Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Oooo.... weigh ins are always exciting... good luck with yours :D

Thanks for all the luck guys. Seems to have paid off so whatever positive vibes you sent keep em coming. 3lb off!! Woo! That's 10lb in three weeks. :) :) :)

That is amazing, you should be so proud of yourself!!!! Brilliant!!! Have you got any tips?

Ruth
X

I have to admit that athread I read on here recently I really agreed with. Slimming world is amazing. I've done well on here before hence coming back post baby. BUT it's true the portion control element is non existent and often counter productive. We are told to eat until satisfied. Not hungry not bursting. But to many of us who have spent years overriding that particular switch that's the hardest thing of all. Tell me I can have unlimited chicken and I'll eat a whole one. Unlimited potatoes? I have a family size actifry and I ain't afraid to use it. @craftermary s hunger scale is very useful and i've referred to it a few times. However I can't escape that I didn't know what a "normal portion" looked like any more!!

Introducing my fitness pal to the basic slimming world concepts and following a hybrid kind of plan has made all the difference. Yes it's a faff to weigh stuff but I have some really nice Joseph Joseph scales and now they live on the side instead of in the cake making cupboard.

Having said that Ruth you are doing amazingly well! You don't need my tips haha :)

Thanks for all the luck guys. Seems to have paid off so whatever positive vibes you sent keep em coming. 3lb off!! Woo! That's 10lb in three weeks. :) :) :)
So delighted to hear it.... I get thrilled for peoples weight losses :woohoo:lol

So delighted to hear it.... I get thrilled for peoples weight losses :woohoo:lol

Ahh thanks @bloodcoveredprincess that's really nice of you. It's nice to see you back too on here. I remembered you from before :) it's been nice to see so many familiar faces returning!! How are you finding it?

Yeah well done.:)

I never used to weigh food. I was to lazy to do it.Until I started following the FODMAP so had to weigh everything. I have a pair of easy scales on my worktop and as I don't eat many different foods now I sort of know the amounts.
These are the scales I use.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Weig...d=1468489537&sr=1-154&keywords=kitchen+scales
. Those are nice scales too :) if they look nice I don't mind them being on show! Mine are these http://www.wayfair.co.uk/Joseph-Jos...186508366343&gclid=CIPb4sqH880CFdIV0woddA4H8Q But not from there because that price is a joke. They were a wedding present :) getting more use now than ever!!!

I have to admit that athread I read on here recently I really agreed with. Slimming world is amazing. I've done well on here before hence coming back post baby. BUT it's true the portion control element is non existent and often counter productive. We are told to eat until satisfied. Not hungry not bursting. But to many of us who have spent years overriding that particular switch that's the hardest thing of all. Tell me I can have unlimited chicken and I'll eat a whole one. Unlimited potatoes? I have a family size actifry and I ain't afraid to use it. @craftermary s hunger scale is very useful and i've referred to it a few times. However I can't escape that I didn't know what a "normal portion" looked like any more!!

Introducing my fitness pal to the basic slimming world concepts and following a hybrid kind of plan has made all the difference. Yes it's a faff to weigh stuff but I have some really nice Joseph Joseph scales and now they live on the side instead of in the cake making cupboard.

Having said that Ruth you are doing amazingly well! You don't need my tips haha :)

Well I have my little Fitbit flex for my sleep tracking and I can track my food too. So I did for a week and I was intrigued... We eat together (OH and I) but split the meals 2/3 (OH) to 1/3 (Me) and I often wonder if my meals are small but I prefer them that way. So I'm not hungry or full- but 'Goldilocksed' as I call it.
I think that SW is totally amazing and I think you're right about the weighing and measuring and there was a point where I would have just taken the 'unlimited' challenge and thrown the food down my neck in vast quantities- in fact I remember doing it.
I just like to see what makes people tick when it comes to changing their lifestyle on this plan as I'm always looking for ways to keep it off when it comes to maintaining (I am already thinking about it!) and the fact that some of my best friends got engaged this morning and I'm worrying about the food that's going to be at their engagement do and my first ever gain- that's not right.
So whilst I might be on plan in my own little world, the big bad world scares me a little!!

I hope you're celebrating tonight for your loss- sorry for the essay!

