Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

@solange Online to be fair is rubbish considering the cost is pretty much the same as group. I don't like group much so although I have gone inhave always done online and used it until it runs out and then leaned heavily on my minimins friends to keep my motivation.

However you get all of that with group including the online access plus the camaraderie (if you can get to one / have the time / like that kind of thing) the shop to purchase books and treats and all the stickers and certificates you desire. PLUS with group, once at target it's free to attend. With online you get nada and keep on paying for the privilege.

So why keep going back to online considering that damning review? I'm very bloody minded and if I have laid out X amount for a handbook and access to the online syns database (pretty much all you get) then I will bloody well make sure I get some sort of money's worth so it does keep me on track in a really masochistic type of way.

@Poppet12 ill be very interested to follow the hypnotherapy progress. I'm definitely feeling the benefit of even the app which is interesting because at £4.99 it was a whole lot cheaper than a few sessions with the therapist I saw at £60 a pop!!

For some it works and some it doesn't and being receptive is a large part. We have a lot of learned behaviours and habits that we can unlearn with some assistance. I see it as a bit of a support thing, to boost my willpower essentially. It will be interesting when I get to the actual op sessions. Another ten days or so of stage one and then stage 2 is "pre-op" but even if that doesn't work and I don't eat less per se I will have still gained some positive habits :)

Wow! There's some geographical differences for you- I only pay £25 a pop thank heavens- no way could I afford £60 a time!
I'll keep you posted :) Have another session on Friday and I do look forward to it (even if it's just cos I get to sit quietly for half an hour!)
Would be interested to hear how you're going on with it too. £4.99 is a lot in app-terms but it's excellent value if you're benefitting.
I am all for changing learned behaviour, I just worry about whether hypno is enough. All the undergrad cognitive psychology has a lot to answer for! X

Haha and there is me banging on about the brain learning habits to a blinking cognitive psychology grad. You must be like "yeah yeah that was the FIRST semester"

I've dropped 5lb since using it and haven't really thought about food in the same longing desperate way at all. It's weird. I know I'm receptive....I'm also an advertisers wet dream because as soon as I see something I want it. Clearly I'm a bit open to ideas (gullible) ;)

I've read some good reviews on gastric band hypnosis apps back a long. But I believe it has to be a long term thing and not just do it for 6 weeks then your 'cured'. Perhaps I should give it a go as my eating has got really bad and can't seem to stop. :rolleyes: Stress related which if I have no control over I usually let it go but it's not getting any answers from when I'm having things done which is annoying me.
I must look on ebay to see how much these Slimming World directories go for as I have the 2016 one and the 2016 snack book one. No point in me keeping them so might as well make a bit of money off them.:)

I think half terms should be longer and shorten Summer holiday as it's already Thursday and I've done nothing.:(

It was £60 when I went last year to have some reiki treatment. I had 3 sessions which looking back was a waste of money as at the end of the day my problem was the gallbladder.Nothing the reiki person could repair.

Ha not at all! It feels like a long time ago!
It seems to be working well though and I'm sure you're right that some people are more susceptible. I'm guilty of overthinking which I need to work on.
I agree, this half term has definitely been unproductive so far and I've got plans over the next few days so whilst it will be nice to see people and do stuff, I really should have knuckled down this week.
That's such a shame Mary, I hope they were at least enjoyable if not curative!

I don't really know much about reiki? What does it involve @craftermary?

I'm happy to continue listening to the app for as long as it takes. It's no hardship to pop my headphones in as I go to sleep and it stops me tossing and turning so that is a bonus! I've just realised there are post op sessions too and they run for 6 weeks and then whenever you need them. So it's a fortnight of stage one. A fortnight of pre op. A week of op sessions or a fortnight if done every other day and then 6 weeks of post op. Quite involved but if it helps that will take me pretty much to Christmas so if I can get into my Christmas dress by then I will consider it a success!!!!

@Poppet12 I enjoyed the hour just lying on the couch and fallen sleep. :) It wasn't a complete waste of money or time as we got to discuss some other issues and put them all to rest. Something which happened on here before it closed which was due to someone out to get me. I learnt a lot about me and how those who I thought were 'friends' were just hanger ons.

Anyway the sun is shining and I've already been out on my bike. Must not sit here or I will still be here come 12 o'clock.:D

reiki a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient's body and restore physical and emotional well-being.

It was so strange or funny as I thought it was that when she was taking the bad energy out of me she would keep burping.

Sounds interesting and by the sounds of it it works as a form of spoken therapy as well as the alternative therapy aspects? Sounds like it did some positive things for you and put a lot of the nastiness to rest which is good

Is it something you would consider again? I've already got my listening in today when little one napped and so I'll manage it twice today if I listen again at bed time. It says a minimum of once a day so twice has to be good.

half term has flown. Today is our "rest" day as we have had things planned for every other day. Tomorrow we are driving up to Buckinghamshire to see family for the day. Going early and coming back late. I'm totally relinquishing control of food which is a real flash point for me so will be a test of the effectiveness of the app!!!

Rest days are my favourite :) I always feel terribly guilty at first but once I get over that, it's much better!
I'm a bit perturbed by the burping Mary but whatever works! Interestingly I have back massages every now and then when the tension has built. The massage therapist also practices reiki and when OH went for his back sorting, he asked me if she often burped when doing mine. Maybe there's something in that!

Thanks so much for the advice ladies. Sounds like a bit of a rip off to do online sw! Will look at what Poppet pointed out that you very kindly have put out advice for newbies LTL. Grateful thanks. x :)

Hello @lickthelid hope you're ok :)
Sounds like you're all prepared for the next few days and that you're definitely on it!
I have been reading everything that you're doing with such interest, about 5 years ago I tried a slimpod and unfortunately it didn't work for me but I didn't half enjoy falling asleep to the lovely soothing talking and it made me a lot more confident!
Anyhoo, just popping on to see how you are, have a fab rest of the week!!

Ruth
X

Back