this forum. I hope the creators get lots of money in the same way I am pleased that J K Rowling made her millions from Harry Potter. Those that help others, whether it's helping us become skinny minis or improving the literacy of children around the world be encouraging them to PUT DOWN THE XBOX CONTROLLER AND READ, deserve to be successful. Inspirational sports men and women too, although I do balk at the sheer salaries of some of those footballers. £250k a week plus!! I'd have a job to spend that. Don't get me wrong I'd give it a flipping good go but still.

Anyway I digress.

I like to help people. If I know the answer to something, or think I do I'll venture to assist in a query. I have syns online at my finger tips due to using the app so its a screen flick away. However so so many people lately either ask a question and don't bother to return to find out the answer or do and don't acknowledge that they have done so. Now don't get me wrong, I'll take the time to do it because A its nice to be nice and B I learn something from doing so. Therefore it's not about the thanks or the 'likes' BUT in the same way that discourteous drivers annoy me mildly when they don't acknowledge you giving way to them or pulling in to let them pass, the lack of just a hand wave (or pixelated equivalent) is, to put it plainly, a little rude. You may ask, well why does she bother? Well for the reasons I stated above and the fact that as a teacher it's is well ingrained into me that the smallest thing to improve another's knowledge is worth it.

Also I have never been able to ignore a ringing phone and leaving an unanswered question is much the same!!!

Sunday 10th Nov

A dilemma of epic proportions

You are live in the LTL house, please do not swear....

I have a choice to make. Maybe you can help me. My husband wants a fry up tonight...something that amounts to a 'grill up' in this house and we both have the SW friendly version so that's not a problem. However earlier I treated all of us to a little naughty something at sainsburys. Husband wants proper sausages tonight rather than quorn. So my options are:

A - Have the asda sausages at 1.5 syns each (this will total 6 because I'm a greedy cow where sausages are concerned)
B - Have the Turkish Delight bar for 9 syns and cook myself the quorn low fat sausages for free?

having both isn't an option because I need 3 syns for EVOO for my actifry chips.

Soooo....what you would do? What goes....YOU decide??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Sunday 10th Nov A dilemma of epic proportions You are live in the LTL house, please do not swear.... I have a choice to make. Maybe you can help me. My husband wants a fry up tonight...something that amounts to a 'grill up' in this house and we both have the SW friendly version so that's not a problem. However earlier I treated all of us to a little naughty something at sainsburys. Husband wants proper sausages tonight rather than quorn. So my options are: A - Have the asda sausages at 1.5 syns each (this will total 6 because I'm a greedy cow where sausages are concerned) B - Have the Turkish Delight bar for 9 syns and cook myself the quorn low fat sausages for free? having both isn't an option because I need 3 syns for EVOO for my actifry chips. Soooo....what you would do? What goes....YOU decide??

I vote B, you get the best of both worlds ;)

Sunday 10th Nov

In keeping with my post

Thank you for your contributions! I'm going with B. I know the choc choice is a bit 1985 but I normally have green & blacks and fancied a change that was easily limited as it was small and there was nothing else plain chocolate to choose from :(

Looking forward to dinner now!! yum yum

x

Sunday 10th Nov

In keeping with my post

Thank you for your contributions! I'm going with B. I know the choc choice is a bit 1985 but I normally have green & blacks and fancied a change that was easily limited as it was small and there was nothing else plain chocolate to choose from :(

Looking forward to dinner now!! yum yum

x

Hi :), I hope you don't mind but just wanted to know, how many syns is green and blacks ? Thanks.

Kay xx

Depends which you buy but generally 1 syn per square of the normal sized blocks. Mmmm burnt toffee.

Thanks, haven't tried burnt toffee but defo will :p . I love green and blacks. My next question is, how does one stop themselves from having more than a square ? :D lol

Kay xx

Thanks, haven't tried burnt toffee but defo will :p . I love green and blacks. My next question is, how does one stop themselves from having more than a square ? :D lol

Kay xx

ahh now you see therein lies the willpower. I normally break off however many squares I am allowed and put the rest away. Fast!!!

Subscribed too....you had me at "Not very maternal" me neither which is often frowned upon as I am a 36 year old mother of two!
Although I started young, my eldest is 21 and youngest 14 :)

Along with 1 fiancé, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a multitude of fish!

The only reason being two children is I was an only child and vowed I'd not do the same to my own! The first one was shall we say a little unexpected :0)

I too study law (well, I work in it too) and I love your wit and humour :0)

I started SW for the first time last week and is far I'm bloody impressed!

