Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Great to see you back Sam. Your humour has been missed.

I wonder if it wasn't just the end of your SW membership which caused the slip - up but also the fact that you were beginning to feel more 'normal'? If I remember correctly you were beginning to get compliments and felt more 'at ease' with yourself. Perhaps you needed time to come to terms with this and to accept the 'new you' before you could move on? It's well worth making a list of reasons for continuing to lose weight as they most likely won't be exactly the same as they were when you first started out on this journey.

Enough philosophising for now - I'm off to search out these fantastic-sounding new teas!

yes yes yes!! ^^this^^

nail.on.head

I never thought of it like that. Looking back you are soooo right patty. Amazing

I have this too. I'm at my low normal weight (16st, so not very low but not seen that number for ages), my clothes are loose, I need new bras and I've had a few positive comments.

Aren't our brains silly. I know my body will move more easily if it's smaller. I think it's also the 'I've been here before thing.' I don't want to lose weight and rebound but I still like wine and sweeties and giving them up is hard.

Monday 24th Feb

Tough Talking

The more I thought about the more I realised Patty was so right. See THIS place is the place where all the founts of knowledge hide.

I gave myself a strict talking too. Yes I'm happier. Yes I get the odd compliment. Yes I can sit sideways in the bath to avoid the tap when little one wants me to get in with her (weird?) but am I finished? I think, before, I thought maybe I was but actually, Sam, NO YOU ARE NOT! Can I wear a dress without worrying about my genetically over large calves? No (this may never happen, it's my dads fault genes-wise), would I be happy to be seen in a swimming costume unless fully submerged in the wet stuff? No. Can I jump up and down without a 2 second delay in other areas of my body? No.

Then STOP RUINING ALL YOU HARD WORK AND GET ON WITH IT YOU SELF INDULGENT MARE!!

seems to have worked anyway..... ;)

Glad I was able to help!

I found I had sticking points at various times on my weight-loss journey because I was so pleased with the state I'd reached that I was tempted to stay there - except I didn't. 'Little treats' started slipping in and the weight started to go up again and it took time to realise - really, really realise - that I had to stick with SW principles for most of the time just to maintain. After a short period, I would realise that I wasn't actually happy with where I was, so I'd start all over again. Yes, I do have slip-ups and odd times when I wonder if it's all worth while, but they don't last long before I know that yes, it is worth the effort because I'm slimmer and healthier than I've been for many years and, importantly, my relationship with food has improved.

I'm trying to maintain now but I'm fairly relaxed about it. I've just had a week away and enjoyed food and drink without stressing about a gain - which I did get - as I know what to do to get rid of it again. And I've made a start on getting rid of it. A slim person gains and loses naturally - we have to use what tools we have (i.e. SW principles) to make sure we do that.

You sound determined so I have no doubt you'll get the result you want. Maybe you won't get the slim calves you'd like anymore than I'll get the slim thighs I would like - but they will end up slimmer than they were when you started!

Hi. I am popping in to sub. Hello. Loving your sense of humour! You have done amazingly well so far. Look forward to seeing you disappear even more !

Ah thanks Anju :bighug: and welcome to my mental wanderings. Its a bumpy ride :)

so it appears that Pattys insight and my strict talking to (by myself) had an effect. 3lbs off this week so I am now officially at the lowest weight that I can actually remember being. Honestly. In living memory, since records began. I am hoping this is the restart of that downwards slope I found myself on before Crimbo.

The annoying thing being that one more oz would have made it 4lb! Argh but I can't allow myself to dwell on that and instead see a positive in that it hopefully guarantees at least 1lb off next Wednesday! Then I get my 3.5 stone banner too. Yay. On some levels I think its sad that I am excited about being able to post a little pixelated banner into my signature, but on the other hand I take my jollies where I can find them!

So it's off to soft play today so little one can burn off some energy....always a nice sit back and relax experience. Until I get dragged on the bouncy castle. Good for testing the pelvic floor at least.....

Ah thanks Anju :blush:and welcome to my mental wanderings. Its a bumpy ride :)

so it appears that Pattys insight and my strict talking to (by myself) had an effect. 3lbs off this week so I am now officially at the lowest weight that I can actually remember being. Honestly. In living memory, since records began. I am hoping this is the restart of that downwards slope I found myself on before Crimbo.

The annoying thing being that one more oz would have made it 4lb! Argh but I can't allow myself to dwell on that and instead see a positive in that it hopefully guarantees at least 1lb off next Wednesday! Then I get my 3.5 stone banner too. Yay. On some levels I think its sad that I am excited about being able to post a little pixelated banner into my signature, but on the other hand I take my jollies where I can find them!

So it's off to soft play today so little one can burn off some energy....always a nice sit back and relax experience. Until I get dragged on the bouncy castle. Good for testing the pelvic floor at least.....

Well done on the 3 pounds :)

Thanks RaeRae :)

how has group been so far? When is your first full week up with Wi?

Thanks RaeRae :)

how has group been so far? When is your first full week up with Wi?

Go to my next group Saturday so we'll see. Did have some renewed motivation after the first class. Told her I'd been following sw online so even if I lost a pound, I'd be happy. Due on on Saturday though so we shall see what the scales think about that xx

It's almost weird seeing figures like that on the scales. I think I had convinced myself that I was always going to be heavy. :)

lots of bouncy castle and running around today which is nice. Knackered now though!!!!!

Go to my next group Saturday so we'll see. Did have some renewed motivation after the first class. Told her I'd been following sw online so even if I lost a pound, I'd be happy. Due on on Saturday though so we shall see what the scales think about that xx

Thats quite exciting actually. I'm interested to see if that added motivation from group that so many swear by does actually work!! X

Thats quite exciting actually. I'm interested to see if that added motivation from group that so many swear by does actually work!! X

Very exciting but scarey too! Like you, I've never been to group (I don't do well in large groups) but from what I've read on here Groups seem to be very variable.

Very exciting but scarey too! Like you, I've never been to group (I don't do well in large groups) but from what I've read on here Groups seem to be very variable.
Yes I think if you get a good one it could mean all the difference in the world. I'm lucky I have the best group at minimins!

Hi Sam! Well done on the 3lb, that's fantastic! I suspect that has helped with the motivation too! xx

Oh yes, very much so!! It's breaking the cycle of gain or STS, get annoyed, eat in defiance, gain or STS, get annoyed.....

Well done on the 3lb and getting over the hump!
I'm really jealous of that bouncy castle...

Back