Ruth
X

Ahh bless you i know that feeling. The real world terrifies me too! Far less control outside of my little bubble. I have found myself turning things down when I can't be sure of the content 100%!! I have been at target (well as close as dammit) and maintaining was hard for me so like you it's a road less travelled and I'll have to find a way to manage it. It's great you are thinking about it though. A real positive attitude that you can see yourself there now and are planning for what it will be like!! X

Been good :) busy with the blimmin papers but can see the end of the tunnel. I should be done by Monday night. Woo!! I've done a better job of staying on track and hanging around here a bit this time. Although not as much as I would like.

Sounds like you have been really busy! I hope he appreciates his mums hard work!! ;) ;) does he live far away?

I broke in my new slow cooker properly last night and did some beef. It's so soft now and has literally fallen apart! Nom nom nom
We have a kids party this afternoon so I'm insisting on a lunch main meal so I don't go hungry surrounded by all the mini sausages and party rings. Party food is a real weakness for me!!!

Been good :) busy with the blimmin papers but can see the end of the tunnel. I should be done by Monday night. Woo!! I've done a better job of staying on track and hanging around here a bit this time. Although not as much as I would like.

Sounds like you have been really busy! I hope he appreciates his mums hard work!! ;) ;) does he live far away?

I broke in my new slow cooker properly last night and did some beef. It's so soft now and has literally fallen apart! Nom nom nom
We have a kids party this afternoon so I'm insisting on a lunch main meal so I don't go hungry surrounded by all the mini sausages and party rings. Party food is a real weakness for me!!!

Yum Party Rings!
I bet it feels fab to know that you will be done on Monday!!! The beef sounds totally wonderful too! Love it when it just falls apart!

Hope that you have a lovely day and a fab weekend!

Ruth
X

Ahh bless you i know that feeling. The real world terrifies me too! Far less control outside of my little bubble. I have found myself turning things down when I can't be sure of the content 100%!! I have been at target (well as close as dammit) and maintaining was hard for me so like you it's a road less travelled and I'll have to find a way to manage it. It's great you are thinking about it though. A real positive attitude that you can see yourself there now and are planning for what it will be like!! X

Totally agree with all of this!
Hopefully I can make it work! I stepped out of my comfort zone majorly and had homemade chicken satay with noodles and veg for dinner at 9 Syns per portion (4 tbsps of peanut butter in the whole recipe! :eek:) but OH wanted it so bad and he was like, 'you won't be able to have this', so I thought for a bit, and I shouldn't deny myself or him anything, just tweak it or cut the portion down! Ooo I am a right sucker for peanut butter and it was lovely to have some :) totally worth it!

Ruth
X

I find it hard to resist kids food. Annoying when I have 2. Grr. There are Maryland cookies in the tin and just the SMELL is enough.

I've had a big breakfast. Ham mushroom and red onion omlette. Lunch will be the beef with cauli mash roast carrots and broccoli (or peas if I'm feeling naughty). Tea will be minimal!

Ps when did peas become naughty???

Hope you all have a fab weekend too. The weather has perked up!!! Wooo!! Xx

I've just realised that this weeks lost got me my 2.5 stone award! D'oh!

Well done on 2.5.:)

My eldest lives in Exeter so about 60 miles away from me.All motorway so not to bad travel time. I am looking at getting a cleaner in every other week or every 4 weeks.It is our house he just house sits for us.He does keep the kitchen and bathroom clean but getting a cleaner in would mean I wouldn't have to do as much when I come down.

That's a good idea! Im thinking that a cleaner may be necessary when I go back full time. Eek. With a baby and a 6 year old I can just imagine it getting all a bit too much. Loads of people I know pay for 1 or 2 hours a week and swear by it.

If you can afford it why not. It will take some pressure off you. My youngest in Brighton has one and she was doing 4 hours for them and charged £50.That is cleaning and ironing.I don't know how many she does now as they have moved so don't need her for 4 hours. I've always done everything myself as I enjoyed doing it and only lived in a little cottage so it wasn't that big.

I'm back home now for a couple of weeks before I go back down to Exeter.

Maybe I'll ask for a referral when the time comes then if they are local! I'll have to wait and see if we can afford it ;)

Hope you had a good journey back :) it's been gorgeous here today!! Plus bonus I didn't eat kids party food! :) :)

Back