Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Ok here we go. I took a control in usual attire of jeans and tshirt and then followed on with the midi dress and wedges (I hate my calves! But am hoping the wedges disguise them!?) and then the maxi. Both by Cynthia Rowley. Opinions on a postcard please!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

You look really lovely, even your calves! Loving both dresses, the colours really suit you x

Ah thanks. I know the calves are worse in my mind. I mean MY calves, I don't have another set in my mind. That would be weird. :) I love the colours too, I'm just finding the balls to wear them out in the real world!! Haha

Wish I was taller as maxi dresses look stupid on a short a**.

Love the maxi dress.And who cares what others think what you look like(you do look stunning in them).If you are comfortable wearing it,wear it.:)
I know, I don't care what they think as such it's more that I have NEVER been able to dress that feminine so it may take a while to feel comfortable in something other than denim ha!

thanks for the lovely comments everyone. I'm pleased they got a positive reception :) maybe I have found a new summer style, you never know I may opt for a straw hat next and go all sienna miller on you all ;)

3rd pic is my favourite as you're SMILING :D

You look gorge. Well done you xxx

I was aiming for sultry haha. Thanks Kimberley :) very nice of you. How's it going?

ooh forgot to mention i'm joining a group next wed. I'm going to shift the last stone/stone and a half in group so it becomes free to maintain. Otherwise the online becomes expensive but I'm scared that without it is fall back into old habits!!

Looking good LTL! Think it's a great idea to join a group

I hope so. I know it gets slower the closer you get so hopefully this will give me the impetus!

Love the dresses!

Forget about your calves; they're nowhere near as bad as you imply. As you're unhappy about them, rejoice that you can cover them up whereas I have great difficulty trying to disguise my saddlebag thighs. (Big sigh)

Congratulations on joining a group - it's something I wish I'd done when I still had 7lbs or so to go as, like you, I'd have liked the continued 'accountability' now I'm at target.

Thanks Patty, the calves are the bane of my life and I know they are probably worse to me but they are the one thing I think I will never be wholly comfortable with regardless. We all have our problem zones. I'm really curious to see how going to group may help me shift the last stone and a bit. The added bonus of it being free WHEN I hit target is an added bonus. Up until now I haven't had the time to go to a meeting but it so happens that my schedule has changed slightly so I can squeeze in a wed eve. I want to get to target for when I go away. I still have my size 12 swim suit hanging up for inspiration.

We go to center parcs on the 25th July so I have two months to shift just over a stone. That's an average of 2lb a week so it's tight but I'll actually settle for being in the 11s tbh!!

ooh forgot to mention i'm joining a group next wed. I'm going to shift the last stone/stone and a half in group so it becomes free to maintain. Otherwise the online becomes expensive but I'm scared that without it is fall back into old habits!!

I think that's a great idea. Although I'm not a group animal, the group itself helps me to stay focused I think. Knowing that those scales are looming is helpful, positive peer pressure :)

Did you go yesterday? Or is it next Weds you're going? If you've already gone, how was it?

I haven't worn a dress since my wedding back in 1987.:eek:
If I'm going anywhere it's always skirt and blouse.I do own 4 dresses now and still haven't worn them.:rolleyes:

Same here. Not the wedding dress, for me it was in my childhood that I last wore a dress. Quite a tomboy growing up and now I just cannot wear dresses, I'm so out of proportion in them because I'm so short. So I'm both vertically and horizontally challenged. Very bad combo.

Isn't it funny the things we worry about, you have fab legs, but obviously it's not about what anyone else thinks is it?

The dresses look great, I love the blue one, the look really suits you.

Good luck at the class. :) x

Looks great! No reason whatsoever you shouldn't wear those out and feel good. (You have lovely skin too btw!)

I'm going to start next Wednesday :) I've officially told SW re my online membership. I'm weirdly quite excited to go along. A friend is swapping groups to come to this one with me too so that's also a bonus.

Thanks for for all the lovely comments. :) I feel a lot more confident now!! X

I can be confident in many ways. Some may say I am very opinionated and I am normally confident in that. It's just those bleddy calves. I can thank my dad for those. Fecking genes

My organic veg box gets delivered today. I'm at work so will hopefully find it waiting for me when I get in. Quite excited. Does that make me sad?

Back