Good luck and I shall be popping in regularly x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sunday 10th Nov

Mug Shot

No I've not been arrested. These seem, along with Mullerlight, to be a staple of the Slimming World diet. When I started I ate loads of these. Then I stopped because, let's face it they go with NOTHING. I also stopped buying Mullerlights too. Two reasons for that. 1 - they are heinously expensive even on offer and 2 - unless you are American (apparently you have large fridges?) or have a whacking great SMEG fridge they are a total beeatch to store. On that note if you DO have a large SMEG I hate you because I'm jealous. If you are American AND have a large SMEG fridge, well for me that's just stereotype information overload. Throw in an ice maker set in the door and I'm finished.

So today was a hungry day. Weirdly it didn't start that way. I actually forgot to eat breakfast until 10.45!!! It went downhill from there and I was looking forward to my "grill up" but was ravenous so I knocked up a BBQ beef mug shot mid-arvo, knowing that fruit wouldn't cut. I had had 5 grapes and had sniffed a banana an hour previous. Anyway I went through the usual ritual. Boiled kettle (obvs!), poured, stirred, waited 5 mins and ate. Now maybe the influx of fresh unadulterated food(who is actually cheating on their food I ask you) has changed my taste buds. Or maybe I got a dodgy one but my god it was REVOLTING. It tasted, quite simply, of nothing natural that I have ever eaten and the closest it's ever come to a cow, or a BBQ for that matter is when someone dropped a packet down the seasonal foods and accessories aisle last summer. Bleurgh.

Next time I'll boil myself an egg!!!

I love your humour and style of writing :D You've made me laugh out loud multiple times already so, in the interests of keeping my spirits up, (if not keeping my job seeing as I'm reading this from work ;) ) I'm going to have to subscribe :)

I love your humour and style of writing :D You've made me laugh out loud multiple times already so, in the interests of keeping my spirits up, (if not keeping my job seeing as I'm reading this from work ;) ) I'm going to have to subscribe :)

Ahh thanks. I'm glad I made you smile :)

I too had just the one child. A daughter who's all grown up now. I really don't think I could have coped with anymore and I'm full of admiration for all those who do. The OH and his sister were at loggerheads from the day she was born and I dreaded this happening if we presented DD with a brother or sister. (OH and sister have had no contact since their last remaining parent died nearly 25 years ago - that's how bad their relationship is). Yes, I did all the 'mummy things' but my favourite was reading to her and boy, did I read! Fortunately, she loved it, and still does love reading but I hated having to put my book down to deal with something as whatever it was seemed to happen at a most exciting/important/thrilling part of the story! Apparently DD did complain to OH about the amount of time I spent with my head in a book. I still do - I read where others watch TV.

I'm a librarian so I'm also wired up to research things and provide answers but I very rarely do on this forum partly because I'm a DIYer and don't want to give duff information. I agree about acknowledging help - it only takes a moment to thank someone who has gone to considerable trouble.

I've already learned to be careful about where I read your posts as I've laughed out loud more than once!

(And for the record - I would also go for Quorn sausages and chocolate)!

I liked your post. It resonated with me on a few levels. Not least the reading! Have you heard of good reads? Its a website to share your book experiences and write reviews and so on and so forth. It's very good. I find reviewing a book after I have read it really gives me a chance to mull over what I have enjoyed (or not). Check it out if you haven't already! If you sign up let me know and we can be book worms together :)

Plus you may enjoy my reviews as I apply a similar, although slightly less tongue in cheek style ;)

Last edited:
Monday 11th November

Remembrance Day

I forgot. Don't think the irony escapes me. I missed the 11 o'clock moment, although thinking back, I was avoiding speaking to anyone in the staffroom at that point so technically DID observe the silence... I had bought a poppy though. Then I lost that (stupid pins - Ive never managed to go the week just buying ONE poppy) so I bought one of the nicer lapel pins...puncturing the wax on my precious limited edition Barbour in order to wear it. But they died for our country so the it's the least I could do. Never mind that it cost £300!

Has anyone seen the modern alternative to a Poppy? Those rubber bracelets? What the well dressed 12 year old is wearing in 2013. Guarantee I'll be seeing those in class well after November has long gone. In fact they will be around until the next charity drive that brings a brighter, more lurid version to replace this relatively tasteful offering.

I wouldnt mind but I asked one of my year 10s what it represented and she didn't have a clue. She just liked the flowers!!!

Hello! I'm subscribing too, love your wit and I too have similar issues with binge eating. Look forwards to reading your journey

Back