Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

That is SO FUNNY!

Did you get someone to come in and shout instructions from the toilet? "Come on Patty! Give it a bit of welly!" etc?

I hope you were wearing verucca socks?

Oh this is my favourite diary of them all - honestly, everyone here is barking mad! ;)
why do you only hope she was wearing verruca socks? I'm hoping for a wetsuit and snorkel.

Well I'll be expecting feedback on your bruises!!

It is but I'm having another go tonight. If it hurts too much I'll stop and try again tomorrow. Funny, the bruising is one sided. Maybe I'll go the other way this time and get a matching pair!!!

********* pops out to buy some Tena ladies as she cant stop giggling lol

Evening Sam - ouch to the bruises hopefully with practice you wont get them for much longer lol x

I've come to the conclusion that I should have built up my time. It just felt so ....easy. I tried tonight but it hurt too much :( I'll try again tomorrow!!

Thanks I will!! I put a chiropractic ice pack on there last night and that's brought it out and it's fading. When I can do it again I'll be building up in 5 min increments instead of just doing as long as possible. I'm hoping my pilates DVD will show up today so I can at least do that whilst I'm healing haha.

Saturday 26th April

Obsessed? Moi?

Went into TK MAXX yesterday for a browse and wandered into the gravitational orbit of the homeware department. My soup flask and multi-compartmented lunch box is now supplemented with an insulated lunch bag and a sistema microwaveable soup mug with clicky vent. Lunch times are taking over my life.

Also the husband has offered to pay for a juice cleanse 5 day course for my birthday and I am very tempted to take him up on the offer!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    846.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I have one of those soup mugs - they are really good!

I tested it at lunch with my home made soup. Very impressed :)

Those soup mugs are very watertight too. Mine was left full of soup rolling around the floor of the car for a weekend (was the last thing on my mind after my daughter was rushed into hospital) and no leakage at all. Daughter was ok by the way, was bad IBS rather than the appendicitis first suspected...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ive had a pants food day today - woke up this morning totally not feeling SW at all dont know why!! Ive been out with daughter who is 20 weeks pregnant, she and my OH wanted sarnies and sausage rolls from Greggs so whilst there I thought I may as well have a sarnie too, A massive half stottie bread with tuna and cucumber. Wholemeal bread with lemoncurd for brekki and 2 big snack a jacks, then smoked cod and SW chips for tea, which whilst cooking I ate a saveloy!!

Not like me and ill be back on it tomorrow - but bleughh today. xx

I love listening to you Sheila, you remind me of family back 'up norf' as LTL says. I've not heard 'Stottie' for a while I don't think anyone south of the border actually know what a stottie is or looks like. Hope you're having a better day :D

Good grief woman, what were you actually doing with that thing!?

It seems you need to take a couple of days off to heal Hula Hoop Bruising: Hooping Black and Bluehooping.org | hooping.org and don't go for the knee hula hooping yet!! (if at all :D)

that article (and the picture) made me feel better haha. It's going down as a result of the ice last night. Reckon I'll be having another try tonight but going the opposite way.

I love listening to you Sheila, you remind me of family back 'up norf' as LTL says. I've not heard 'Stottie' for a while I don't think anyone south of the border actually know what a stottie is or looks like. Hope you're having a better day

I have NO IDEA what stottie is but I didn't like to ask. I presumed it was something bread related??

Those soup mugs are very watertight too. Mine was left full of soup rolling around the floor of the car for a weekend (was the last thing on my mind after my daughter was rushed into hospital) and no leakage at all. Daughter was ok by the way, was bad IBS rather than the appendicitis first suspected...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thats good and very useful to know!! Glad your daughter was ok!

Last edited:
Lol a Stottie is bread its a northern thing

Stottie.jpg stottie 1.jpg They are lushhhhhhh along with ham and pease pudding (another northern delicacy) pease pudd.jpg

I love listening to you Sheila, you remind me of family back 'up norf' as LTL says. I've not heard 'Stottie' for a while I don't think anyone south of the border actually know what a stottie is or looks like. Hope you're having a better day :D

Awww bless ya hun lol - I adore the stuff with ham and pease pudding :D the stotties are just not good for the waistline lol

Back