Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Alongside the 'Body Magic' cringiness, I hate the word 'syns' as well ... all that gumph about it standing for 'synergy' LOL - have you ever heard such rubbish? Is 'synergy' even a real word? (says the woman who just invented 'cringiness' ;) )

I really don't like avocado - it's that texture thing again ... anything vaguely slimy or floury (baked beans, whole chickpeas, floury apples, haricot beans etc) and I just gag. Olives though ... oh God I miss just popping a whole jar of olives!!

Alongside the 'Body Magic' cringiness, I hate the word 'syns' as well ... all that gumph about it standing for 'synergy' LOL - have you ever heard such rubbish? Is 'synergy' even a real word? (says the woman who just invented 'cringiness' ;) )

I really don't like avocado - it's that texture thing again ... anything vaguely slimy or floury (baked beans, whole chickpeas, floury apples, haricot beans etc) and I just gag. Olives though ... oh God I miss just popping a whole jar of olives!!

God I hate the saying body magic as well and refuse to ever use it! It is exercise and there is nothing magic about it, you go out and sweat your butt off and you maybe lose a little extra weight if you are lucky! I also always think of the word syns to mean that I have sinned as well which sometimes leads to a full out binge, funny how the mind works!

Didn't it used to be "sins" rather than "syns" back in the day? I'm sure they used to be listed on harvester menus as that? I suppose they changed it to be less "catholic guilt" ;)

So sad about Robin Williams. Found out about his death in the night when little one woke us up and husband checked sky news. Told me when I came back in. I was totally gutted. As a child of the 80s he was a massive tv presence and I grew up watching him on both big and little screen.
So sad

So sad. I loved Mork and Mindy when I was a teenager, and he just got better and better from there.

I know what you mean. Grew up with Robin Williams. So many great films - Mrs Doubtfire, Dead Poets Society, Good Morning Vietnam.... Such a sad loss

The less said about Bicentennial Man the better. Very sad though, yes...

I agree about Robin Williams. :( And re syns, I have renamed them points for the catholic guilt reason!

And I prefer to call it 'moving' rather than body magic.

Sad news indeed :(

Sam ... there is a feature in today's Graun about sourdough bread - which linked to a previous feature (that I must have missed) about gluten free baking (oat 'pastry' that can incorporate heb for example :D ), http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ecipes-need-know-about-great-british-bake-off and the feature led to links etc, etc, etc (can you tell that my day has been slow up until now? LOL)... one of which is this awesome site and vegetarian/gluten free cookbook - I immediately thought of you! my darling lemon thyme: my book

Thanks Molly, that's looks like my kinda book. She quotes Jude Bleureau too, I have her book already and its great :) its a small literary world. I shall be exploring that site thoroughly. Amazeballs. X

Hi Sam, I'm here to subscribe and join in if I may?

Re the avocado...IMO it's an acquired taste. About 22 yrs ago I met a very nice man who (2nd date) invited me to his place for a meal. He served:
Starter...avocado...I'd never tasted it before. I copied him and sprinkled brown sugar on it and some vinegar. Can't say I enjoyed it very much but after a couple more at other times I really got the taste for it! And for him...I married him! :D

Yes body magic...is not a term I use, it's just means exercise to me. And YES...sins are syns...!! and sometimes 15 isn't very many a day!!

Thanks Molly, those links re gluten free were good...shall have a good read very soon. Gluten isn't my friend and together with no dairy or meat hasn't made SW easy but we manage.

Hi Janet and welcome! I had another go with your tilapia question but I admit to being confused!! Easily done in my case ;)

I still haven't re-tried avocado yet. I will make a point this week!! That story was so sweet, and all over avocado :) x

I'm still convinced that it's just simply that they don't list all varieties. Its unlikely that tilapia is so different in its nutritional makeup that it can't be a HEXB more likely that they don't list all types of fish. I did a bit of clicking around on my online food diary and it doesn't make sense. I've replied again on the other thread. Would be interested to hear what they come back with?

although some deeper research (I love a research project) shows it to be significantly lower in omegas 3 & 6 than other fish. This is what's "good" about fish I suppose so could be a reason for its exclusion?

i copied this :

"Compared with other fish, farmed tilapia contains relatively small amounts of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids, the fish oils that are the main reasons doctors recommend eating fish frequently; salmon has more than 10 times the amount of tilapia. Also, farmed tilapia contains a less healthful mix of fatty acids because the fish are fed corn and soy instead of lake plants and algae, the diet of wild tilapia.

“It may look like fish and taste like fish but does not have the benefits — it may be detrimental,” said Dr. Floyd Chilton, a professor of physiology and pharmacology at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center who specializes in fish lipids."

i know its only t'internet but it's not the only evidence I found suggesting it.

Back